G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

AReddy22...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AReddy22...

I shopped Warren Henry, Scott, and Infiniti of the Palm Beaches. Let me know where you're dealing, I'll give you some advice.

Do you have a trade? More than anything else, this affects the deal big time.

What do you like about the Sports and Aero Packages? I considered these because I really wanted the spolier, but didn't want a firmer suspension...didn't really care to try the car at it's cornering limits. And you have to get the Sports Pkg ($425) in order to get the spoiler (Aero $550), for me that was $975 to get the spoiler... too much.

If you read the "Premium Pkg - Yes or No" thread, you'll see my reasons for not getting the prem pkg, and selecting a base w/leather, trunk mat as the only option. I just installed an aftermarket spoiler myself last night, $293... came out really good, and looks OEM. Got my G on the 6th, so I've had it 15 days now.

And with the Prem, Aero and Sports pkg's, the trunk mat and sunroof are almost certainly included as well, an MSRP of $34,440, invoice of $31,356. Check Carsdirect.com and option out a G to find the invoice and MSRP, that's how I got the numbers.

I work for a credit union and their car finder service was quoting MSRP less $1500, so you should be able to do better than that. I would target invoice plus 3% but may settle for invoice plus plus 5%.

Let me know your plans, you might rethink your options after I get through with you. I'm sure I can refer you to a decent salesman/dealership; one of my colleagues at work went to the dealer I suggested (2 days after I got my G) and she got about $1500 off MSRP. Problem is she got the same color, base w/leather as me, so my car was unique at work for one day only (hence the tint and spoiler install so soon).

But I'm rambling.... let me know what your plans are, I won't steer you wrong, (if I do, the mod's will probably shut me down).

'03 Infiniti G35
'02 Toyota Sequoia

Old 02-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: AReddy22...

Thank for the reply Chinee, I'll tell you what's going on.

I live in Miami, and I'm looking to buy a luxury leather Carribean Blue G35 with the graphite interior. I'm decided on getting the aero and sports package. I believe you must get the moonroof in order to get the aero package. A dealer quoted it to be about $32,400 or something. He said he could knock off $700 at the most, which is good, but I've heard much better deals over the internet from you guys. The dealer has about 60 G35 sedans in stock.

I do not have a trade, this is going to be my first car. I love the way the spoiler looks and I also love the silver dash that comes with the sports package. I like the premium package, but it is definitely too much for me.

In order for my dad to get this car, I gotta get a really good. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Chinee.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: AReddy22...

My take on the dealers in So. FL.:

South Infiniti: I've never been there so I can't comment on that dealership.

Warren Henry: I work with 4 other Infiniti owners, alll purchased in the last 6 months, and 3 of us have shopped Warren Henry and we all agree that this dealer is the pits. The customer service is substandard and they give you such a hard time to negotiate. None of us purchased there.

Scott Infiniti in Lighthouse Point: A little bit north for you but this dealer is top notch! This is where all my co-workers made their purchases. Great customer service and the Sales Mgr is a lady who's fair and is willing to negotiate to make a deal.

Infiniti of the Palm Beaches: probably too far for you but this is where I purchased; I would not recommend them. As I said in a previous post, I bought through my credit union's car buying service which had a partnership with this dealer. I'm a manager at the credit union so they had a vested interest in keeping me happy. I got my G for about $500 over invoice.

On the car you're looking at, sports, aero, moonroof and trunk mat comes to MSRP of $32,240, invoice $29,461... $700 off is nothing. They should give you at least $1500 off MSRP, in fact you shouldn't deal from sticker and negotiate down in price, but from invoice and go up. In the first scenario, it seems as though they're giving you a discount, something off the price, so it puts them in a position of favor, the good guys. If you bargain from invoice, the more they add on, the worse they look, like they're trying to stick it to you. Of course they will have a counter strategy so they won't look too bad....

If I were you I'd try really hard for invoice plus $800 to $1300 on this car. This gives the dealer an upfront profit as well as the holdback.

I'd try Scott if I were you; my coworker who bought the same car as me, 2 days after me, is still raving about her dealer experience, since her salesman is sending her cards, doing follow-up calls to make sure she's happy, and is even sending her to the dealer's tint guy so she could get her G tinted at the dealer's price, $110 (I just paid $189 for a premium tint job).

Like I said above, $700 off is nothing, at $31,540, he's still $2,079 over invoice. On this car target $30,261, that's $800 over invoice, and be prepared to give them maybe another $500, depending upon how greedy they are, or how badly you want the car. In my opinion, you should get a minimum of $1500 off of MSRP.

Damn, look at me ramble. You can tell car buying is a topic I've put a lot of thought into... after all, I only bought this month but was researching pricing and options since October/November.

Let me know how it goes.

chinee

'03 Infiniti G35, Desert Platinum
'02 Toyota Sequoia, Silver Sky Metallic<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by chinee on 02/22/03 09:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.