G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

TPS question - 2003.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPS question - 2003.5

Hey guys, I know that my car did not come with TPS on my wheels, and that's np. didnt matter much to me. But now I've got a set of 18" coupe wheels that have TPS on them. My question is, does my car have the ability to use the TPS on the new wheels? Thanks guys!

Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Why didn't your car come with the TPS system? I thought all G's had it.

If you are right and your car didn't come with it then my guess would be no since you don't have the receiver.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
thanks for the info once again Ttrank! I'll ask the dealer about it to make sure I'm not just talking out my ***.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Why didn't your car come with the TPS system? I thought all G's had it.

If you are right and your car didn't come with it then my guess would be no since you don't have the receiver.
^^+1.

03.5 here too.. no tps. I already asked the dealer. I was inquiring this question because I was going to get aftermarket wheels. Then I found out that I didnt need them.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
the tps are the receivers... the sending unit is what gives you the reading if its low pressure... the sending unit sends a signal to the tps... it also is what your remote uses to lock and unlock the doors uses... if you can lock/unlock your doors you have a sending unit. However, it's unlikely it will work with aftermarket tps.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
the tps are the receivers... the sending unit is what gives you the reading if its low pressure... the sending unit sends a signal to the tps... it also is what your remote uses to lock and unlock the doors uses... if you can lock/unlock your doors you have a sending unit. However, it's unlikely it will work with aftermarket tps.

So are you saying that if they have the oem keyless, they could go to the dealer and add the sensors? I know the dealer has to program new sensors.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
So are you saying that if they have the oem keyless, they could go to the dealer and add the sensors? I know the dealer has to program new sensors.
he has an 03.5 so it's not keyless... I don't know how the new car (keyless) sending unit interacts... I only know any of this because I went 4 trips to the dealer to correct a false tps warning light... loooonnnngggg story. But they replaced the sending unit and one of the sensors... yes, dealer can program the sensors (they also reprogram the remote door lock) however, the OP indicated his were some type of aftermarket sensors. If they are not OEM they probably won't be compatible with the sending unit.

EDIT... I just re-read the post - they are coupe wheels so the sensors are OEM... I'm sure the dealer can program them. Just make sure you take all the remotes you have so they can reprogram those as well.

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
well that's awesome news! I wonder what the dealer will charge me for this.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also bought coupe wheels with sensors, same story as yours, i will go to the dealer next week and check it out

Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Not all G35 sedans had TPMS, I belive it was not until the 2004 models that TPMS was added.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 PM
well, maliy06, if you could keep me posted, even VIA pm, that would be much appreciated. I will do the same for you.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by (>")> G35
Not all G35 sedans had TPMS, I belive it was not until the 2004 models that TPMS was added.
If that’s the case Pska might be out of luck... however I'm interested in knowing if they have remote door lock?... If so the sending unit might still work - just pre -04 had no tps... I'm certain Nissan did not make a different sending unit just for tps... I'm also reluctant to believe all pre-04 have no tps... Is there a chance it was an option pre 04 that was made standard post 04?... If so, they probably didn’t make any changes in the sending unit - just added the sensors… if so, the coupe wheels he bout should be okay – they just need to reset the sensors.

On the other hand I do know the ECU was upgraded post 03… so the “sending unit” may have been too… this is an interesting wait and see… Hopefully the OP won’t drop off the face of the earth like so many other black hole G35 questions…

Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
TPMS was a new feature for '04 that did not exist for earlier years. It was one of the reasons I waited for the '04 when I got mine as well as the LSD and new DG color.

As to whether the sending unit is different I'm not sure, but wouldn't the light be on the dash have been on? The light is on my dash since I'm running the coupe 19's without the sensors.

If you can't use them, you might as well sell them. They seem to be pretty popular, I'd be interested.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if two sets of sensors can be programmed?

Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
TPMS was a new feature for '04 that did not exist for earlier years. It was one of the reasons I waited for the '04 when I got mine as well as the LSD and new DG color.

As to whether the sending unit is different I'm not sure, but wouldn't the light be on the dash have been on? The light is on my dash since I'm running the coupe 19's without the sensors.

If you can't use them, you might as well sell them. They seem to be pretty popular, I'd be interested.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if two sets of sensors can be programmed?
any OEM sensors can be programmed but you make a good point that narrows down my original question about cars without sending unit... does the pre-04 have a dash light or is it not seen because there are no tps?... It's not visible unless it’s on – you don’t know it’s on unless there is a failure or low pressure… if you have no sensor it won’t be seen in any event. Is pre 04 no sensor, no sending unit, no dash light? Or just no sensors?

Have we even verified that no model pre 04 offered this feature?…

Old 07-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
any OEM sensors can be programmed ......................does the pre-04 have a dash light or is it not seen because there are no tps?....................
Have we even verified that no model pre 04 offered this feature?…
I know they can be reprogrammed, but can the car recognize two different sets, 8 total? Is there a DIY on programming the sensors? How is it done anyway?

I'd guess the dash has the light already. Manufacturers usually plan ahead for features, but I dunno if the sending unit is there. If it is then it must be turn off somehow, cuz my light is on all the time now since I have no sensors.

I'm pretty sure that the pre 04's did not have this feature even as an option. Perhaps some very late builds had it as a running change as they geared up for the 04, but I doubt it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPS question - 2003.5