G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't decide on the debadged look. It does look nice on some cars, but I can't decide if I wanna show off the 'I N F I N I T I" & "G35X" yet or not.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Keep the gold em's just go get some gold rims w/a polished lip... would look super clean on IP. check out MightyG35's ride, i got him considering gold em's...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I used to hate gold rims, but those do look pretty badass on the IP. Something to think about I guess.

I did stop by a local auto body shop that specializes in detailing and dent removal. I asked him, and he thought he might be able to get it off using some sort of paint thinner. He was in a hurry so didn't give me many details on what he wanted to use. I asked him if that would damage the underlying paint and he claims "NO". He said he could test on a spot in the very far back.

Do any of you have experience with this sort of thing or have any good reasons why I shouldn't do it? I'm guessing there are probably plenty.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I was going to say you could just lay a silver or white pinstripe over it for $3 (from Advanced Auto) and you could easily take it off if it doesnt look good. But then i forgot about the fuji under the mirrors. Anyways you could get a copy made in a different color at a local sign shop that has a sticker printer. I used to have a built 92' Maxima and it had a horror able Red pin stripe on it. When i removed the stripe it left a perfect line of new clearcoat on the car so i covered it with a silver stripe and it actually looked alright. if all else fails, trade it in for a new GTR. haha

Old 06-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mackerman
I used to hate gold rims, but those do look pretty badass on the IP. Something to think about I guess.

I did stop by a local auto body shop that specializes in detailing and dent removal. I asked him, and he thought he might be able to get it off using some sort of paint thinner. He was in a hurry so didn't give me many details on what he wanted to use. I asked him if that would damage the underlying paint and he claims "NO". He said he could test on a spot in the very far back.

Do any of you have experience with this sort of thing or have any good reasons why I shouldn't do it? I'm guessing there are probably plenty.
Let me know how that goes... i have the same pinstripe i think (it has the infiniti symbol in the front quarter panal)... the outer layers are black.. and the middle layer is silver... i think its painted on... cuz it was REALLY hard to take it off... here are some pics belows... i hate the pinstripe!!!

Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?-g35-zero10.jpg

Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?-g35-zero12.jpg

Remove Paint/Sticker decal down the sides?-g35-zero13.jpg