G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I saw a 03-04 sedan with a dual exhaust in Florida!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:16 PM
true duals for his turbos (o o) not this (oo )

Last edited by fronypony; 12-19-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2007 | 12:59 PM
that's what I figured just wondered how he was going to get around the gas tank obstructions that everyone talks about.

Would be nice too if they made a kit for two tail pipes to go with the coupe mid pipe

Old 12-19-2007 | 01:39 PM
i think he's planning on moving the fuel evap system to a new location. if this is done, the fuel tank and spare tire well will not be an issue. this is the only option if you want the tip to match the location of the other side. you can fit a pipe between the spare tire well and the evap system w/o moving anything, but the tip will come out closer to the center of the bumper as opposed to closer to the right side of the bumper. therefore you would have to move the left tip closer to the center to make the rear symetrical. either way you still have to make a custom bumper for the 2 tips. this is what i am waiting to see.

Old 12-19-2007 | 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by 68_GT
Would be nice too if they made a kit for two tail pipes to go with the coupe mid pipe
i agree, but even the coupe is not true dual. if i am gonna do this mod i would run 2 pipes from the front to the back FO SHO!

Old 12-19-2007 | 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by fronypony
but the tip will come out closer to the center of the bumper as opposed to closer to the right side of the bumper. therefore you would have to move the left tip closer to the center to make the rear symetrical.
what would the location of the tips be if the pipe ran between the evaporator stuff ? How difficult is it to relocate that stuff ?

man I just want to put on a coupe muffler and call it a day. I like the exit location of the coupe tips. I have to get up under the rear of my car when I have some time and figure out what's going on under there.

Old 12-19-2007 | 02:43 PM
well, the stock coupe muffler tips are 32 inches on center. if you put that up against the bumper, that puts the tip location right between the spare tire well and the evap. and there is plenty of room on the left side, so no issue there. i have been under my car a few times playing around witht this stuff. the next obstacle is the spare tire well, if you want to run coupe style muffler. if you cut out the spare tire well the pipe between the coupe muffler that connects to the tip should fit right next to the evap. from there the pipes like on the stillen true dual for coupes should fit over/under the sway bar. from what i gathered about the evap..its nothing fancy, a box or filter just captures the extra gas fumes. the problem is there is really no where to relocate it while using the existing tubing. unless you extended the length, and ran it up front somewhere. thats where they used to put it on older cars. and then the bumper thing, you can't really modify (cut/mold) the stock polyurethane or abs plastic bumper. this is where i am stuck...the bumper

Old 12-20-2007 | 12:09 PM
well, the stock coupe muffler tips are 32 inches on center. if you put that up against the bumper, that puts the tip location right between the spare tire well and the evap. and there is plenty of room on the left side, so no issue there. i have been under my car a few times playing around witht this stuff. the next obstacle is the spare tire well, if you want to run coupe style muffler. if you cut out the spare tire well the pipe between the coupe muffler that connects to the tip should fit right next to the evap. from there the pipes like on the stillen true dual for coupes should fit over/under the sway bar. from what i gathered about the evap..its nothing fancy, a box or filter just captures the extra gas fumes. the problem is there is really no where to relocate it while using the existing tubing. unless you extended the length, and ran it up front somewhere. thats where they used to put it on older cars. and then the bumper thing, you can't really modify (cut/mold) the stock polyurethane or abs plastic bumper. this is where i am stuck...the bumper
Why not draw the lines on the rear bumper where to cut the polyurethane and dremel it out then carefully sand the cut line smooth ?

Old 12-20-2007 | 01:34 PM
yea, my body guy and i thought about that too, only problem is filling in the existing hole/cutout for the stock sedan muffler tip. as far as we know there is no material to us for this, fiberglass/body filler will not work. he has done something similar on a dodge magnum and dodge makes polyurethane cutouts that bolt onto the existing bumper, so maybe could modify those, but what about the existing whole?

Old 12-20-2007 | 03:50 PM
but what about the existing whole?
cut one just like it on the other side and then cut out everything in between.

I need to look at it

Old 12-20-2007 | 04:52 PM
O i see where your going. so pretty much all the lower black plastic would be cut off? don't know if that would look good squared off. i think you need the curvature of the exhaust tip cutout like on the coupes. also if you did this you would probably have to cut out the spare tire well and mount a nice muffler like the stillen style one cause you would be able to see alot of it with 3-4 inches gone off the bottom of the bumper. its a thought tho.

Old 12-20-2007 | 05:30 PM
sounding like a hack job now

not that much plastic off just enough to eliminate the cut out for the factory tips then cut outs for the new tips.

wish I could weld !

Old 12-20-2007 | 05:44 PM
yea man your right, i just looked at it. this might work. just have to cut a nice straight line across the bottom.

Old 12-21-2007 | 11:16 PM
some one do it and give ideas already, If this doesnt workout ima do truedual bORLA. please work =[]

Old 01-03-2008 | 01:53 AM
Bumpin it back to top. ANY good news guys?

Old 01-03-2008 | 02:35 AM
Here's my contribution to this thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I saw a 03-04 sedan with a dual exhaust in Florida!