G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Problem with my 03' G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with my 03' G35 Sedan

Hello everyone!!

This is my first post, and I am glad to have found that theres a forum dedicated to G35s Hopefully you all can help me...

Problem: The center console which controls the A/C, climate control, radio, cd player etc.. are all inoperative. Even the lights which light up the center console have gone out. Currently my climate control is stuck at 74 degrees and I still have radio control through my steering wheel but the screen display is blank. I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan winter package without the navi system.

At first I thought it was a blown fuse- so I checked each one and found that there was nothing wrong with them. I have taken it to numerous mechanics with no luck because they all say that it is something only a nissan/infiniti service department can fix. When I took it to my local infiniti service department they said that the whole center console would need to be replaced. I was told that it would cost me 3,000 dollars and it would take up to three weeks to fix. I have just hit 65K on my mileage so my warranty has expired.

Has anyone else encountered these problems? --if so what did you do to fix it? Also since my warranty is expired is there anything else I can do -besides pay 3000 dollars and wait three weeks??

HELP ME IM DESPERATE

Last edited by nl1080; 08-18-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome aboard!
If I'm not wrong I believe there are a couple of cases just like your in the forum maybe doing some search will help to find them. If I were you in the same situation, since the dealer told you the have to replace the whole thing I doubt you can escape that, I'd buy an extended warranty for half the price the dealer is charging you, even if its for a year or so. Of course, you'll have to make sure the plan include the electrical system, etc... That is just what I'd do of course!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're willing to try the aftermarket route and save plenty of money, go with a double-DIN template with A/C controls and a double-DIN size stereo unit. If you do the work yourself or have someone you know help you do it, you'll save time, money and the hassle of bringing your car to the dealer.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Search on this one. I believe it requires a simple circuit board replacement. If that doesn't pan out, search ebay for parts from junked G35's. Also there are probably some junk yards nationally that specialize in nissan/infiniti, google search and get it done. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Same thing has happened, is happening to me. So far, all I've needed to do is stop the car for a short while and it eventually just goes back to normal. I'm sure soon I will need to replace something.

I'm still sort of researching the issue when I have time.

Good luck

Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
initial thought was of course fuse - but you said you checked it... Is there any chance it could be a loose wire or something disconnected behind the unit?... I am definitely not well versed in stereo installation so really wouldn’t know where to look or how to get at it - but if it were my car I'd take it to someone that knows electrical and have then check it out.

3K is ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Example of how the "Search" button works

It looks to be the Radio (radio finisher circuit board).

Look at post #7 on this thread
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=controls

and post #12 on this one
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=controls

I'm going to see if I can find the entire circuit board and replace it myself or find a used one or DD conversion.

Trending Topics

Old 08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I recently got into my 03 G35 sedan today and the exact same problem you just mentioned happened to me, all centre controls went out and the ac was stuck on high then i noticed that my compass was going crazy as soon as i pressed the little compass button to turn it off all lights came back on and everything is working fine ..............so i suggest to try it out and hopefully you will have the same luck as me

Last edited by FINFIN1987; 08-20-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Problem fixed!!

Hi everyone!!

It has been over a year and I got the problem solved. The problem was fixed by a mechanic that did some investigating on his own... it seems that there was a recall on a part in the center console. Infiniti ended up sending the part to the mechanic and the problem has now been resolved. Why the dealership service center did not know of this recall makes me a bit suspicious. I hope anyone else who is having this problem is now aware of the recall. Im thankful that I didnt have to pay 3 freakin K'... Two things that I learned from this ordeal:

1) Don't trust the dealership service center!!!

2) Always seek a second or third opinion.

Btw now that it's 2009 its pretty cool seeing this car evolve for the better every year.

Happy driving!

NL

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by nl1080
Hi everyone!!

It has been over a year and I got the problem solved. The problem was fixed by a mechanic that did some investigating on his own... it seems that there was a recall on a part in the center console. Infiniti ended up sending the part to the mechanic and the problem has now been resolved. Why the dealership service center did not know of this recall makes me a bit suspicious. I hope anyone else who is having this problem is now aware of the recall. Im thankful that I didnt have to pay 3 freakin K'... Two things that I learned from this ordeal:

1) Don't trust the dealership service center!!!

2) Always seek a second or third opinion.

Btw now that it's 2009 its pretty cool seeing this car evolve for the better every year.

Happy driving!

NL
which recall? I dont remember seeing a recall on the radio..
but i did fix my problem like yours by switching out the CD player.. (not the faceplate)

Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Search Infinitihelp.com

Theres a TSB for the replacement of this failed part.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
TSB for the radio/climate control board, but not recall.

This is the most common problem with the 2003-2004 G35s. There is a company that fixes the circuit board for like $250. IMO, its better to just go out and buy the Double Din conversion and then install an aftermarket radio. I just hate stock radios and the stereo is always the first thing I change.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I had a problem with my CD changer (CD FO ERR). I had a guy at a Radio Medics shop replace a chip on the radio/AC control PC board. What I'm trying to say is it's probably a problem with that circuit board and that you need to find someone who is knowledgeable to diagnose and repair. Good Luck!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So how to TSB's work? Do you still have to be within warranty coverage for a dealership to fix the issue at no cost to you? (I'm assuming that's how it works)

Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took out the Clarion HU and sent it to Clarion and they fixed it for 180$
I took it out myself and put her back in , very easy.., its been over a year
and no problem.

GBoy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem with my 03' G35 Sedan