G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

**PLEASE READ- I need your advice**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**PLEASE READ- I need your advice**

Thursday I went to my Infiniti dealership (which I am not going to disclose till they tell me what the final outcome is) I was having problems with my windshield wipers the tips/ends were not cleaning. I don't think they were touching the windshield. I used the whole reservoir in less then a month trying to keep the windshield clean. They replaced the windshield wipers and filled the reservoir. I was in and out of the dealership in thirty-five minutes. I was pleased. The next morning while driving to work salt got on the windshield and I needed to clean it off. I went to use the wipers and the fluid didn’t come out. So the salt smeared all over the windshield and I couldn’t see well. I had to pull over and clean it off with snow. The guy that filled up my reservoir filled it with water not the cleaning solution so it froze.
Saturday I went back to Infiniti to have them put solution into the reservoir. While I was waiting a man from the dealership came over to me and said he needs to speak to concerning my trade in. (My trade in was a 1999 BMW 323i. I fully disclosed to the dealership my Speedometer was not working and the Odometer was working. They drove it, did their once over on the car and brought it back to me forty-five minutes later while the salesman and I finished the paperwork. The deal was closed and I was a VERY happy G35x owner.)

Now they are saying the mileage on the car is not correct, they don’t know what it is and they have to sell the car as a unknown mileage car. Which will get them $2000 less when they sell it. They need to bring the car to BMW and have it hooked up to a computer to see what the true mileage is. So there may not be a problem. The salesman lied and told his manager that he called me at home and he and I had this discussion with me concerning the car. This is 100% a lie! By my reaction today they should have known that this was the first time I was approached concerning this matter. At one point when they were saying I might have to pay the $2000 difference I had to get up and walk out of the dealership because I was so angry with them.

CAN they do this?

Isn’t their job to do there due diligence and make sure everything is ok before taking the car and closing the deal?

How can they close a deal then come back to me one month later and say there is a problem and I may have to pay them $2000?

PLEASE HELP!

If it's a G it's 4 me!

2004 G35x
Diamond Graphite~Graphite~Premium~Wood~Splash Guards~7 Wire Grounding Kit~Z-Tube

Old 01-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Re: **PLEASE READ- I need your advice**

They don't have any legal recourse since the deal was already done. There is no way for them to force you to pay. You already disclosed the fact that there was a problem with the speedometer/odometer.

I suggest ignoring them and finding a new dealership to do service at. Ignore their calls and do not open any letters they send you.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If they signed the paperwork after you disclosed that fact, then they screwed themselves. A lot of dealerships try to do this ("There was an unknown, pre-existing problem!") when they can't sell the car for what they thought they'd get.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 01-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Premier Member

'All sales are final"

They have absolutley no legal recourse against you, it's their oversight and their problem. Do you think the dealership, or any dealership would re-negotiate your purchase on your G35 after you bought it? No they would not.
Ignore their calls, change dealerships and enjoy your car, good luck.

Old 01-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In New Mexico, we have to sign an "odometer disclosure" statement when trading or selling a car, it states something like "to the best of my knowledge the odometer reading is accurate" and I think, there is someplace on the form that you can disclose if there was a problem, like the speedo being broken, not sure about that last thing though, I'd have to look!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 01-25-2004, 03:10 PM
IQ9

In Cali, once the papers are signed a deal is made and thats the end of the story. Buyer beware!

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 01-25-2004, 05:37 PM

From your story, it appears that you are in the clear no matter they say or try to do.

I'd get in a room with the salesman that claims to have had that phone conversation with you, and include his supervisor, then figure out who's lying to whom and see if a peaceful resolution can be made.

If they press it, and start pointing a resolution in the way of you paying $2K more, I'd immediately demand my old car back, as well as any payments made on the car thus far (none yet I imagine). They are trying to change the terms of an already agreed upon and executed business transaction, and if they force it into open negotiation again, I'd just back out altogether and take my car back. They will undoubtedly not want this.

Still, I'd seriously go after the lying salesman in front of his boss. That kind of behavior is simply unacceptable.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 AM

in nj, you also have to sign an odometer disclosure statement.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:15 AM
IQ9

I had to sign a similar form when I traded my car for the G. I'm in Cali. They also asked me if I have had any problems with the odo or speedo and where the car was serviced last.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 01-27-2004, 02:23 PM

Did they come after you for money? I freaked out when I was at the dealership. I told them point blank, I was going to blast their dealership on all Infiniti forums, call their USA head quarters and whatever else I can do to prevent them from being sucessful. I just can't believe they came back to me one month later saying I may have to pay $2000.

If it's a G it's 4 me!

2004 G35x
Diamond Graphite~Graphite~Premium~Wood~Splash Guards~7 Wire Grounding Kit~Z-Tube

Old 01-27-2004, 05:42 PM

Not only would I not pay them a cent....I would take my business elsewhere and let it be known!

Mikey35

Old 01-27-2004, 07:05 PM

Hey, Dinapoli,

The question is, did you try to "rewind" the odometer (a common thing people to with their leased cars)? What exactly was the problem with your old car?

With all due respect, we are getting one side of the story here.
I run a business. I foresee problems that can occur. Perhaps you should've thought that your problem with odometer would come up.

And about your little winshield cleaning fluid problem. C'mon! If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

And the wipers, please... That's just what happens with rubber windshield wipers on the cold and sleet. I had that happen with my Lexus SUV, turned-in yesterday, with the new G35X arriving later this week.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:05 PM

What...are you the manager I spoke with from the dealership? No, I did not try or ever touch the odometer. It's digital, I wouldn't even know how to do it. Additionally, I owned the car, there was no reason to roll it back. The speedometer was not working on the car. I told them that when they took the car and gave it an inspection. The odometer was always working, it never stopped counting. If they were smart, they should have checked it then not a month later. The salesman was pushy and wanted the sale done ASAP. He wanted me to take the car that day. I picked it up two days later.

Concerning my wiper and fluid problem. The car is a month old and costs 36K, I shouldn't have these problems and they need to know about it.

Oh...I bought wiper fluid today. Because it FROOZE FOR A SECOND TIME!!

If it's a G it's 4 me!

2004 G35x

178514-G35X badge.jpg

Old 01-28-2004, 02:55 PM

Looks like you might be getting "bushed"

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...1&searchdiff=6

2003.5 Brill. Silver/Willow 6MT sedan, Premium/Winter/Navigation

Old 01-28-2004, 03:04 PM

dnapoli,

I am not a manager at that dealership. In fact, I know, as I am sure you do, that all the dealers are d0ucheb@gs with very few exceptions. Just saying that you gotta cover all bases with them. I'm pretty sure that they have a caveat in this trade-in agreement that covers some problems not found right away. Read it carefully.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.