G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Losing My Mind With The Rear End Creaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith2
Had the same problem with my 2005 sedan until this past weekend. After some research I stumbled on a fix that is so simple you would think the engineers at Infiniti would have better designed the fastners for what we pay for our cars. The problem was fixed for me by removing the the rear seats and tighting a total of 8 bolts. My digital camera is not working so i'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Procedure:
1. Remove the rear lower and upper seat cushions. Lower seat cushions have one tab on each side under the front of the seat that you pull to release the seat. Do this for both sides before you pull the entire lower cushion out.
2. Remove the upper cushions by using a 14mm socket on the 2 bolts that are located on the left and right side of each upper seat cushion. Once those bolts are removed you need to push up on the seat from the bottom to release it from the tabs that are holding the seat down on top. Don't worry about removing the seat belts just lay the seat down in the car it will stretch with no problem.
3. Next you need to remove the insulation that is directly behind the upper seat cushions so you can acsess the metal brace. This is held in place by tabs that slide through the insulation. Be careful when removing this because it tears very easy. Once you get the insulation removed you will see the metal X brace.
4.Using a 10mm socket tighten the bolts that are on the brace. There are two up top, one down on the bottm left, and one down in the center behind where the arm rest is. You will need to remove the arm rest to acsess the other two bolts by using a (if I remember) an 18mm socket to remove the bolts from the side of the arm rest. There is one bolt per side on the arm rest.

Hopefully, this solves the problem as it did for me. Two of the bolts were so loose I could unscrew them by hand. The other bolts felt somewhat tight but I went ahead and torqued them a little more (don't over do it) so I wouldn't have to pull the seats out again to tighten all the rest of them.

Keith 2
Just did this and will report back after a test drive

Edit: This made a big difference and helped get rid of the noise in the back. I still have some noise from the dash that I will have to try to pin point. Thanks for your write up.

Show more

Last edited by faiz23; 11-21-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this extremely annoying squeak/creak for several weeks from the rear end. my GF didnt think much of it, i even ended up sitting in my trunk while someone drove my car so i could try to pinpoint. In the end it was the stupidest thing ever.

The muffler in the back was rubbing on the plastic rear bumper. Only periodically but it had been moved out a little so that it made the SLIGHTEST contact and would squeak whenever there was enough force to move the muffler even a little. Literally drove me insane, i found it and ended up cutting about 5mm of my bumper on the inside to make a little notch for my muffler and the sound has not been back since.