G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

About to buy a 2006 g35 sedan(6spd), just some questions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
About to buy a 2006 g35 sedan(6spd), just some questions..

Great forum guys! alot of useful info and great pics..
Im about to buy a used 2006 g35 sedan 6speed, RWD, 17000miles(black on black) for $23000.
Ive just got couple of questions about the car.
1. how does the car drive in the snow??? (i live in new york city with a decent amount of snow every winter.)
2. does the 06 rwd 6spd come with all season tires or summer tires?
3. what type of key does the 06 have? is it switchblade, just the old style with key and remote, or is it one of those keyless systems?
4. does the 06 come with bose system stock?
5. are there any major recalls i should know about?
what are the most common problems?
6. what would you say the cons are about this car?
7. are there alot of aftermarket parts for this car? (ie.- intakes, exhaust, body kit, springs?)
8. does the price seem good? (06 g35 6spd 17000miles for 23000$)
9. since im going to buy this car used but it still has only 17000miles and it a 2006,will it still have the factory warrenty? if yes can i bring this car to any infiniti dealer if there is any problems? what is the warrenty til? is there a warrenty for the clutch/transmission?
10. how is the factory paint on the car?

thanks for all the help guys....!!!!!!!

Last edited by jin22gt; 07-27-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Ive got the sme car here in Ohio and with the stock Bridgestones is SUCKS. But I plan on buy a good set of winter tires to put on for winter.
2. summer tires.
3. I dont belive that the 6mt comes with anything but a key with a remote.
4. Im pretty sure it has to have the premium package to get bose.
5. The only problem Ive had with mine so far is the syncros in the tranny. I had a new one put in a 8900 miles.
6. Ive loved my car so far and Ive had it about 1.5 yrs.
7. There is a decent amount of parts but not nearly as much as the 03-04. As far as i know there are no body kits just a front lip.
8. Yea that seems like a good price but I dont freally know what all the options it has. That would help.
9. Yes it will still have the warrnty. You can take it to any dealer. The clutch is a wear and tear item.
10. I havent had any problems with my paint so far just take care of it and it should be fine.

Oh and welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car.DOMO

Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a good price, i been to a sacramento dealer and they got an 04 sedan 6 spd with 45k miles and he wants $25,000

Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maliy06
thats a good price, i been to a sacramento dealer and they got an 04 sedan 6 spd with 45k miles and he wants $25,000
He's dreaming

Old 07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Not much new to add to what was posted already:
1. Depends on how YOU drive it in the snow. I live 45 miles west of you, and I park mine in the winter. But a 40-50lb bag of sand or cement in the trunk, and a full set of snows, should be good enough, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.
3. Keyless wasn't an option on 6MT G35's.
5. No recalls at all, but about a dozen Technical Service Bulletins to address minor issues like creaking windows and clicking rear axles. All fixed under warranty, no charge to you. The TSBs address most common problems, other than driver error!
6. Every punk with a Civic, Accord, BMW 318, 325, 330, M-B C240, C320, TL, and TSX wants to race you on the streets. Even after you beat them.
7. The sedan shares major components (engine, drivetrain, suspension, brakes) with the coupe and 350Z, so most parts that fit those cars will fit the sedan as well. If you have your eyes on something particular, search the forum and see what others have to say about it. Chances are, somebody's already done it (or tried to), and has done a write-up on how well or if it worked, looked, performed....
8. Price seems OK, but if it's a local car, 17k NYC miles will have taken their toll on struts, brakes, tires, and clutch, all of which are wear & tear items fixed/replaced at your expense. Make sure you get a good pre-purchase inspection by somebody you trust, and make sure they look at those areas.
9. I think stock warranty was 5 yrs/60k miles? Extended mine to 10/100, and I'm pretty sure that stays with the car, regardless of owner. Any dealer will handle your car, and Nissan dealers too, if you're hard-up (at least mine does) for non-warranty work (check-ups, oil changes, etc.).
10. No paint problems that Infiniti can do anything about. Stones leave nice pock marks and gouges in the front bumper fascia and aluminum hood, which is annoying. If your car isn't too bad already, you may want to consider getting a "clear bra" to protect the front end from this type of damage.

