G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

new DROP in K&N

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 01:32 PM
|
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Search/read around...this has been discussed a lot.
yeah i know and it looks like it all boils down to pretty much no real hp gains and how much a person wants to work to replace/change out filter when they become dirty.

Old 06-05-2008 | 01:47 PM
yup...no real gains. The K&N filter will save you money in the looooong run, but they will not filter as good as the paper filters. Also, you don't want to clean the k&n until it's pretty filthy. They filter better when they are dirty and still provide plenty of flow until the crud is really caked on.

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by 1beastnstl
yeah i know and it looks like it all boils down to pretty much no real hp gains and how much a person wants to work to replace/change out filter when they become dirty.
Correct on no real big hp gains. Sound is different though (K&N vs. conical intake). I started with the K&N along with a z-tube & love it...then a year or 2 later I got bored & then installed the Stillen intake to see what the hype was all about. I really like the sound better on the Stillen, but no noticeable gains at all...though it looks a bit better than a stock setup under the hood IMO.

Old 06-06-2008 | 10:22 AM
|
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Correct on no real big hp gains. Sound is different though (K&N vs. conical intake). I started with the K&N along with a z-tube & love it...then a year or 2 later I got bored & then installed the Stillen intake to see what the hype was all about. I really like the sound better on the Stillen, but no noticeable gains at all...though it looks a bit better than a stock setup under the hood IMO.
Thanks for the input. I dont really care about form so much as FUNCTION with the mods I plan for my car. My thoughts are to run the best parts I can afford and if it looks good to "others" so be it.