G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to forums, first G, would like your input on my mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to forums, first G, would like your input on my mods

I am going to Chicago on friday to pick up my first G, an 04 sedan with 6mt + nav and I think SAT. I am very excited and cant wait to start adding things to it. I would love if I can get input on my future plans for the car (I have already exhausted the search button) ha.

First things I plan on buying are the
Stillen hiflow air kit
clear corners

And then after I save more money i'm going to tint the windows to about 20% (Good amount or no)?

Then Plenum Spacers (I am actually not entirely sure what these do, or wheter I should get the 1/2'' or the 5/16''. Any suggestions?

And one of the most important features for me is ipod integration as well. I have been reading that people are getting the song info on the nav screen and that would be amazing if I could do that. I have read the most about the USA Spec so I am thinking about going with that.

My questions regarding this are does this allow for song info on the screen and video on the nav (with parking break on) And any other thoughts on this would be awesome.

Finally I am thinking about lowering the car and buying stillen sways.

Other than that I cant think of much else to do with the car so If I could get some feedback on these and other possibilities that would be great.

I will post pictures as soon as I get my G

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 AM
You didn't mention wheels I say do your suspension and wheels at the same time. The plenum spacer is a good idea for the 6mt tranny but I'm not 100% sure if the 2004 6mt was considered Rev up like the 2006. The 5/16 is the most popular and gives you slightly less gains over the 1/2 spacer plus you get to keep your engine cover. With a black car I highly recommend tinted windows it will look great with 20% but is it legal in your area? Clear side markers are inexpensive but I think the next big thing is going to be the custom Led sidemarkers being sold by kyazh check out the link below. The sides may be pricey though compared to your other modds. Another suggestion is painting your body moldings body color but with a black car it's not a must.
https://g35driver.com/forums/questionable-posts/144187-official-led-clear-corner-group-buy-thread.html
1. Tint
2. Plenum spacer
3. Wheels and drop
4. Sidemarkers
5. Aero modds

Old 05-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Yea, I should have mentioned, my car is silver ha, and for tinting laws, I live in Ks where its 35% across the board, but I go to school in Miami florida where its 28%front 15%rear.. I wasnt sure if the police really cared about tinting that much.. and all I know about the wheels right now is they are 17s

Those led corners are pretty sweet too, i might have to check those out..

Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perry, are you saying that with the MD 1/2" spacer on the G35 sedan, the engine cover will not fit?? I was told otherwise, and I need to know the truth before I buy a spacer. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
honestly.. do tint.. wheels/tires and a drop first... imo

Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Why do you both suggest doing wheels and tires first? I really wasnt planning on doing much with them simply because that would be very expensive.. Is it that important?

Old 05-31-2007, 12:42 PM
wheels is what makes the car imo

Old 05-31-2007, 12:55 PM
congrats on your car!

When i had my 04 Sedan, i did these mods in this order:

- tint
- debadge
- wheels/tires/springs
- ipod hookup
- 6000k's

that was enough to make a nice ride in my opinion

Old 05-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
Perry, are you saying that with the MD 1/2" spacer on the G35 sedan, the engine cover will not fit?? I was told otherwise, and I need to know the truth before I buy a spacer. Thanks.
Hmm from what I recall only the 5/16 would fit with the engine cover but I could be wrong it's been a while since the topic was discussed I say do a search to find out for certain.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Granto86
Why do you both suggest doing wheels and tires first? I really wasnt planning on doing much with them simply because that would be very expensive.. Is it that important?
I'm selling a set of eibach prokit springs in the market place area since your car is a manual that means you have sport shocks a drop isn't expensive. Wheels is going to be your most expensive modd.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Yea, maybe its just me but i'm not too into wheels and tires, they look cool and all but i not ready to spend that much money on them. I'd much rather work on performance mods and low cost jobs like clear corners and a ztube.

As for ipod configs, has anyone fit their USA Spec to go into a dock in the ashtray? I have seen pictures of it and I think it looks really cool. Also with the USA Spec, can you also control the ipod with the actual ipod or only through the stereo?

Old 05-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I would suggest the coupe midpipe with the hks sport muffler that'd add a nice exhaust note to your ride wihtout sounding ricey.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by chinaman_87
I would suggest the coupe midpipe with the hks sport muffler that'd add a nice exhaust note to your ride wihtout sounding ricey.
I've thought about getting an exhuast pipe but been very wary of the sound. My friend as one on his golf and it is way too deep of a sound for me and there is a very loud drone sound. I am looking for a strong aggressive sound rather than just a loud obnoxious sound

Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd drop it first and then put some wheels 19's minimum. As far as tint I like for people to see the driver behind the wheel of the sexy car so I wouldn't really think about tint. After the minimal exterior things are done I would focus on areo features such as lips and performance and oops cant forget the audio.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
How much does dropping usually cost? And should I then be worried about bottoming out on streets and everything?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to forums, first G, would like your input on my mods