Good luck with your G!

Old 07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
It works on my machine
I used to have the same car only it was a 2005

Originally Posted by jin22gt
Great forum guys! alot of useful info and great pics..
Im about to buy a used 2006 g35 sedan 6speed, RWD, 17000miles(black on black) for $23000.

Ive just got couple of questions about the car.

1. how does the car drive in the snow??? (i live in new york city with a decent amount of snow every winter.)
Awesome, with snow tires. I would recommend the Dunlop M3's
Only summer tires, if yo intend to drive in the winter you will need snow tires.
3. what type of key does the 06 have? is it switchblade, just the old style with key and remote, or is it one of those keyless systems?
Regular key with a seprate remote
4. does the 06 come with Bose system stock?
Only if you get the premium package
Rear Axel clicking problem 2005 at least.
The clutch, very tricky
7. are there alot of aftermarket parts for this car? (ie.- intakes, exhaust, body kit, springs?)
Everywhere
9. since im going to buy this car used but it still has only 17000miles and it a 2006,will it still have the factory warranty? if yes can i bring this car to any infiniti dealer if there is any problems? what is the warranty til? is there a warrenty for the clutch/transmission?
Will still have factory warranty, but if you mess up the clutch good luck on getting the dealer to replace it for free. Usually costs $1200
Nice, but chips easily. Black shows everything...
thanks for all the help guys....!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 AM
some of my answers will be redundant, but I wanted to help and elaborate. See below:

With summer tires that car barely moves in the snow. I got myself some AVON Tech M550's and did great last 2 winters and love the tire overall. I used to live in Queens, moved to Suffolk (often more snow by me) and drive to NYC often so I've had lots of road time with the car in all conditions.
Not sure, but usually summers I believe unless ordered otherwise.
Regular key and remote, Intelligent key was only on autos w/ Premium
4. does the 06 come with bose system stock?
Part of Premium pkg along w/ rear auto up/down windows, reclining rear seats and sunroof
not sure, minor TSB as mentioned above
+1 on the clutch, I have mine since day one for over 3 yrs and still can't get a smooth start most of the time. Not my 1st stick and I've got plenty of experience. The tranny could be better, shifting on my '04 is pretty hard, but that was improved on the 05/06. I've been through 2 trannies tho. Go fast mods are $$$$. Minor mods don't yeild enough gains. Interior could be a little quieter. I'm nit-picking alot here, but overall the car is great.
Plenty of stuff except for body on the 05/06. Added bonus is that many parts are interchangeable with the coupe and 350z, great for the mild modder. So many including myself have gotten minor upgrades lightly used at great prices like my full Z suspension.
Sounds ok, depends on options and condition tho.
9. since im going to buy this car used but it still has only 17000miles and it a 2006,will it still have the factory warrenty? if yes can i bring this car to any infiniti dealer if there is any problems? what is the warrenty til? is there a warrenty for the clutch/transmission?
Yes you should have a warranty unless you are buying a car with a salvage title or extensive mods. The warranty is 4yr/60k mi for bumper-to-bumper and 6yr/70k mi for powertrain and yes you can bring the car to an Infiniti dealer. Clutch is wear and tear, tranny is part of powertrain.
Just ok, watch out for rock chips, and stay away from trucks. +1 on the clear bra if the paint is good. I was going to do it when the car was new but everytime I wanted to take it to get done there was a major snow storm on my days off. Now I'm regreting it. If you do it make sure to get the headlights done as well to avoid them looking cloudy later.

Good luck, welcome and enjoy!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 PM
get the oil consumption test done on the car from the dealer. my 6mt motor eats oil at an alarming rate. some of the high rev motors eat oil, it is a crap shoot.