G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys...so this seems like a stupid question, but it doesn't seem like many people have done it: can you use an aftermarket G-coupe midpipe on the G35X?

If so, what's available? I hate waiting and don't mind paying a few extra bucks (preferably not $300 for a coupe midpipe from the dealer though!).

Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Abax84
Ive read a lot of the exhaust post's and everyone seems to want something different from their setup, which is good. Personally I want mine to sound like a coupe, just louder. Anyone have something they would say sounds like the coupe? Ive got a Z-tube, HR Y-pipe, Magnaflow mid-pipe, and stock 05 muffler. Its close but too deep. Other than hacking up the rear for the dual setup, has anyone accomplished the coupe sound?
yo abax.. i think i was able to accomplish the coupe sound..
before it really didnt sound too much of the coupe, but i placed my silencer in my exhaust and now... it sound alot like the coupe..
i'll try to post up a video of the exhaust this weekend when i go visit my parents home.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35Sedan
Thanks for the responses guys...so this seems like a stupid question, but it doesn't seem like many people have done it: can you use an aftermarket G-coupe midpipe on the G35X?

If so, what's available? I hate waiting and don't mind paying a few extra bucks (preferably not $300 for a coupe midpipe from the dealer though!).
I just installed a coupe midpipe with a 1/2" plenum spacer and short ram intake with K&N cone . Here's a quick video!:

I didn't notice a difference of sound from the inside, but after taking it on the highway...the sound is great. Still has the "tuned" g35 sound, and with plenum spacer installed the same day...I noticed big gains between 5400-6000rpm! I plan to dyno it.

I was lucky to get a coupe midpipe off my friend/neighbor after he upgraded his coupe's exhaust. I'm sure you can post in your local area, a thread wanting to buy one, or just keep an eye out on craigslist. I haven't checked junk yards. Also, I plan to dyno my G35x after I get a new muffler (found out I have a hole from pushing it hard I guess )

Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
My dual exhaust custom built by SS Motorsports in Simi Valley, they did a wonderful job, it is a magneflow muffler in the center with a single inlet to a dual outlet and then dual chrome tips on each side. It sounds deep on the low RPM and then gets more race sounding in the higher RPM. I really like it because once you get to your cruising speed it quiets down so it's not overly annoying when your just cruising. Unfortunately I can't get a sound clip right now but will try to soon.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0152.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0153.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0154.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0155.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0156.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saskicker32
My dual exhaust custom built by SS Motorsports in Simi Valley, they did a wonderful job, it is a magneflow muffler in the center with a single inlet to a dual outlet and then dual chrome tips on each side. It sounds deep on the low RPM and then gets more race sounding in the higher RPM. I really like it because once you get to your cruising speed it quiets down so it's not overly annoying when your just cruising. Unfortunately I can't get a sound clip right now but will try to soon.
Ummm, that looks freeekin incredible man. One of the best executed duals on a sedan I've seen. I need more pictures from underneath if you have any and a sound clip would be awsome!!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Ya i will definately try to get that sound clip ASAP, and i could get some pics underneath if i head to the shop today.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be great! What kind of tips did you use?

Old 04-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I actually can't give you the name right now, again i'll try to get that from the shop later today, i got this done like a month ago and i think he said they stopped making them (i just picked out of all the books he gave me haha) he just did another G35 like this except with porsche like tips, I liked mine better

Old 04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Here are the underside pics, once again i forgot to grab the name of the tips (sorry), and the one picture is of where i put the EVAP can, it's on the right side of my trunk. SS built a cover for it so you can't see it. I didn't put it in my spare well because I'm dropping two 12" subs in there

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0169.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0170.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0172.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0173.jpg   Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation-img_0176.jpg  

Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Here are the underside pics, once again i forgot to grab the name of the tips (sorry), and the one picture is of where i put the EVAP can, it's on the right side of my trunk. SS built a cover for it so you can't see it. I didn't put it in my spare well because I'm dropping two 12" subs in there
I think I'm the only one that did a dual setup and kept the evap under the car. Everyone seems to have put it in the trunk.

Your quad tips fill the gap in the rear valence much better than my singles for sure. It makes it look more stock and meant to be there, my singles look kinda off. The thing is, when you cut out the right side valence to match the left, the left was made for the dual tips, so putting singles looks weird sorta haha. If I get a different rear bumper made for singles down the road, that will help it. Ah well, I love the sound, that's the biggest thing for me lol.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^dude, just do flat oval tips

Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
saskicker, I love your setup! Your shop did a great job. In for sound clips!!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
I think I'm the only one that did a dual setup and kept the evap under the car. Everyone seems to have put it in the trunk.

Your quad tips fill the gap in the rear valence much better than my singles for sure. It makes it look more stock and meant to be there, my singles look kinda off. The thing is, when you cut out the right side valence to match the left, the left was made for the dual tips, so putting singles looks weird sorta haha. If I get a different rear bumper made for singles down the road, that will help it. Ah well, I love the sound, that's the biggest thing for me lol.
Did you just mount the evap box vertically and that's it? By how many ft did you have to extend the hoses. Also, how did you extend them?

I'd like to start this project before putting expanding foam in my quarter panels and do any sound deadening. I'd prefer not to move the evap box to the trunk since I'm wanting to maximize trunk space for my pair of 18" subs. Probably will put one of my extra batteries there as well.

Originally Posted by SDGenius
^dude, just do flat oval tips
Exactly what I wanna do. I'd LOVE to go with W219 tips.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sampyo
yo abax.. i think i was able to accomplish the coupe sound..
before it really didnt sound too much of the coupe, but i placed my silencer in my exhaust and now... it sound alot like the coupe..
i'll try to post up a video of the exhaust this weekend when i go visit my parents home.
Just a silencer? What do you mean by silencer and is the rest of the car stock. Id like to hear it, because as I am finding out everyones opinions of their exhaust tones vary..

Last edited by Abax84; 04-14-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
...must..... hear.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation