G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Ok, cant wait any longer! I went to the DARK SIDE (FI)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New AEM gauge, I like it a lot more

Old 05-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I finally got some videos and pictures of the car washed haha. No mesh yet though

I will post up videos when I am home!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrei
Where are you located?
I paid a competent local shop that mostly does trannies and diesel engine work $350. Another local garage wanted $400. Only the Stealership wants a grand.

It's not complicated work but it's a pig if you don't have the lift. I DIY'd all my suspension and brake work and more but I didn't relish lying on my back under the car on stands rolling out with a tranny on my chest. Its a five hour job.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Pska
thanks for the post (you too VQhotness)

My buddy has an R32 Skyline GTS-T and his clutch sounds exactly like what you are describing; basically an on-off switch, it's hard to get used to but after a while its not so bad.

anyone on here know a DIY for clutch install? I'd hate to pay someone $1000 to install a $300 part (if that)

oops, meant to reply to this post on clutch DIY

I paid a competent local shop that mostly does trannies and diesel engine work $350. Another local garage wanted $400. A grand is an awful lot for the job. Its a five hour job. A grand makes that $200/hr., ouch!

It's not complicated work but it's a pig if you don't have the lift. I DIY'd all my suspension and brake work and more but I didn't relish lying on my back under the car on stands rolling out with a tranny on my chest.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by digital1986
The last problem was found and fixed. The SH!TTTTTY brand new Walbro pump had a leak so once that was fixed my fuel pressure went right up and my A/F ratio is great now. I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been thinking about STS for my sedan for a while now, but I'm also thinking about APC which isn't a lot more and even Jim Wolf Technology's Twin setup, even though it's a lot more money.

Earlier you said it was really loud, how do you feel about it's loudness now? I like that the STS allows for keeping cats. I think most front mounted turbos pretty much require removing cats so I've been concerned about passing emissions/inspection here in NC. With STS I like the price and the power and the fact you retain cats, but how loud is it? Attention getting? I do school runs and sometimes take wealthy clients out in my car. Is it still respectable (if you are easy onhte throttle?) or is it always loud?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sagemark
I've been thinking about STS for my sedan for a while now, but I'm also thinking about APC which isn't a lot more and even Jim Wolf Technology's Twin setup, even though it's a lot more money.

Earlier you said it was really loud, how do you feel about it's loudness now? I like that the STS allows for keeping cats. I think most front mounted turbos pretty much require removing cats so I've been concerned about passing emissions/inspection here in NC. With STS I like the price and the power and the fact you retain cats, but how loud is it? Attention getting? I do school runs and sometimes take wealthy clients out in my car. Is it still respectable (if you are easy onhte throttle?) or is it always loud?
Once the car is warmed up is perfect for me. I would say its a little louder then my Stillen Exhaust Gen 2.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by digital1986
Once the car is warmed up is perfect for me. I would say its a little louder then my Stillen Exhaust Gen 2.
Does that mean that as long as you are easy on the throttle you can be discreet? Could you start up in a quiet church or golf club parking lot with a bunch of conservative people standing nearby and drive away without raising eyebrows or attracting undo attention with the exhaust sound? I know this might sound stupid but it's something I have to do very regularly. I know I need to hear it for myself but I don't know of any STS RMT G35s around here.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does that mean that as long as you are easy on the throttle you can be discreet? Could you start up in a quiet church or golf club parking lot with a bunch of conservative people standing nearby and drive away without raising eyebrows or attracting undo attention with the exhaust sound? I know this might sound stupid but it's something I have to do very regularly. I know I need to hear it for myself but I don't know of any STS RMT G35s around here.
I've never heard it, but my friends can hear me coming and I only have an HKS rear section, I could imagine having a stillen gen 2 would turn heads. If you are concerned about conservative people caring about your car, maybe you shouldn't modify the engine because it will be much louder than stock.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Screw discrete! I have just the HKS rear section and I love the way people turn there heads when I start it up. I went by Dicount tire this week to get a R&B and the kid that backed it out of the stall said "wow that thing feels powerful".

Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Where's the vids?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Where's the vids?
I deleted all the videos cause the wind was overwhelming all the sounds, it was a really windy day when I recorded. I will redo some videos at work tomorrow and post them up!!!

I dont know lol its louder then Stillen. I will post up some videos of me starting the car from a distance and just driving around and you can decide.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
I've never heard it, but my friends can hear me coming and I only have an HKS rear section, I could imagine having a stillen gen 2 would turn heads. If you are concerned about conservative people caring about your car, maybe you shouldn't modify the engine because it will be much louder than stock.
Or go with a Jim Wolf Technologies twin turbo with a reasonably quiet exhaust system.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Screw discrete! I have just the HKS rear section and I love the way people turn there heads when I start it up. I went by Dicount tire this week to get a R&B and the kid that backed it out of the stall said "wow that thing feels powerful".
Yeah, I understand that... but I manage wealthy boomers' assets, many within a small community. I could cultivate an image as a risk taker, but it's more profitable to keep my risk taking low key. Perception is important. I like to drive like a demon, but I don't need everybody in the community to know that.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Yeah, I understand that... but I manage wealthy boomers' assets, many within a small community. I could cultivate an image as a risk taker, but it's more profitable to keep my risk taking low key. Perception is important. I like to drive like a demon, but I don't need everybody in the community to know that.
You don't have much option with the STS as there's no room for a muffler aft of the turbo. I think one of the SCs are decently quiet.

A single/TT might work if you the correct mufflers/resonators on them. Or at least have them quiet enough to drive around conservatively.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You don't have much option with the STS as there's no room for a muffler aft of the turbo. I think one of the SCs are decently quiet.

A single/TT might work if you the correct mufflers/resonators on them. Or at least have them quiet enough to drive around conservatively.
That's what I'm thinking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok, cant wait any longer! I went to the DARK SIDE (FI)