G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Please Help me Out Guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help me Out Guys

Hey guys, I have a really hard decision to make.

What should I get, a new 2003 Lexus GS 300 or a new 2003 Infiniti G35?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated guys. Later.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Re: Please Help me Out Guys

are you asking this same question in the lexus forum? i'm sure you'll get very different opinions from both..
it'll be hard trying to get a purely unbiased opinion from the specific vehicle forums.. so i'd just ask about the good and the bad from the cars.. mainly the bad.. and see how they compare.. but don't ask what we think you should get.. cuz i'd say definitely the G.. even though the G and the GS300 are in different classes altogether.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-14-2003, 12:16 AM

Infiiniti leans more towards the sports performace where the GS is more cushy. Thats the feelling I got after driving the GS 300 anyways... I suggest driving both and see which one you like best. You will noticed a difference in the way they drive and perform. Then you can choose the one you like best

Old 02-14-2003, 12:59 AM

I would go with the g35 if your going to get a gs300... if you were going to get a gs400.. differnet story.. I myself like speed and acceleration.. it all depend son what you like.. i would definetly go test drive though... good luck

..pestilence..

Old 02-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod

I have a GS 300 and a G35 in my house. I personally thinks that the G35 has way more power than the GS. THe G has a stiffer ride if you get the sports suspension. THe GS is very comfortable. At top end, the GS 300 has very little pull. Feels very slow. Get the GS430 if you are going to get a GS. If not, get the G35, its cheaper and better!

Old 02-14-2003, 09:00 AM

I may be cheap, cauz I always think Toyota/Lexus's products are overpriced relatively to other Japanese cars, they are good cars but I hate to deal with those long list of options, also Toyoto's cars look so boring to me except SC430.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter

Old 02-14-2003, 10:20 AM
IQ9

The GS series is due for a make over soon so if you are going to buy at least wait for the new body style. The Infiniti has a big power jump but if that is not what you are looking for and luxury is then go for the Lex. I would hate to have to merge onto traffic is the Lex though.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 02-14-2003, 11:20 AM

I agree with Kong, different forums will give you different advice. Anyway, here's mine; decide what you want in a car (performance, interior room, mileage, etc....) and figure out how much you want to pay. Then look at edmunds.com, kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book) and others for reviews and ratings. Once you've narrowed down your choices, test drive them as much as you can. If you are down to 2 choices and really can't decide, then check specific forums for owners opinions.
If this is why you asked your original question, then do a search for complaint and find out what we G drivers don't like about our wonderful cars.
Good luck on your quest!

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 02-14-2003, 11:40 AM

I think you've got one basic question....

Performance or Luxury?
G35 or GS300?

Good luck.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 02-14-2003, 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I also have this one question, on my MDX and X5, whenever i hit the gas hard, they both really make loud noises. Will that happen on a G35 or a GS300 as well, if I want to take off really fast? It's a really annoying sound. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-14-2003, 04:21 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I also have this one question, on my MDX and X5, whenever i hit the gas hard, they both really make loud noises. Will that happen on a G35 or a GS300 as well, if I want to take off really fast.

<hr></blockquote>

What exactly are you talking about? The exhaust? Yes .. the G makes a wonderful noise when you hit the gas ...

Old 02-14-2003, 06:07 PM

From what I hear (never tried it myself, of course [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]), if you turn off the traction control and hit the gas, the the annoying sound you hear will be the tires fighting for grip. [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 02-16-2003, 01:29 PM

I agree with "Tre5". Look at the "complaints" first. You'll find a lot of nice things about both cars, but the things that annoy people tend to stand out. For example I knew that my previous "Acura" had an awesome reputation for reliability so I didn't bother to check a lot, yet, after I bought it, I found out that they have SERIOUS problems with their transmissions (who would have believed that ?). Having known that, I definitely would have thought twice before bying it.

Good luck and I hope you choose the G35 !

Old 02-16-2003, 07:18 PM

Acura? I sat in my co-workers acura tl type s yesterday and i was not at all impressed... the interior seemed so empty.. missing somthing..

..pestilence..

Old 02-16-2003, 07:29 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Thanks a lot guys. I also have this one question, on my MDX and X5, whenever i hit the gas hard, they both really make loud noises. Will that happen on a G35 or a GS300 as well, if I want to take off really fast? It's a really annoying sound. Any input would be appreciated.

<hr></blockquote>
No, nothing to be worried baout. If you get a G35 you will be happy! The engine is totally quiet after you stepn on it. It gets quiter as it revs!!! The first and only engine to do so.

Troll bait anyone?

I'll just be sarcastic right back.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please Help me Out Guys