G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My new G35S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new G35S

Hi guys, thinking about purchasing a G35S this week.. just had a couple questions, with regards to some of the options.

1. Is there an aftermarket navi available that will fit into the cubby of the factory navi slot?

2. If I decide not to go with the aero package, is a titanium trim dash/kit available to install aftermarket?

3. If you were to choose a color (although I know it is a individual preference) would you choose silver or black exterior? I know many have had a similar debate on these two colors, but I just cant seem to choose.. so any input would help greatly.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

grew

Old 02-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Re: My new G35S

I can only answer #3.Black,when clean, looks awesome.Problem is it gets dirty or dusty real quick and when the pollen hits ,forget it.I love my silver,looks classy and hides dirt.

2003.5 G35 Sedan
2002 Accord V6
2001 MiataSE

Old 02-09-2003, 10:11 AM

such a difficult decision. I've been thinking about this all day. Black does look good..but high maintainence obviously. Dealer has given me 1 day to decide. I think right now I am leaning towards the silver

Old 02-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grew:

1: Not really. Some have mangled some things in there, but nothing with clean lines like the factory Nav system. I have the Nav in my car, and I like it.

2: First, the titanium trim dash comes with the Sport-tuned Suspension package (which is required in order to get the Aero Package, but you could have Sport w/ titanium, and no Aero Package). Second, there are lots of stick-on wood and I think carbon fiber kits to cover up the center console. You could probably also order the required pieces from Infiniti and swap them out, not sure what the cost would be on that, though.

3: Out of those two, I'd take the silver. Mine is Desert Platinum, which in bright sunlight you could mistake for silver unless they're parked next to each other. Dust and rainspots don't make the car scream "Wash Me!" Plus, lighter colors lead to a cooler interior when you jump in your car on a sunny day. When I went to the dealership to pick out my car, they had a black one in the showroom.. just from closing the trunk, I left a bunch of highly visible fingerprints on the rear spoiler. You can't see fingerprints on silver or platinum. Although, as a counterpoint, if you don't have the Aerodynamic Body Kit, you'll have black plastic sills all around the bottom of the car, which would be less noticeable on a black car.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 02-09-2003, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the detailed responses.

Well I've gathered from some other posts that an aftermarket infiniti navi can be had but for a very steep price. Not sure if this will change in the coming months but I certainly hope so. I would prefer something that fits into the cubby though. As for the titanium dash trim, I'm in canada and it is part of the Aero package here (I believe they combine aero/sport into one package in Canada) and since I have not opted for this package I will have to find some sort of aftermarket solution in regards to my trim. I cant stand wood.

Old 02-09-2003, 04:18 PM

If you want nav, just buy Infiniti's system... Aftermarket ones might cost a few hundred less, but you will end up spending more after you get done modding your dash in order to make it work....

As far as color goes, listen to the guy who details cars... Black is a @itch to keep clean, and if you don't detail it right you will end up with lots of hair line scratchs that are easy to see on black... I'd definatly go with Silver... Looks good with black tinted windows..

Old 02-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Silver over Black....Desert Platinum over Silver. Picked up my Plat on Friday, 02/07,....couldn't stay out of it all weekend...now have 210 miles on the odometer.

I traded my black 02 Acura TL, and one of the reasons was because I couldn't handle the appearence maintenance anymore. I also have a silver Sequoia and that hides dirt REALLY well, so I decided that silver was the way to go.

I almost purchased the brilliant silver, but I saw it parked right next to the Desert Platinum, and the Plat definitely adds substance and depth to the exterior. So long as you don't live in So. Florida...buy the Plat. (I haven't seen many G's around here, and never a Plat...it's nice being unique.)

Old 02-09-2003, 08:57 PM

Congrats on your new G. I have the Deseert Platinum/ Willow Leather/Premium Pkg and love it. I use Klasse All-In-One, Klase Sealant Glaze and then a couple of coats of Pinnacle Paste Glaze. The shine is amazing and makes the DP look deeper, which is unusual for a light colored car.

Old 02-10-2003, 09:23 AM

most of dealers are just assuming the sport package buyers want aero spoiler too, that is why they combine these 2 in their stock. I passed the offering from my dealer for a sedan in DP with spoiler at no extra charge from their inventory, but BS is my perferenece, so it tooks them 2 weeks to locate the color (sports w/o spoiler) I want. Titanium dash trim looks much better than gray plastic IMO unless you cover them with wood trim.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter and love it

Old 02-10-2003, 10:54 AM

Hi there. thanks for the replies.

I have decided to go with the BS as the final choice of my G35S. Thank you everyone that gave me their input in my decision making.

In regards to the trim, I will absolutely install an aftermarket kit/trim because the plastic trim just doesnt sit well with me. Dealer said the titanium trim is available for $559 however i think that is daylight robbery. I'm going to try to find it elsewhere. Would I be able to mimic the trim available in the factory package? Or are there some spots that just can't be replaced?

Any suggestions about the navi would also be appreciated.

Old 02-10-2003, 11:31 PM

BTW: I would definetly decide to go with the infiniti navi.. (i made the mistake of not getting it.. now i cry every day)..
hehe

..pestilence..