G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

groupbuy on clearing out yellow signal light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2004 | 08:21 PM
|
groupbuy on clearing out yellow signal light

Hi there, if you guys noticed, WIL, a member of this forum has cleared out his signal light. Looks great if i dont say so myself. I have been talking to him and he decided to do this:

"I was actually thinking about doing this as a class for those in the Bay Area. The class would consist of 7 or more individuals and we'll do it all @ the same time, and I'll be there to supervise and to ensure the lights come out really nice. Possibly some alcohol and potluck to keep the festivities up...........the weather's certainly making it really worth it! Here's what I could do:

- regular: $385 bring car , $275 for headlights only

- group buy 5 or more: $290 bring car, $225 headlights only

- course for 7 or more (Bay Area of course): $250 bring car, $175 bring headlights only

The prices above includes a new set of white replacement bulbs for those interested in swapping the stock orange bulb out and also include painting the piece to match the headlight housing as I've done to my car."

Remeber you bay area folks! This is a good deal along with learning something new instead of someone doing it and not telling you how to do it. Consider this a workshop class. Its a win win situation for both of us. If you guys want in please send me a PM. Lets try to hit 7+ people. If it all works out this can be a meet/workshop. PM me if your intrested and from there on we can setup a date.

Here is some more info... for the people who think its easy like the 350z here is something for the mind.

"Basically, it's a workshop where all of us would be working on the headlights @ the same time and I'm there to guide everyone through the process............I'll help anyone who needs help since it's it'll be everyone's 1st time doing this mod. Actually, the instructions in my 350z.com were done by my friends over @ Audiomobile in Oakland. I was there w/ Alan when they created the instructions, but one thing that we need to keep in mind is that the Zs yellow strip removal is actually far easier than our Gs. Their yellow strip actually pops right out...........as for ours, we will need to do quite some drilling / sanding. The time to do the Z is about 2 hrs vs 6 for the G.

Basically, the $175 will be paying for experience from myself to ensure that the job comes out the way it should - clean. Since it'll be a small group of 7 or so, it would also be a nice way to get to know each other since we'll be spending 6 hrs working on this project together. I'll actually help w/ areas where anyone that's not mechanically inclined........such as doing the drilling and the painting. I just want people to know that I'm not just there to tell everyone what to do.......I'm actually going to be working alongside you guys. "

I got this info from "WIL" on g35driver.com