G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec

I guess I’ll be saying good by to you all in the near future. I'm tired of waiting for my car and I've had it with Infinity. As I indicated in an earlier post, on 12/1/03 I ordered a G35 6MT silver/graphite/premium/aero/bodykit from Cutter motors in Santa Barbara and they still can’t tell me when I will have a car. Infiniti customer service has been of no help in this regard. The dealer says Infinity doesn’t have the cars, only AT’s. I’m wondering if they don’t make more profit on AT’s and are disinclined to order a 6MT. I thought Murphy’s law would hold true and that the car would come on the day of my recent knee surgery (ACL replacement...boy did that suck) but that was 3 weeks ago now and I’m back to driving. Whatever the reason…I went and drove a TL 6MT today and what an incredible car for the money. The seats and interior are great and the memory feature includes the side mirrors and seats. The power lumbar can’t be beat. The blue-tooth phone feature and stereo are incredible. There clearly is some torque steer but at this point I’m sold in any event. I’m going to get the A-spec performance package with suspension, wheel and tire upgrades and a tasteful bodykit. Motor trend reviewed the A-spec very favorably. So I’ll see you all on the road if you can keep up :-)

4DSC still waiting for my...2004/G35sedan/6MT/silver/graphite/premium/aero/bodykit

Old 03-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Re: Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec

Sorry to hear that it has not worked out. Good luck and please do stop back when you have time.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear that bro, sorry that "Infinity" didn't treat you as well. Hopefully the "Ahcurah" will.

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero, Z tube, K&N drop in filter

Old 03-19-2004, 09:30 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Sorry to hear that bro, sorry that "Infinity" didn't treat you as well. Hopefully the "Ahcurah" will.

<hr></blockquote>

LOL!![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Gpers</font color=blue>
'03.5 S Brilliant Silver/Graphite
Prem/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that your dealership is giving you the runaround. I agree that it's unacceptable to have to deal with that kind of lack of information.

If you would have preferred a balanced RWD platform to torque steer, then I recommend you at least go test drive a 330i and a CTS (if the 3.6L is available with the 6-speed, yet) before buying.

Personally, I liked the Audi A4 and the Volvo S60 over the TL, but that was an '03 TL. I haven't taken a look at the '04.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:29 PM

That sucks, sounds like the dealer was FOS. The TL is definetly a nice car with a great interior. With the A-Spec pack doesn't that bring the total in the low $40K region? If so, you might want to check out the BMW 330i ZHP (Performance Pack) - awesome car.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:35 PM

With the A-spec package the TL's price is close to $40k right? Too much money for that package in my opinion.

2003 Infiniti G35 sedan Twilight Blue/Willow, 5AT, premium, sunroof, winter, HIDs, navi.
2004 Lexus RX330 FWD wagon Flint Mica/Light Gray, premium plus, navi, Mark Levinson, rear DVD.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A-Spec costs as much as my Vortech supercharger if I'm not mistaken.

--Steve

Old 03-20-2004, 09:44 AM

I drove the TL 6mt ( no A-spec package ). Granted it's got a lot of bells and whistles which are very tempting, but it's no rwd car. I took one on an extended drive in the canyons and it was a fight to get the darn thing to turn. It is a great luxo-tourer but it has no soul ( and I know cars with soul - I drive Alfa's !! ). I'd suggest taking it and then a G35 ( even with
AT if you have to ) on a serious drive up to Lake Cachuma. It may prove very enlightening.

Regarding Infiniti customer affairs: Thay have been good for me. My car was already ordered when I called the dealer but I wanted more info. Get your order number and call Customer affairs. Wade through the voicemail system ( I believe you should push 7 at the first prompt and then 2 at the second prompt ). Then when a human answers ask for Phyllis at ext. 3830. It took a few days but she was able to research and tell me that my car has a Mar/Apr build and will hit the boat at the beginning of May. This is a far cry from the 6 weeks the dealer quoted, but at least it's more concrete.

I'm including a picture of what i'm having to suffer driving until it's G35 garagemate arrives.

Good luck and keep the faith !

Dan
Stevenson Ranch, CA

211837-solodue.jpg

Old 03-20-2004, 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience.The actual car buying process is nerve racking. Good luck with the TL.

2K4 G35x/Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Wood
Stillen Hi-Flow/ Z tube/ Ground Kit

Old 03-20-2004, 11:12 AM

Just call up Grubbs and have them deliver one to you
Worth

2004 Sedan AT DG/Sport/Flaps/Premium/max tint/Bose/CAI Injen/6 wire ground kit/Custom ECU/Zaino layers=6
next mod: UR Crank Pulley

Old 03-20-2004, 11:25 AM

A-Spec is $5200 and ~$1300 to install. I'm not sure if they give you the stock wheels and tires back. It seems like they should since they were paid for. If they do I could sell them on eBay and recoup some of the cost. It's a lot of money but there is not much of an alternative. I'm 6'3" with kids. 330i is too small, 5 series is too expensive. Ditto for A4 and A6 and I don't think the A6 2.7T even comes with a 6MT any more. The Volvo S60 R is too small. The CTS comes with a 5MT with the old engine, not with the new more powerfull one. The CTS V is to expensive. Saabs are just plain strange and FWD. There is just not a lot out there. I agree the TL has torque steer. (I drive a 1990 Maxima SE 5MT now). I was hoping to get a RWD sport sedan but there is just not a lot of choice that suits my build and needs. MT reviewed the A-SPEC and their opinion was that the torque steer issue was resolved as best it could be. I asked for my Infiniti $1000 deposit back, but maybe I'll give it one more chance and call Grubbs or the above lady at Infiniti customer service, thanks.

4DSC still waiting for my...2004/G35sedan/6MT/silver/graphite/premium/aero/bodykit

Old 03-20-2004, 01:46 PM

First of all, good luck no matter what you decide. Second, I just wanted to let you know that my experiences while shopping the Acura CL-S Type were the worst I have had from any Dealerships ever.

Flow Acura of Winston Salem N.C. was the worst car dealership I have EVER had the misfortune of visiting. They were outright liars and crooks. It was like dealing with the slimiest most disreputable USED CAR DEALER you could ever imagine, only they are an Acura Dealership!! Even worse was the total lack of concern or involvement from Acura Consumer Affairs.Their response was "We are sorry about your luck, but the dealerships are privately owned and we have NO power to do anything to or about them." And I am talking about behavior that was criminal - attempted fraud.

My experience with Leith Acura in Cary, N.C. was almost as bad. My experience with Hendricks Acura in Charlotte N.C. was not as bad as the other two, but still left me dissatisfied. They seemed somewhat arrogant, though in a polite way. All in all, my sub-par experiences with 3 seperate Acura dealerships left me doubtful that I will EVER purchase an Acura or a Honda.

My dealings with two different Infiniti dealerships has been MUCH better! Others may have had completely the opposite of my experiences with Acura and Infiniti, but I wanted to weigh in with my two bits.

Old 03-20-2004, 07:14 PM

Are you ordering a 6Mt? It seems there are no more 6MT available at the dealers and one has to order. I wonder if Infiniti will discontinue its preduction or make 2 weeks a year? I want to get the manual in the next 3 to 6 months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting...Getting a TL with A-spec