G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New Clock Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: New Clock Installed

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2003, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the '03.5s already had the newer clocks but the pics look different than mine (fat hands). I didn't realize how much night driving I did til this subject came up.

HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels

Old 02-10-2003, 11:58 PM

hehe.. the 03.5's dont have to change becuase its a recent upgrade they are doing..after the .5's were released...

..pestilence..

Old 02-11-2003, 05:58 AM

Saw the new clock at the dealership this weekend on all the new stock. Instead of elegant narrow chrome hands, the new clocks have chubby silver/titanium hands. Unless the bulbs are brighter I'm not sure this really solves the problem. Service advisor offered a free swap but I'm going to stick with elegant for now...

HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels

Old 02-11-2003, 09:44 AM

i just got mine changed. gonna pick up my car from the dealer later today.. i can't wait to get it back.. i've been driving a G loaner, but it's just not the same.. you just form a special bond with your individual G..

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mbarrad

"Just got my old clock replaced with a new one. The hands seem to be thicker, and the lumination is a subtle increase. You can check out the pics at the below link
https://g35driver.com/rides/detailride.php?vehId=395 "

You said that there was only a subtle increase in lumination...does the switchout really make a positive difference? I just got my G on Friday and the first thing I did notice is the clock was dim (I picked it up at night), and it looks like the hands on mine are slimmer than yours, so it's the old clock.

If the difference is not significant, I'd rather keep the old one...don't need the added weight of the thicker hands...0-60 times might suffer. : - )

Old 02-11-2003, 10:27 PM

yah, i just got the new clock.. didn't check the illumination, but the hands are a little thicker than i thought they would be.. and they're gray, rather than a more shiny silver/chrome.. it doesn't match the rest of the clock.. oh well.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:30 PM

Did they just take the temp guage and clock portion out to replace the clock or did they have to remove the whole dash? Thanks!!

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-11-2003, 10:50 PM

I stuck my head in a new coupe the other day to look at the new clock. I thought the hands look cheaper ... I will not be changing it out. Now if the FX clock fits the G... hmmmm.

Old 02-11-2003, 11:19 PM

Chinee,

The lighting is just a tad bit brighter than my old one. I think what made the difference was the combination of the thicker hands and the additional lighting. It is definately more readable at night. Also the hands are aluminum in color rather than the old chrome style which match the interior accents much better. The switch out made a very positive difference. I think you will be safe with 0-60 times... :-)

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 02-12-2003, 08:50 AM

i'm not sure what they had to do to install it.. i didn't watch them do it and didn't really bother to ask what they had to do..

it's actually easier to see.. i thought it would be many times brighter, but it's a very subtle change.. the size of the hands are what help you see the time on the clock better..

Old 08-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm a late-comer to this deal, but had my clock replaced yesterday as a freebie from my local Infiniti dealer. Yes, the hands are easier to read only because they are thicker/wider/chubbier...and look cheaper than the original chrome hands, unfortunately. Also...the backlighting is a joke. Does my dealer have any brighter bulbs or a fix for this so that the clock is illuminated better? Or, if it's a DYI job...where can I get brighter bulbs?

Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
pics!!! and way to go on resurecting a 2-year old thread!

Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
pics!!! and way to go on resurecting a 2-year old thread!
No pics, sorry. And, I believe in using "search" before asking questions on a forum where probably every question has been asked...and answered.

Except this one, again: are there any bulbs are modifications I or my dealer can do to make the clock backlighting brighter?

Old 08-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by davistld01
No pics, sorry. And, I believe in using "search" before asking questions on a forum where probably every question has been asked...and answered.

Except this one, again: are there any bulbs are modifications I or my dealer can do to make the clock backlighting brighter?
Thank's for using the search function. Many old timers like me get tired of answering the same questions time after time as newbees show up.

Here's a clock comparsion picture for those who want to see the difference.

Attached Thumbnails New Clock Installed-g35-clock.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Clock Installed