G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What can / can't be done with an X?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can / can't be done with an X?

I am about to buy a g35x, not settled on the year yet, but 06 or older.

I don't know anything about cars, and half the posts I read, I can't read because I don't know all the abbreviations or slang yet...

I'm just wondering if anyone has an X and a list of what they did to it, etc?

Or also a list of things you can't do...

Like I was looking at wheels and I think someone said don't stagger them on an X or something... I didn't even know about that at all, I assumed you would just buy 4 wheels and tires the same size that fit on your car....

See, I'm a total noob

I will continue to read on here, but there seems to be a lot less info on the g35x.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
engine performance-wise you can do all the same as you see everyone else do...

Suspension gets a little limited (I'm sure X owners will chime in)...

Wheels and tires should be okay - other than stagger (however, I think I’ve read that some have)... but OEM pre 07 non X weren’t staggered either – although many have done so aftermarket…

Have you read thought this thread (I’m not sure how much X stuff is here):
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/196616-look-here-before-starting-new-thread-2003-2006-sedan-faq-s.html

Old 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Wheels and tires. There are 4 people that I know of running staggered. They are having no problems. But if you want to be able to rotate your wheels then bet non.

Suspension. All rwd/coupe/350z springs will drop our car. It all depends on how much of a drop you want. For struts/shocks the rears from any of the cars will fit. I would suggest if want something for the fronts is to get koni rears and then send your fronts to koni to get the wet kit.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for exhausts, I just went through compiling all the info for my new 2005 G35X, so I'll share it with you ^^. As far as I understand, any exhaust that will fit a coupe or sedan from the axle-back will fit the 05+ X's with an adapter bracket available from Riverside Infiniti. I ended up with an axle-back HKS exhaust and it fit right on with that bracket w/o modifying anything. The mid-pipes from a coupe also supposedly fit easily (I don't think you even need an extender but I'm unsure) but don't net any real HP gains (I think the pipe on the 05+ X is already the same diameter?). I don't know about the y-pipe either, I could never find any solid info on that.

I'm interested to hear more, so if anyone can add to that, chime in ^_^. Make sure you read the stickies too, there is some more info on the X's floating around in there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.