G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How many common G problems have you had?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had my compression rods, rear sways, audio unit, steering wheel handle, and third brake light replaced. looks like previous owner had most of the rattles taken care of in the rear deck, but the windows seem to still rattle.... seems like the only rattle i'm getting which the dealer can't seem to hear....

Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Axle click : not fixed yet, Busted CV Joint boot ( had to replce the whole thing ): done, Wind noise from drivers side door mirror area: I dont know what to try anymore! So far thats all, but i would REALLY love to fix the wind noise situation! I could care less if the rest of the car falls off. I just HATE hearing the wind at 60 mph coming in!
I have replaced the whole mirror assembly, the complete weather strip and done the regulator reset procedure! AHHHHH!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
air bag sensor fixed under warranty--2 grand or so if I didn't have warranty

1 bad strut--fixed
1 ac clutch/compressor--fixed
1 rear deck squeak--fixed
rear axle click-fixed
rear brake squeal upon backing up only and 1 light clunk in rear upon hitting brakes--not addressed yet.(front brake pads/rotors are new)
1 seat frame/rails replaced--fixed (due to slight clicking noise on a turn)

I think that is it and these things were spread out over 5 yrs so I'm happy, but I did have to force the issue with the dealer to address a few issues that were so obviously needing repair (u know, driving with the tech and reproducing the noise etc)

Old 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
oh yeah i forgot, i got my gauges replaced because the gas tank needle wouldnt go all the way to full and i got my HU replaced because the left tweeters didnt work when listening to a CD.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
blose headunit(x)4 eating cd's fix got an Ipod
compression rods-fixed
bad rad. cap not sealing-fixed
rear deck rattle-fixed
h.**** ft brakes-fixed w/frozen rotors and hawk pads
drivers door window reg noise-fixed
still have dash creak and burning rubber smell I need to get time to fix
last but not least CHEAP PAINT!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Third light is bad.
Stereo replaced after dash functions failed.
Driver side door rattle
Driver side leather trim falling off
Seat heaters not working
Fuel filling issue
Front passenger side light assembly broken
Rattles, Rattles, everywhere are freakin rattles.

I love the G, but my other vehicle is a Toyota Tundra with 135k miles and zero issues. Plus its a construction truck! We are seriously looking at BMW next time. These issues are only the common ones. The fit and finish on the G is comparable to a Yugo in my opinion. But, damn I still love the G...maybe we'll test drive the 08 G and forego the Bimmer.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blueharriss
Third light is bad.
Stereo replaced after dash functions failed.
Driver side door rattle
Driver side leather trim falling off
Seat heaters not working
Fuel filling issue
Front passenger side light assembly broken
Rattles, Rattles, everywhere are freakin rattles.
Have you tried banging under the 3rd brake light inside the trunk? Sometimes that does the trick in getting it to operate back to normal.

For the stereo issue, go double-DIN with JDM dash kit and never look back.

Seat heaters, if you live in CA or any of the southern states, I wouldn't worry about it as those seat heaters are useless.

Fuel filling issue, please elaborate on that. Infiniti employed a recall on the faulty fuel filler hose on all '03-'04 G35 (not sure on the '05 and after).

Front pass. light assembly broken, again please elaborate. Bad bulb? Lens cracked?

Rattles, either fix them (look up DIY rattle thread created by DaveB here) or live with them

Hope this helps!

Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
-creaks from rear the doors - FIXED right side under TSB
-creaks from the vents - service shop sprayed the dash with something- did not work , NOT FIXED
-creaks from the clock - NOT FIXED
-creaks from the rear view mirror - NOT FIXED
-ratlles from the rear shelf - I fixed this myself using spacers between the interior trunk linings.
-rear axle clicking - FIXED under TSB
-just started to develop clunking from the front end which is likely the compression rod that everyone talks about, NEED TO FIX soon before my warranty runs out.
-also just noticed that the leather surface is starting to crack, I only have 76,000kms. what do you guys recommend to fix, is there a coating to apply that can be purchased?

All in all I love the G but admit that I hate the quality put into the interior
components. I would get the G again but please Infiniti, fixed your interior problems!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I had some airbag parts replaced under warranty
Have small rust spots from rock chips
TPMS light comes on and beeps

Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
05 X w/ 74k.. soo far just a front wheel bearing.. my rear windows creak and my axles click.. but i have no time to fix them, so i hope the axles arent dangerous.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey Lexusk8, thanks for the tips! The stereo we just replaced for $550 through the stealership, the third brake light stopped working sometime after that. Not sure if they are related. I took off the trunk trim to get to the light and jiggled and wiggled all the wires to no avail. If the stereo and dash functions fail again I'll follow your advice. The fuel filling issue is that sometimes the pump seems to think the tank is full and the nozzle shuts off. Its random but can make filleing her up a very time consuming affair. The front passenger headlight had a broken bracket of some sort so it wobbled when going over any bump, the dealer said it was common and fixed it for free. The seat warming issue is HUGE as its my wifes daily driver and dang if she isn't cold natured! We're in NC and she uses the seat warmer 10 months out of the year. Thanks for the tips, we love the car but are very disappointed to be spending so much on fit and finish issues. Maybe the 08 series will be better built, their performance sounds to be awesome.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:58 AM
I loved my 2003 G35 sedan, but got rid of it one year ago, because of constant reliability issues. The car had close to 16k in mods done to it. It was even in superstreet in 2005. I had constant ABS issue, audio issue, alignment issue, oil consumption, door rattles, and window motors kept going out. I has 138k on the car when I dumped it so I didnt do lite driving, but still I wanted more quality. I got a 2007 lexus GS350 and have been exteremly happy since. I will admit that I missed the handling and the extremely senstive breaks, but I am much happier now in a car that doesnt ever send me to the dealership and gives me more of the VIP look. Imiss that car sooo much, but onward and upward I say. I will admit that infiniti is the BMW of the japanese auto makers, but they need to really work on reliability. They have suceeded in building cars we want to drive, but dont want to keep.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't had any of the above issues with mine.

Problems/repairs with my 04 (52K miles now):
Replace worn tires.
Front brake.
Replace battery.
Drivers seat track replaced (once for clicking, once because it jammed on one side).

All but the first are normal wear items. Just that the tires/brakes didn't last as long as I would have liked, or as long as they would on a family sedan.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Clock light - dealer
Fuel filler hose recall - dealer
Tranny - dealer
Pass side mirror came loose - dealer
Back when I had my sedan seats the driver's side seat had the rocking issue - dealer
Axle Click - DIY
Not enough HP/TQ - I had to fix this one

Last edited by ttrank; 10-07-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. tranny & clutch replaced under warranty due to internal synchro problem
2. rear axle click
3. excessive brake wear
4. fuel filler shutter valve
5. fuel filler hose recall issue

...all done under warranty. any non-warranty issues are fixed by independent shops or myself.

i also had the hood hinge problem, fixed by me with some lube.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many common G problems have you had?