G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec

alfapwr,
First, I have to agree with you, the two times I called ICA, I was treated very nicely, and the lady who helped me, was pretty sharp, I couldn't believe I got the same gal both times! Second, has that Alfa kept you broke by nickel and diming you? I had a friend that had a similar one, and he was constantly spending money on it, soul huh?

I agree, RWD makes a huge difference, I have never owned FWD, driven them many times as rentals, and that's all I need to not buy one!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 03-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had issues with the salesperson at Bob Moore Infiniti. I was predisposed to actually buy G35 there, since I had test drove a new 2003, and an used 2003, there. He seemed nice enough, but it seemed like he would not call back when he said he would. I guess I'm a little harder to help, since I generally wanted options not on in stock cars (Navigation system, no sports package, auto).

The closest I came was an used one that they priced a little high (though I guess I could have negotiated, but it wasn't my color).

When I finally decided that I would buy, or order if required, I stopped once again. He said he would look for an available model from another dealershipt, and call back that day. He didn't. 2 weeks later, I ordered one from the other Oklahoma dealership.

Probably overspent, especially from prices I hear that some paid, but it confused me when they made an offer $1000 lower than I expected, and better than I thought I would be able to negotiate Especially for a 2004 with just the options I wanted.

The only option I'm would like to have, for the occasional snowy winter, is the all wheel drive. But I made it through 1 winter already not needing it.

2004 Sedan/DVD Navigation/Desert Platinum/Willow

Old 03-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd give the Infiniti another shot. It's more of a driver's car than the TL and the advantages of RWD over FWD are numerous. I ordered mine Aug, 03 and got it in Jan, 04 and it has been worth every day I waited!!

But, I'd be wary of that A spec - it's mainly eye candy - no real performance, so I doubt you'll be blowing the doors off the G any time soon - the 6MT's are close, with the nod going to the G bu a hair. Add the extra weight of the spoilers and ground effects and you'll be a bit slower.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:38 PM

I was trying to deal with Cutter Motors as well, but that place is crap. The best deal they were willing to give me was 1k over invoice on anything on the lot, and no deal on ordered cars. I live in Santa Barbara, and just made a 45 minute drive up to Team Infiniti in Oxnard, and they (by chance) had the exact car on the lot i wanted, and gave it to me for invoice and helped me work out the lowest payments on my lease. Also, if you go to infiniti.com and customize a car to your liking than search for a dealership within however far your willing to drive, you may find one already built and waiting for you to purchase. If you talk to the fleet sales manager, im sure you could even get it for a few $100 over invoice. Good luck!

2004 Sedan
Black/Willow
Premium w/ splash guards
Clear Corners, Z-tube

Old 03-22-2004, 08:30 AM

I used a leasing company (Apple Leasing, Austin) that works with many dealers in the Texas, LA, AR, NM area. I had my G-35 in 48 hours - at my door and at several thousand below invoice (Dec. 2003).

The Prisoner
------ We want information ...

2004 G35 Sedan AT w/ Premium, Leather, Wood, Sport & Michelin Pilot Sport A/S @ 235/50ZR17 on Stock Rims

Old 03-22-2004, 02:01 PM

Hey Number6,

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I noticed in yer signature that you have 235's Michelins on stock rims. Can you by any chance post a pic of how much the tire sticks out over the rim. I'm considering getting the same tires and concerned with looks.
Thanks a lot.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 03-22-2004, 04:34 PM

"But, I'd be wary of that A spec - it's mainly eye candy - no real performance, so I doubt you'll be blowing the doors off the G any time soon - the 6MT's are close, with the nod going to the G bu a hair. Add the extra weight of the spoilers and ground effects and you'll be a bit slower."

Not so my friend. There are significant performance advantages with A-SPEC. Here are the numbers from MT (I believe it was 4/04) comparison between the Acura TL and TL A-SPEC. They had nothing but good things to say...and minimal torque steer. Look at the improvement in the slalom mph, braking and skid pad!
2004 Acura TL / TL A- SPEC
0-60 mph, sec 6.0 / 5.7
1/4 mile 14.44 @ 98.17 / 14.25 @ 97.81
Braking, 60-0, f t 141 / 119
Slalom, mph 62.5 / 66.1
Skidpad, g 0.77 / 0.83

So I'll stick with the Acura TL with A-SPEC...

See you all around...and in my rear view mirror.

4DSC still waiting for my...2004/G35sedan/6MT/silver/graphite/premium/aero/bodykit

Old 03-22-2004, 04:49 PM

yeah, we'll be in your rearview, but only because we're weighed down by the $6500 in the trunk we saved and only slightly a car behind, wow. $6500 or 3-4 feet? hmmm

haha, j/k. tl is a nice car.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:55 PM

That I'll give you. But I got a great deal so it will only be the weight of $4500 in your pockets.
The G35 6MT is a great car as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have waited so long before I gave up.

4DSC tired of waiting for my...2004/G35sedan/6MT/silver/graphite/premium/aero/bodykit...bought an Acura TL with A-SPEC instead!

Old 03-22-2004, 04:57 PM

hahaha, yeah. good luck with ur new car. be safe

Old 03-22-2004, 06:10 PM

if you think an aerokit and some new wheels is going to shave 3/10 of a second on your 60, you must be crazy!

btw, i doubt you'll be able to see any G35 6MT's in your rearview mirror. Just pray that the road you are racing on is totally straight! Well you might have a chance against auto's if you don't miss shift or have torque steer.

either way the TL is a great car, but its a sedan that's sporty not a sports sedan. Just warning you before you get dusted.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:19 PM

I would have to agree, look at the skidpad and slalam numbers.
40k for that, no thankyou!!!

Old 03-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Premier Member

Different driver, different conditions make that difference. The A-Spec isn't much different over the normal one.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Isn't the TL lacking in TQ #'s? F-that. Honestly guys, if the TL were rear wheel drive, I would have gotten that. But all in all the g35 is the best bang for your buck sport sedan. Hands down. $ not an option, I would have gotten an M3 (damn I love that car)

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, Gram Light 57F Pro's (on the way), Hotchkis sways

Old 03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Premier Member

The TL is definitely slower off the line on a roll. The car has to build the power. The G35 can smoke the tires at idle rolling if stomped. The TL only can by slipping the clutch. I test drove a TL 3 times, 30 mins each. Had a deposit on one too. The G35 won me over with the more power. I didn't like having to rev the car to get more power out of it. The TL for normal cruising was fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec