G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Don't get hit by an uninsured driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Don't get hit by an uninsured driver

So I wrote about this incident couple of weeks ago. long story short the bitch that hit me had a insurance card that said she had insurance. Well after a long talk with her insurance AAA we find that the bitches policy is really no good and so their not going to cover the damage she did
AAA said that she may have another policy with them but since she gave the officer the discontinued policy they don't have to pay zhit! they also said that if she did have another policy they couln't tell us because that is confidential The police really aren't goona do zhit and this bitch live in San Fransisco about 6 hours from me.So I guess what I'm saying is when you do get hit (and you will) even if the officer is taking down all the info. make sure that you get the persons name address and phone number. RThis bitch basically scammed us , the cop and the insurance co. I do have unisured motorist insurance but noww I will have to pay the deductable and I'm sure my rates will go up too!! I may just pay out of pocket to avoid that zhit. I'm guessin my damage is between $500-$1000 Well I might just try to track that bitch down and give her the one two

Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 AM
I feel your pain, I was rear ended back in 2000 by an uninsured driver. (He didn't have brakes and was using his e-brake instead.) Anyway, hope things work out for you.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn..that sux bro. best of luck on getting it fixed and tracking the person who hit you.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 AM
where in the world do you live? i'm a cop and when i get called to an accident i verify insurance (all i have to do is run the tags and it gives me the insurance, registration info,etc... on file at DMV) and then give each driver a copy of the others info (this info includes name, address, contact numbers, insurance company, policy number, etc...). if one of the parties insurance has lapsed or they don't have insurance i cite that driver and note it in my report.

if you're a driver and the other driver doesn't have insurance and are at fault for the accident then you have to take them to court if they don't agree to pay for the damages they caused to your car. this is an easy case to win since the police report indicates who was at fault. sounds like you live in a ****ty state with ****ty practices when it comes to accidents, etc... it's not up to the police to regulate or do something about people not having insurance. all we can do is cite/arrest them but we can't make them pay for your damages. it's referred to as a "civil matter" that you have to settle in court... if it isn't common practice in your state for the police to verify insurance and then give each party a copy of the others info then your state's system needs a complete overhaul...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Premier Member

1) Your insurance shouldn't go up
2) You can legally sue here for damages
3) I think the police can give her a ticket for no insurance or invalid insurance.
4) talk to a lawyer...he will get all the things done and you don't have to worry about a thing...He will deliver the notice and go to court.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah dont worry about your rates going up, they won't. I've been in TONS of accidents, NONE my fault, and my rates NEVER went up. If they aren't insured, yes you will have to pay deductible but once insurance has collected for the damages from the person at fault, they'll give you your deductible back.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
find the biCh-=] Get the fellaz together, suit them up nice and pay a visit=]

Old 08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're this pissed off about this girl hitting you, why are you just giving up and letting her get away with "scamming you, the cop and the insurance company". If you don't feel like dealing with it, then talk to your insurance company and ask what happens if you submit a claim. I'd be willing to bet that they go after her themselves. Why would they pay when they can get her to? This is what our tort system is designed for.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
You insurance should cover it and they will go after her for the damages. That's just strange that you have to pay out of pocket. If anything I would go and pay that skeeza a visit and get the correct information and tell her straight like it is. I'd rather drive the 6 hours than be paying out of my pocket. I'd make her call the claim in right in front of me and confirm it with the agent on the spot.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't go out-of-pocket. Go through insurance. They will go after her for the money....Your rates shouldn't go up if it wasn't your fault....good luck.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
this is all wrong dude. they are just taking you for a ride.

Call your insurance company tell them what's going on and tell them that now you going to have to file a claim with them. Or actually call your agent. Cuz he or she is the one that made good commission off of your a$$ so they are responsible to keep you happy.
They will not be too exited to pay out of their pocket so they will get the info from that bitches insurance. And there might not be a deductible. Check your policy very careful. Cuz most of the time there is no deductible for uninsured motorist.

Deff contact your agent. They have more power then you. They will find her if she has a policy. And that's fvcking BS that they cant give up her info. You already have her info they are responsible for the damages if she is the one that caused it.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I Agree Her Insurance Company Should Give You The Information ..

Have Your Lawyer Call In For You ..

I Bet Theyl Give Up The Policy Number Right Quick ..

Old 08-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Damn, am I the only that actually carries uninsured motorist coverage or is such a thing not offered by your insurance companies? I'd never own a car without uninsured motorist coverage. If you can't get it with your carrier, find one that does. You've got about a 1 in 4 chance of being hit by an uninsured motorist.

It is not a cop's job to confirm that the insurance is up to date or even legit. It's their job to make sure everyone is okay, assess the situation, issue tickets if necessary, and fill out a report.

As for your insurance carrier covering this stuff, fat chance that will happen. If you don't carry the right coverage, they don't have to lift a finger. You can be damn certain they're not going to help you out when it's not your fault and the other driver doesnt' have insurance.

You can take the other driver to court, but getting them to show up will be nearly impossible and if they do show and you win, the chances of them paying are about nill. The system works in their favor. I've had friends that have had similiar problems with uninsured motorists. For $3000-5000 worth of damages, the defendant gets their wages garnished over a very long time period, so you end up getting $20 checks for years......if they pay.

About 8 years ago, my wife was hit by a drunk driver. Her car was totaled and luckily she had very minimal injuries. The driver was able to show proof of insurance, but when it came to filling the claim, it turned out his insurance had lapsed. Since we had uninsured motorist coverage, State Farm gave us a check for our car after we paid them our collison debuctable of $500 and paid for a couple doctors visits she needed. State Farm then took the guy to court. After 3 years, yes 3 years, State Farm had gotten their money for the car and they sent us back our $500 deductible.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB

It is not a cop's job to confirm that the insurance is up to date or even legit. It's their job to make sure everyone is okay, assess the situation, issue tickets if necessary, and fill out a report.

I'm not sure about your state but here you are required to have insurance and it IS the cop's job to confirm their insurance.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sue her a$$!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don't get hit by an uninsured driver