G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help, Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, Help!!!

I just wanted to find out if anybody knows what's the part called under the engine (the plastic cover). I heard underbody/ under panel, but couldn't find it anywhere . I was coming back from Indianapolis to Chicago and it come loose and on almost all front screws. So I managed to attach it back with some plastic pull things at a gas station just to get back home, but its in bed shape most scratched off in the middle from the road. Some local mechanic want's $50 for it, is it worth it??? I could install it my self.

One more thing, did anyone manage to get rid of the 1-2 sec rattling noise what you first start the engine?????

Thank You all
Steve

03, sedan, 6MT, navi, aero kit,

Old 06-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Engine splash shield.

For the rattle issue, make sure to crank your engine a fraction of a second longer than normal. Give that a try.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:01 PM
well I tried, same rattling noise for 1-2 sec when I start the car on cold engine.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Is it from the motor or tranny. If it is the typical tranny chatter you will not get rid of it.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by gladiator_sgi
I just wanted to find out if anybody knows what's the part called under the engine (the plastic cover). I heard underbody/ under panel, but couldn't find it anywhere . I was coming back from Indianapolis to Chicago and it come loose and on almost all front screws. So I managed to attach it back with some plastic pull things at a gas station just to get back home, but its in bed shape most scratched off in the middle from the road. Some local mechanic want's $50 for it, is it worth it??? I could install it my self.

One more thing, did anyone manage to get rid of the 1-2 sec rattling noise what you first start the engine?????

Thank You all
Steve

03, sedan, 6MT, navi, aero kit,
I'm not sure what's it called but I took mine off and left it off. I'm sure there's some aerodynamic benefits, if I was going 100 mph, but since I change my own oil, it's too much of a hassle to take it on and off. Haven't notice any difference. So I would say save yourself $50 and leave it off. Unless, somebody can tell us why it is needed??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.