G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New hear help me cover my bases

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New hear help me cover my bases

Hello all, new hear. All of my attention is towards my 2006 G35 sedan since i am selling my GTO. , the car is my DD auto,4 door nothing but stock.

so far i have searched and found the fowling info for changing the fluids.

1. Tranny take a special J-matic formula? how much will it take to fill after being drained?

2.Engine Mobil 1 5w 30 5 quarts

3.Rearend 80w90 1.5 quarts.

4. what are these special washers? crush washers? will jiffy lube have them?

I will be taking all the fluids to Jiffy lube since they charge very little to drain and fill.

5, i will replace the factory air filter with a K&N i can pick that up at auto zone right? does anyone have the part #

6.Am i missing anything the car has 35,000 miles runs tip top i just want to take care of it for the long run.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
i use 5W40 higher heat rating since i live in texas,......

for the K&N, the part number is 33-2031-2..

CHECK YOUR BRAKES!!!! front brakes wear out quickly......

is your car 6MT? or 5AT?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:04 AM
wow its hard to get a respones on this website.

the car is a auto 5speed.
cool i will check the brakes.
the dealer is charging $11 bucks per bottle for the j-matic tranny fluid.
does it really take 11 quarts? seems like a ton. i was thinking like 4-6 at the most.

what size oil filter does it take?
rear end takes 80w90. that is not synthetic right?
thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
i've got no idea.... goto the infinitihelp site and they have how-to's and videos about all the basic maintainance procedures..... i don't have a link, b/c not at home.... just google infinitihelp and you will choose the car you have

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wardo
Hello all, new hear. All of my attention is towards my 2006 G35 sedan since i am selling my GTO. , the car is my DD auto,4 door nothing but stock.

so far i have searched and found the fowling info for changing the fluids.

1. Tranny take a special J-matic formula? how much will it take to fill after being drained?

2.Engine Mobil 1 5w 30 5 quarts

3.Rearend 80w90 1.5 quarts.

4. what are these special washers? crush washers? will jiffy lube have them?

I will be taking all the fluids to Jiffy lube since they charge very little to drain and fill.

5, i will replace the factory air filter with a K&N i can pick that up at auto zone right? does anyone have the part #

6.Am i missing anything the car has 35,000 miles runs tip top i just want to take care of it for the long run.

Thanks

1) Per Nissan's recommendations, only drain the tranny itself every 30K miles or so. For my 03 5AT, the tranny held 3QTs and 80ml. Simply measure exactly what comes out and put back in exactly that much.

2) correct

3) I think that's too much fluid. Basically fill the rear diff until fluid comes out. Make sure the car is level. This only needs to be done every 60K miles or so,

4) I've never once used new crush washers for either of my VQs. Never had a leak.

5) DO NOT use a KN filter. They're crap and they'll crap up quickly. Go with a dry style air filter like from Amsoil.

6) Okay

Remember, all these answers could have been found by doing a simple search. This is why you got minimal responses. Doing a search will get you far more opinions and factual data.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
I searched the chit out of this website. there are very minimal direct answers. Every ones keeps jumping topics about performance.
thanks for the info on the washers

Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
^^^K&N filter is crap? WTF is wrong with you>

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
Who told you that? K&N and Amsoil are the 2 of the best drop in filters... OP search www.InfinitiHelp.com alot of great info and DIYs on that site...

Old 06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
ha ha I will keep the filter oils up so it does its job.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah.....LOL. I've got nothing but praises for my K&N!!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
The K&N is crap because it uses oil as a secondary filtering media. Those oil particles get digested into the intake. As time goes on, those oil particles can collect on heated MAF element wires. Those wires are only about 2X the width of a human hair. As the oil collects on the wires, the MAF gets incorrect readings and may ultimately affect the performance of the motor. Finally, Nissan MAFs are very sensitive and they fail quite often.

I've had a K&N filter in my G and also my VQ30 Maxima. The result was same. The MAF screen got gummy as time went on. That gum is oil residual. Luckily I know how to service the MAF and clean the elements. Additionally, since the K&N use oil, the filter itself gets very dirty, very quickly. After 25K miles or sooner, you'll need to service the filter and that's just a recipe for disaster because most people end up using way too much recharge oil.

Amsoil makes a dry filter which is serviceable by simply blowing out the filter from the induction side with an air hose. The filtering capability is better and the servicing is a no-brainer. With regards to power, K&N, Amsoil, or stock. No difference in power. Period.

All this information could be found in a simple search.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
after i recharged my K&N i left it between 2 newspapers overnight, the excess oil left on the newspapers were and I used very light coats.

I also clean my MAF sensor with multiple light sprays when i recharge and so far it's worked out for me. It's just moer work with K&N but i dont feel like going out and buying another filter.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Don't flush your tranny, just change the fluids. Yes, the J-matic is $11-$12 per quart. And yes it'll take about 10 quarts to fill it, and the TC (if a auto) if you completely drain the whole thing (and remember, that's a bad idea). I have an extra tranny cooler and it takes about 11 1/2 to top off the car when completely drained after upgrading my trans, TC and Valve body.

I did my rear diff at 15k and even the dealer was shocked at how dirty it was.

I've used the Stillen airbox with a wet K&N style filter for almost 4 years. Don't super saturate it, and keep an extra one recharged one on hand. I don't think anyone around here has experienced what DaveB is warning you on, but then again that's not to say it can't happen.

BTW... be careful of Jiffy Lube. Sometimes they don't have the exact oil filter needed and will just force something "close" on. Since this is a new car to you, you might consider having an oil analysis done on it.

I also use Mobil 1 and change it every 3000 miles. i have an oil cooler, so use a little more than 5 quarts.

Most shops will reuse your old washers without issue... however, my daddy always told me to replace washers and gaskets whenever you work on the car. You can order cheaply from King Bolt (old school hardware store that has EVERYTHING!)

King Bolt Company
(626) 339-8400
4680 N Grand Ave, Covina, CA 91724

You might also consider changing your in cabin air filter. Here's an online DIY with P/N. http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/gsed...eplacement.htm

Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM
what oil filter is needed? i think i will just run to auto zone they can tell me the right one.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My personal choice for oil filter is Mobil-1 (part no. M1-108). Less than $10 from Autozone or Advance Auto Parts, and seems to do a better job in filtering than the OEM Nissan filters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New hear help me cover my bases