G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Losing My Mind With The Rear End Creaking

Old 11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing My Mind With The Rear End Creaking

I have an '03 4Dr with about 70,000 miles. Several weeks ago I started to hear some significant creaking coming from the rear of the car. It does not do it when I am on a flat, well paved road, but when I am on any sort of uneven surface or bad roads the rattling gets out of control.

At first I thought it was the suspension, but I took the car to Infiniti and they told me that everything checks out and that there is nothing wrong. The sounds continue and I don't know what to do because the constant rattling is driving me out of my mind. I am starting to think that maybe it is the frame flexing, maybe something with the rear windshield?????

I don't know a whole lot about cars so if anyone could maybe begin to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I know that there are a lot of postings on here about squeeking/rattling/creaking, but maybe there is a general problem that a lot of people experience that I am not picking up on.

Thanks!!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
My creeking was due to the rear stabalizer links.

Maybe your brake dust shields?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
At 18750 miles I had the connecting rods on rear sway bar end links replaced – it was a known problem so Nissan starting making beefier ones, they replaced mine with the new version. My sound was more of a clunk that creak… However, I had annoying creak in the front, which was the compression rods, they were replaced at 33746 – front and rear were both replaced under warranty.

The pre-07 sedans have a lot of creaking in general – just flex… the 07 is substantially more solid! Not sure if any of this addresses your problem, but could help.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^Did you have the Stillen sways on when your rear end links were replaced under warranty?

I need mine replaced BAD right now, but I'm just wondering how the dealer will react when I bring my car in. I'm still under warranty but I have Stillen sways on also right now. Normally I wouldn't trip but the sways are directly connected to the end links...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
For the rear-end creak you might want to try a nice, cheap shot of white lithum in the bushings that support the anti-sway bar. I haven't done this to the G yet but it worked like a champ on my SHO.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you search? There are several things it could be. My rear creaking was the rear cross brace behind the rear seats...the bolts were loose! I posted info. about it a while ago as well.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by bert039
^^Did you have the Stillen sways on when your rear end links were replaced under warranty?

I need mine replaced BAD right now, but I'm just wondering how the dealer will react when I bring my car in. I'm still under warranty but I have Stillen sways on also right now. Normally I wouldn't trip but the sways are directly connected to the end links...
Yes I did… but the dealer I go to is very mod friendly… besides, it’s a known problem to them – it had occurred on many OEM sway bars… to the extend that they started using beefier ones. If they refuse to replace do to your sways, either re-install the OEMs or simply ask them why Nissan went with the beefier ones if the ones you have are fine

Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by harrisot
For the rear-end creak you might want to try a nice, cheap shot of white lithum in the bushings that support the anti-sway bar. I haven't done this to the G yet but it worked like a champ on my SHO.
I greased the **** out of mine thinking that's what was creaking... noise was still there... it was the compression rods for me. (this was the front though not rear)...

Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 AM
workin...

yeah i had issues with the compression rods. there's a new design available that is supposed to resolve the problem. 6-7k miles and i haven't had any issues

Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Had the same problem with my 2005 sedan until this past weekend. After some research I stumbled on a fix that is so simple you would think the engineers at Infiniti would have better designed the fastners for what we pay for our cars. The problem was fixed for me by removing the the rear seats and tighting a total of 8 bolts. My digital camera is not working so i'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Procedure:
1. Remove the rear lower and upper seat cushions. Lower seat cushions have one tab on each side under the front of the seat that you pull to release the seat. Do this for both sides before you pull the entire lower cushion out.
2. Remove the upper cushions by using a 14mm socket on the 2 bolts that are located on the left and right side of each upper seat cushion. Once those bolts are removed you need to push up on the seat from the bottom to release it from the tabs that are holding the seat down on top. Don't worry about removing the seat belts just lay the seat down in the car it will stretch with no problem.
3. Next you need to remove the insulation that is directly behind the upper seat cushions so you can acsess the metal brace. This is held in place by tabs that slide through the insulation. Be careful when removing this because it tears very easy. Once you get the insulation removed you will see the metal X brace.
4.Using a 10mm socket tighten the bolts that are on the brace. There are two up top, one down on the bottm left, and one down in the center behind where the arm rest is. You will need to remove the arm rest to acsess the other two bolts by using a (if I remember) an 18mm socket to remove the bolts from the side of the arm rest. There is one bolt per side on the arm rest.

Hopefully, this solves the problem as it did for me. Two of the bolts were so loose I could unscrew them by hand. The other bolts felt somewhat tight but I went ahead and torqued them a little more (don't over do it) so I wouldn't have to pull the seats out again to tighten all the rest of them.

Keith 2

Last edited by Keith2; 11-27-2007 at 07:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Keith2:
faiz23 (11-22-2015), Target350z (04-05-2017)
Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^Nice write up.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^ Thank You

Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Keith2
Had the same problem with my 2005 sedan until this past weekend. After some research I stumbled on a fix that is so simple you would think the engineers at Infiniti would have better designed the fastners for what we pay for our cars. The problem was fixed for me by removing the the rear seats and tighting a total of 8 bolts. My digital camera is not working so i'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Procedure:
1. Remove the rear lower and upper seat cushions. Lower seat cushions have one tab on each side under the front of the seat that you pull to release the seat. Do this for both sides before you pull the entire lower cushion out.
2. Remove the upper cushions by using a 14mm socket on the 2 bolts that are located on the left and right side of each upper seat cushion. Once those bolts are removed you need to push up on the seat from the bottom to release it from the tabs that are holding the seat down on top. Don't worry about removing the seat belts just lay the seat down in the car it will stretch with no problem.
3. Next you need to remove the insulation that is directly behind the upper seat cushions so you can acsess the metal brace. This is held in place by tabs that slide through the insulation. Be careful when removing this because it tears very easy. Once you get the insulation removed you will see the metal X brace.
4.Using a 10mm socket tighten the bolts that are on the brace. There are two up top, one down on the bottm left, and one down in the center behind where the arm rest is. You will need to remove the arm rest to acsess the other two bolts by using a (if I remember) an 18mm socket to remove the bolts from the side of the arm rest. There is one bolt per side on the arm rest.

Hopefully, this solves the problem as it did for me. Two of the bolts were so loose I could unscrew them by hand. The other bolts felt somewhat tight but I went ahead and torqued them a little more (don't over do it) so I wouldn't have to pull the seats out again to tighten all the rest of them.

Keith 2
This has got to be it. I have done some research and several people have mentioned this as being a fix. Has anyone posted any pictures that would show the seats being taken off?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:24 PM
The creaking on my car came from the rear axles. This is a common problem on the G. The connecting joints from the axle to the rear end need to be lubed. The dealer did mine and I was lowered with some sways. This is a drivetrain issue so the warranty wasn't voided.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 467 Likes on 227 Posts
this is good...My G is also doing the creaking sound...Thanks for the write up Keith...ill give this a try..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Losing My Mind With The Rear End Creaking