G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Drilled holes on bumper fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drilled holes on bumper fix

I hated having the front license plate on my G & since you don't need it in GA I decided to take it off. When I took the bracket off I realized that I was missing the tow hook cover & that I had 4 screw holes on my bumper.... man I was pissed. I figured I would need a new bumper to fix this tragedy, well I went & made some bumper plugs & did a temporary fix to my bumper till I buy a new AERO bumper later on down the line. Here's my work right now, all I'm waiting for is for my tow hook cover to dry so I can throw it on. From far away you can't tell, even from up close it's a little hard to see so I'm happy with the results.

Make your own bumper plugs, it's so much cheaper & it looks decent anyway.

Last edited by Dominican1NYC; 04-22-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Why fail? LOL... tow hook cover will be covered as well, I'm not leaving it like that. I'll provide pic of finished product tomorrow.

Last edited by Dominican1NYC; 04-22-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:23 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO! No, your pics weren't showing up. My computer froze. I got it back up and your pics were now showing. Deleted post. Good Job on the repair. The fail wasn't for your work. LOL!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
LMAO! No, your pics weren't showing up. My computer froze. I got it back up and your pics were now showing. Deleted post. Good Job on the repair. The fail wasn't for your work. LOL!
LOL, thanks. It's worth spending $5 to make 2 bumper plugs than to pay $25 plus shipping for 2. Hopefully this helps somebody if they want to try & plug their holes (LOL, no homo.... that sounded weird)

Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey you dont need to buy a new bumper to fix your holes. all you have to do is take it to the bodyshop and they will fill the holes and paint the bumper giving you a fress new bumper. the clear will be harder than stock and will not chip like the factory.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dominican1NYC
I hated having the front license plate on my G & since you don't need it in GA I decided to take it off. When I took the bracket off I realized that I was missing the tow hook cover & that I had 4 screw holes on my bumper.... man I was pissed. I figured I would need a new bumper to fix this tragedy, well I went & made some bumper plugs & did a temporary fix to my bumper till I buy a new AERO bumper later on down the line. Here's my work right now, all I'm waiting for is for my tow hook cover to dry so I can throw it on. From far away you can't tell, even from up close it's a little hard to see so I'm happy with the results.

Make your own bumper plugs, it's so much cheaper & it looks decent anyway.
Same here bro, i too moved to Atlanta and will take off the front plate when i get the car registered here but what can i do to cover the holes? Cant replace the bumper

Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
hey you dont need to buy a new bumper to fix your holes. all you have to do is take it to the bodyshop and they will fill the holes and paint the bumper giving you a fress new bumper. the clear will be harder than stock and will not chip like the factory.
Good to know, but this will do for now. Thanks for the heads up, if I was going to repaint the bumper I might as well buy a new one though.

Originally Posted by basus
Same here bro, i too moved to Atlanta and will take off the front plate when i get the car registered here but what can i do to cover the holes? Cant replace the bumper
Make your own bumper plugs, here's the DIY Thread. He says to buy 5/16" plugs but my holes were 1/4" so make sure you get the right one. You can also buy some from bumperplugs.com but I think that's a rip off.

Last edited by Dominican1NYC; 04-22-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Finished product

Ok, here's the pics of the finished product.... I think it came off well.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Looks good -- I doubt you could do better without a new bumper.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok, here's the pics of the finished product.... I think it came off well.

Hey Dominican1 NYC

How do i cover up the tow hook cover hole, i took off my front plates and there is this tow hook cover hole and looks ugly, please advice

Old 05-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey Dominican1 NYC

How do i cover up the tow hook cover hole, i took off my front plates and there is this tow hook cover hole and looks ugly, please advice
I am missing the tow hook cover , can i buy it, the dealer must have thrown it off when he installed my plates

Old 05-17-2008, 12:40 AM
You can buy it here, then buy some touch up paint from Autozone & some clearcoat. I gave it 3 coats of paint & 2 coats of clearcoat. Looks pretty good as you can see from the pics. LMK if you need help with anything else.

PS: You can also buy it from the dealer for $15, I bought mine online because my local dealer is 50 miles away. It was $20 shipped for me from the website so whatever is cheaper for you, GL

Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 AM
You can buy it here, then buy some touch up paint from Autozone & some clearcoat. I gave it 3 coats of paint & 2 coats of clearcoat. Looks pretty good as you can see from the pics. LMK if you need help with anything else.

PS: You can also buy it from the dealer for $15, I bought mine online because my local dealer is 50 miles away. It was $20 shipped for me from the website so whatever is cheaper for you, GL
Thanks -- just called dealer and he's selling it for 26 bucks +tax

Old 05-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks -- just called dealer and he's selling it for 26 bucks +tax
So i buy the tow hook cover and i had my front lip uninstalled as it was damaged by my car movers and saw that there are couple of holes on the bottom left and rt side of the bumper .... i thought the lip was only screwed from behind ...... can this be repaired by a body shop or do i need a new bumper ... will send pics shortly

Old 05-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Lip is screwed in from the bottom from what I've heard before, it could be repaired & repainted by a bodyshop but it might be cheaper to buy a new bumper. Check out the new bumper K is selling, post pics whenever you can.

PS: You can make some bumper plugs for those holes, sand them down flat so you can't see that they are there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drilled holes on bumper fix