G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Got a flat today - 2005 TPMS functionality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a flat today - 2005 TPMS functionality?

I thought my full size spare wasn't supposed to have a tpms...

But according to the shop who swapped my tire for me (very slow leak due to an item puncturing my tire that I could hear when it hit the pavement when driving)...

Anyway the shop said that the stem appeared to have a tpms sensor on it. I really thought the system only looked at the four main tires?

Ok so now they have my original tire and will give it back to me tomorrow.. Have the full size spare with what looks to be a TPMS sensor on it...

And no TPMS light going off in my car...

So - does my 2005 G35x full size spare really have a sensor?

If it does do I have to have the car sync'ed to it? (Or do I really need to swap my original repaired tire back in... Assuming it can be repaired because it might not be able to)

Thanks guys...

Old 06-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The spare in my 2005 X Does have the TPMS sensor in it. . . Not sure if that system does much tho.. lol My Light turns on while driving on the hwy for more then 15min & I don't even have the TPMS sensors in my aftermarket rims. . .

Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DingoNY
I thought my full size spare wasn't supposed to have a tpms...

But according to the shop who swapped my tire for me (very slow leak due to an item puncturing my tire that I could hear when it hit the pavement when driving)...

Anyway the shop said that the stem appeared to have a tpms sensor on it. I really thought the system only looked at the four main tires?

Ok so now they have my original tire and will give it back to me tomorrow.. Have the full size spare with what looks to be a TPMS sensor on it...

And no TPMS light going off in my car...

So - does my 2005 G35x full size spare really have a sensor?

If it does do I have to have the car sync'ed to it? (Or do I really need to swap my original repaired tire back in... Assuming it can be repaired because it might not be able to)

Thanks guys...
The TPMS in the car only "sees" the four mounted tires. The spare is too far from the pickups to register. If your TPMS is not lighting up with the spare installed, then you can have the dealer reset it. I just had to have mine done for the same reason. I also found out that if you don't get it reset within some period of time, apparently it gives up and shuts down. I was driving around thinking it was working because the light went out after a while and it was in fact "offline".