G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to upgrading car.....need your guys help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008 | 10:44 PM
|
New to upgrading car.....need your guys help

hey,

i own a white AWD 04 infiniti g35. My goal is to just make it look good and you know better performance, not really looking for the top racing, etc.

Anyways i was planning getting 3 things done: Headers, Tinted Windows, and catback.

First let me ask questions about the catback: this guy has a topspeed pro1 for his infiniti g35, if it is a coupe would it still be able to be fitted on mine?

2. I obviously want it to sound good but not so loud where like if im driving it becomes annoying or listening to music is a big distraction, so if im shoppin how do i figure which one will be good?

Tint questions:
1. PA tint law is that you have to be able to see from the outside no percentage, so what would be ur ballpark %.
2. How much does tinting cost for me? ballpark #

Header Questions:.
1. i found this header, this dude is selling cheaper than http://www.ichibausa.com/ststheni35.html , would this work for my car? my friend told me it would fail the emission test bc its not CARB exempt. would this happen?

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:13 PM
I got 2 layers of 5% platinum black on my G ran me 50 bucks but i know tinter. just a GUESS so please guys dont me! Id say stick with 25-35%, should run you right around 200 beans. As far as exhaust and header work, get someone who knows what they are doing, please. i just had a clutch job go HORRIBLY wrong due to some noob mechanic!

Old 05-25-2008 | 01:20 AM
uhhh... i don't understand how your clutch went bad from header work, i'd be interested to hear about that... sprasada i wouldn't go lower than 20%, and i'd stay @ 25 to be safe.

Old 05-25-2008 | 01:44 AM
|
ook thanks about the tinting jobs, so about 150-200. I am not installing header or exhaust but im trying to buy the parts for a deal, which is why im asking the question, cuz i dont wnt to buy something that could screw me over.

like this header:http://www.ichibausa.com/ststheni35.html

would it work for my car? and would it pass the necessary tests?

Last edited by sprasad03; 05-25-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2008 | 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
5/16 Motordyne spacer - $200 or so BETTER PERFORMANCE

Z tube - ~$40 JUST SOUNDS GOOD

Sway bars - $280? BETTER PERFORMANCE

I think that's about the holy trinity of easy mods to do to get your feet wet and the g35 'feel' better. The spacer provides a nice kick from stock, the z tube sounds sexy, and those sways will make you wish all roads were curvy.

Have fun, and it can be very addicting once you start.....

Old 05-25-2008 | 04:13 AM
Question

Originally Posted by pnn23

I think that's about the holy trinity of easy mods to do to get your feet wet and the g35 'feel' better. The spacer provides a nice kick from stock, the z tube sounds sexy, and those sways will make you wish all roads were curvy.

K id just like to know where you are getting these parts for so cheap.. Dealership they want 89 for the z tube online they want at least 250 for the MD spacer and what sway bars??

Old 05-25-2008 | 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
5/16 Basic MD Spacer $180 - http://www.shopjspec.com/product_p/516bz.htm add ~$26 bucks for the iso version. I bought my iso here, and Joe was great to deal with.

Z tube - boils down to luck, check the classifieds on here and my350z.com, it took me four months to find and ****** one before anyone else bought it (they sell fast) and they're usually $40 to $60.

Sway bars - I bought a set of Stillen sways also on the classifieds for $225. I'd think that sway bars are one product where it doesn't matter if it's been used before. Not sure how much these are new.

The spacer is a steal at the above price.

Old 05-25-2008 | 10:00 AM
I have an X also. Stillen Cat-back exhaust, 45% tint all around (cost me $200), I don't have aftermarket headers. It would be way to much of a pain to install them and I don't think its necessary.

Be sure to check for fitment on parts because of the AWD. Coupe exhausts will not fit and some cat-backs wont fit. The stillen will fit.

I just recently changed out my springs with Eibach pros. I strongly recommend that mod to make the car look good and not have such huge fender gaps. It will require front/rear camber kits (I got the SPC)

Old 05-25-2008 | 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by pnn23

I agree with this comment. I would wait and see what the exhaust systems that Motor Dyne Engineering is to come out with.

Old 05-25-2008 | 05:23 PM
|
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...=&make=&model=

there is the z-tube intake, fellas im a newbie here, im not really sure what this does?

I cant buy the stillen sway bars because i have AWD, will AWD affect me badly in what im trying to upgrade?

http://www.shopjspec.com/product_p/516bz.htm
On the spacers, are these headers? lil confused.........but i see there is different options like between size so the 1/2 difference is that they make a deeper sound?

btw looking at your pic 45% looks darker than i thought, i was thinking of getting 25% but like people tell me its hard to drive at night when ur windows are tinted like at what % are they talkin about?

Old 05-25-2008 | 07:20 PM
35% is what you should be able to get away with. It's not darkest, but I myself consider it to be pretty dark.
the Z tube, from what I've from this community, is that it will help give your car more growling, a unrestricted resonator, and some hp/tq gain..don't expect a lot though.

Old 05-25-2008 | 07:27 PM
|
well what if i got the whole intake with the z-tube, what would that do?

Old 05-26-2008 | 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by ∞Love
uhhh... i don't understand how your clutch went bad from header work, i'd be interested to hear about that... sprasada i wouldn't go lower than 20%, and i'd stay @ 25 to be safe.
No, im saying to get someone who knows what they are doing for a header/exhaust job because i had a clutch job done by some noob that went wrong. Just please get someone who knows what they are doing. Damn clucth job ran me 4200! So now im taking him to court

Old 05-27-2008 | 01:56 AM
|
whats the difference between the sizes of those spacers? like is bigger better?

Old 05-27-2008 | 02:24 AM
whats the diff. in the z tube and high flow stillen intake? the high flow looks purdier Do they both sound good and is high flow add more hp?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to upgrading car.....need your guys help