G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to the "G"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I use a lot of Zaino and Meguiar's detailing spray. Both of them work very well.

As for those city lights, I would trade them out for some nice LED ones. I took mine out when I did my quad-projector retro since the angel eyes overpowered them so much anyway.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 AM
RPL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valenrandy
Here is a picture of the passenger side. The drivers side does not work. What is the purpose of this light? So will I have to take the bumper off for this?
Don't listen to anyone on this forum regarding the removal/swapping of those driving lights. Just remove the coolant reservoir and stick your hand down there, twist off the light housing, pull back and wha-la, you've got your bulb and easy to remove. The other side is more difficult because you have to remove the air filter housing, but it beats a wheel and wheel well. I can change those bulbs out in a matter of minutes. And if you're unsure of what you're grabbing, just slightly wiggle it around and check to see if you're wiggling the driving light or not, if not, move to the next piece. It is pretty simple to find, however.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RPL
Don't listen to anyone on this forum regarding the removal/swapping of those driving lights.
Including yourself?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
RPL
^ I swear. I took my time, jacked up the car, took off the wheel and removed the wheel well only to figure out that I could access it from the top of the engine. I was so pissed. Haha. I'll do a video of it clear your ignorance.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 AM
I apreciate everyones advice here on the boards. As my understanding, best bang for the buck are......

z-tube
pop-charger
plenum spacer (5/16)

I've read somewhere about something called an Mrev?
do those only work on "05" and up models?

I'd like to get my car in the low 14sec 1/4 mile and atleast in the 5's 0-60.

will these help me get it there?

as one of the posters above noted. he said that the 260-298 hp cars are practicaly the same. Then how come their 0-60 is in the mid to low 5's? I'd like mine to be there as well

thanks.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
RPL

I'd like to get my car in the low 14sec 1/4 mile and atleast in the 5's 0-60.

Depending on weather, elevation and track conditions, you could already be there. The G is no slouch for a sedan. There is a guy on this forum that, I believe, ran a 13.7 - stock on his 03.5 G.

Although I do not have the setup, I'd skip the pop charger and possibly the Z-tube. Just get a KNN drop in and the spacer.

This may be some bull, so be aware of that and someone correct me if I'm wrong (you learn something new everyday, right?):

I believe there have been cases where the pop charger have hurt performance. This is a similar situation to the wrx setup, where the "correct" amount of air is incorrectly measured by the MAF/ECU due to changes in the diameter or whatever of the air intake. Thus, air to fuel ratios then become sub-optimal, hurting performance.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:10 AM
interesting.......holding off for a bit now to soak in responces.....

But what if after you do both z-tube and pop, you do a system re-set. unplug the battery for the night and it relearns everything wth the new intake?

right?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:56 AM
RPL
interesting.......holding off for a bit now to soak in responces.....

But what if after you do both z-tube and pop, you do a system re-set. unplug the battery for the night and it relearns everything wth the new intake?

right?
I'm just shooting off knowledge here off the top of my head, but I believe that ECUs have a specific parameter that cannot be changed. There are programs, however, that I believe you can get at a tuner shop, that change these parameters. It's going to take more than a simple reset. Furthermore, I don't recommend resetting the ECU after every modification: it's constantly changing anyways. I'd only do it for immediate responses, like if you're going to put in race gas or something (although, unless you're going FI, you'll never need race gas).

Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RPL
^ I swear. I took my time, jacked up the car, took off the wheel and removed the wheel well only to figure out that I could access it from the top of the engine. I was so pissed. Haha.
Wow, that sucks. All I did was turn the front wheels all the way so I could reach in there, removed the 5 or so connectors on the front of the wheel well liner, pulled it back and reached in there. Took me about 30 minutes to replace the parking light and fog light on both sides. Sorry man.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:21 PM
In the morning I will wash the car and detail it, I will be short on time but I will do my best. It may not last long though. Rain for the weekend the man on tv said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.