G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Pics of no air bags

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of no air bags

Here are pics of car after a 50 mphT-bone acident. Phoned Infiniti Canada, about no air bags deployed, but they do not care! Said too bad, if your insurance company has problem they should contact them? Local dealer said they want information on accidents so they can void the warrenty, & said they care about making money not customer service. He is looking into but obviously would still not do anything?

Can't load 370 kb pic?

Old 02-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Pics of no air bags

Make sure you size them under 100k, otherwise you won't be able to upload them.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Re: Pics of no air bags *DELETED*

Post deleted by Calgary_G

Old 02-25-2004, 08:10 PM

You can download this small program http://www.irfanview.com/ Open the picture using Irfanview, use the image menu, resize image to 800X600 or smaller and save as different name. When you save click on options button in the save window and set to about 70, that should get your image below 100K for posting here. I have used this program for a couple years, it is my default viewer. Use it with confidence.

Old 02-25-2004, 08:10 PM

Well like all good manufactures they are great when you buy a car but when you need service forget it!!! Have you ever noticed that there is contact email except for the webmaster on infiniti.ca??? So you can phone them as I did to ask about no deployment of air bags and it only took me 15 -20 minutes to get threw, and then all they did was ask me all the details of the accident and then went to say "bye" and I said I called for a reason...the bags did not deploy, I thought this car was safe? Her answer was "I am not a technician so I can not help you, and if your insurance company has any concerns about this they can reference the number I gave you and call us"?????? So I asked is there another number you can give me so they do not have to wait on hold for 20 minutes....answer no, just one central number.

The dealership said he understands my concern about them not opening but he will not do or say anything that will get them implicated. All I can say is they are very helpful when they are taking your money, but do not accept any customer service from the manufacture after that...just like the insurance companies. Oh ya I forgot to mention when I told my dealer all the information this lady Hariet asked me and then offered no service at the end of her questions he informed me that her inquiries are so that they can decline warranty work because of the damage. He said they are motivated purely by money, where we dealers do want to provide customer service. Hope you do not have to deal with Infiniti directly on your cars!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2004, 08:29 PM

You did not describe the details of your accident ... For the airbags not to deploy I would guess that they ran into your passenger side with only a driver in the car. If that was the case ... there was no reason for the airbags to deploy.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It'll only load 100kb or smaller pics. You can shrink them pretty easily, or you can host them elsewhere and just link to them from here-- that way it can be any size you want.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-25-2004, 09:07 PM

I agree 2003blueG35 A truck lost control in front of me when he hit a patch of ice. I T-boned stright into his front tire driver door, and my roof buckled in half, my driver fender ripped apart. My front doors would not open because the whole front end pushed in. Stay tuned I am still trying to load a pic & then give me your comments please. Thank you

Old 02-25-2004, 10:22 PM

Here you go

196312-car 2low.jpg

Old 02-25-2004, 10:28 PM

196315-car 1.JPG

Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 PM

196316-car 3.JPG

Old 02-25-2004, 10:33 PM

Calgary_G,

If I'm seeing this correctly, it MAY be that they did not deploy because there was no impact to the front bumper, where I believe the airbag sensors are located. However, I agree that if someone is in the car, regardless of which side of the front the car is hit on, the airbags should deploy. Especially at the speed you describe.

Of course, not being intimately familiar with the design of the G35, I cannot say for sure.

As for the #($% poor customer service you describe by Infiniti Canada AND your dealer, I really do not know what to say. It is not unusual for manufacturers to deny warranty after a serious accident. That is why it is best for you to make sure your insurance or the other person's insurance covers you on this. However, I DO think that this type of attitude stinks.

Document everything you do, with a detailed timeline of all contacts, statements, repairs, etc. so you will have something to fall back on if it gets to a legal concern. I would also try to contact someone higher up in Infiniti through other avenues. Contact the Infiniti Canada headquarters, by both phone and letter (through an attorney?), Infiniti North America, or Infiniti Japan (don't know how much luck you will have there). Be ready to provide all documentation at any stage.

Especially, keep track of the repairs as the warranty, IMO, should still remain on those items that were not damaged/repaired. Of course, all repairs should have SOME warranty.

Hope this helps and I wish you luck. Please keep us updated.

Scott

Old 02-26-2004, 08:06 AM

Calgary G - I haven't seen any other details of the accident - are you OK? If you are hurt this should be pursued - if you are not then perhaps the airbags are smarter than you think!

Old 02-26-2004, 11:02 AM

Airbags, deploying in excess of 200mph mind you, in some cases have been shown to cause more damage than they would have prevented. The safety engineers walk that very thin line every time they design a car's safety systems.

If you sustained injuries that you believe would have been prevented had the airbag deployed, then pursue it. If not, you can either assume your car was functioning properly and be done with it, or contact Infiniti Safety Division to determine if there was a malfunction of some kind (or not).

Based on my time as a paramedic, and from looking at the photos of the damage of your car, I would not be surprised to come upon this vehicle and see the airbags deployed, or not deployed. I've seen collsions where more damage has occured with no deployment, as well as less damage with deployment.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 02-26-2004, 05:30 PM

Shader7 you are right. I am injured with a bleeding kidney (doc thinks because of seat belt) but also severe whiplash, that I think the air bags would have helped in. Anyway Infiniti would not comment at all. I tried US, Canada, Nissan, and everyone is told not to comment on anything like this. It was 100% the other guys fault, so I will be compensated and my vehicle repaired, but when I pay this kind of money safety is important, and now I am concerned, because there have been some replies from a few people who have heard this before. A truck lost control in front of me and I T-boned him while I was travelling 50 mph.
I am not going to chase Infiniti for my injury claim of whatever because it is not worth my time, but be aware. Again maybe injuries would have been worse with deployment, but then why have them at all?
Damage is about $8000.00. Thought it would be more? Thanks and safe driving. PS You can see with this why I am not crying too much for people who have had their bumpers scratch Mine 4 months old 4000 miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of no air bags