G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?

I just got my '04 G35X a few weeks ago and am wanting to change out my gold emblems to the silver. Having trouble finding them for sale, but that's another story. Anyway... as you can see in my pic that there is a gold stripe down both sides below the window. It looks like it may have been painted on.

If I am converting from the gold emblems to silver I would also want to remove that. Does anyone have any advice on if this is removable or not?

Not a great pic. Can take a closer up one if needed.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Not sure if anyone will know since that didn't come stock with the car. I would assume it is paint.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
You can't see it from the pic very well, but there is also an Infiniti logo on the stripe by the front windows. I didn't know if this was part of some 'premium' package or something. It was previously a lease vehicle, so I didn't think they would add some non-stock paint but who knows.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
i use to work at a dealer that is a pinstripe they put it on to try and charge people more money for like un upgrade now their are to different kinds
one is hand painted the other is 3m tape u gotta try and find out which one it is look at the lines see if they have like little runs or bumps if so then that is painted on

Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
i wouldn't bet money that's a sticker. it could be either. you should be able to eyeball it though.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
most of the pinstripe i've seen in person are hand painted........its a retarded thing i know, but people atually pay extra for that "upgrade"

the stickers are very uncommon because imagine how hard it is to install an extra thing long piece of vinyl? it'd come off if someone tried to wax their car or something

Old 06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah.... on closer inspection it looks like there are little beads or whatever on the ends of the line like it is paint. Retarded I agree!

So my only option to get rid of it is most likely a whole paint job. I wanna smack those ppl for getting it done. What do you all recommend? Probably not able to buff it out or anything I'm guessing?

It would look lame with all silver/chrome emblems and what not and this one spot of gold on the car.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
hmm...i'd still get the emblems changed...the gold emblems doesn't go well with the car IMO. the pinstripe is less noticeable, but the emblems are very obvious.

just count is as a specialty and pretend it adds character to your G sedan

Old 06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
You recommend any place to find those emblems? I've searched the marketplace, but it's search returns lots of unwanted results when i just do emblems. Couldn't find them on the sites like www.everythingg35.com. Wanna make sure i get the OEM ones not some crappy ones.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
what do you need? front and rear MT FUJI logos, "i n f i n i t i", and "G35"

????

Old 06-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Close! All of the above but it's G35X

Old 06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
if you like the debadged look you'd only need front and rear mt fuji

Old 06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by G Sedan
most of the pinstripe i've seen in person are hand painted........its a retarded thing i know, but people atually pay extra for that "upgrade"

the stickers are very uncommon because imagine how hard it is to install an extra thing long piece of vinyl? it'd come off if someone tried to wax their car or something
when i worked at lexus in VAB, there was a guy who would come and put an adhesive pinstripe on any cars we wanted it done to, took him all of 30secs. handpainting is much harder, as it's permanent, and also because when people bother with someone pinstriping their car, they don't just want a straight line, they want ornate intricate, one offs. furthermore, the adhesive kind dont come off from a simple car wash.

this doesn't look stupid or easy to me, does it to you?

http://tucsoncustompainting.com/imag...14_(small).jpg

Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by snotf
when i worked at lexus in VAB, there was a guy who would come and put an adhesive pinstripe on any cars we wanted it done to, took him all of 30secs. handpainting is much harder, as it's permanent, and also because when people bother with someone pinstriping their car, they don't just want a straight line, they want ornate intricate, one offs. furthermore, the adhesive kind dont come off from a simple car wash.

this doesn't look stupid or easy to me, does it to you?

http://tucsoncustompainting.com/imag...14_(small).jpg
do you have that on the hood of your G35? thought so.

I can appreciate the art of pinstripping on a hot rod, a chopper, big rigs, I've seen them all. Put that on an Japanese import, with a line across the entire body, then i'm going to say its retarded. And I personally have worked with vinyl and I know a thin little piece stuck on by adhesive will come off with a wax/polish job, I never said it will come off with carwashing.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
uhhh... i never said it was on my g. that would look like a bag of ***. if you look at the link, it's from a pinstripers site. if the pinstripe adhesive was applied correctly to a clean surface, it'd look fine, and not come off when waxed. you can say it's retarded, it's your opinion. mine is that it looks good when it accentuates body lines, not when it's obscurely placed "in the middle somewhere", which is what a lot of people do when they apply them.

my point was simply that you should be able to eyeball it easily and tell the difference. the paint is almost a mil thinner than the adhesive, so it looks totally different.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?