G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Buying When Dealer Locates Car Out-of-State

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying When Dealer Locates Car Out-of-State

Has anyone had the experience of negotiating price on a G35 pulled from the inventory of out-of-state dealer? The dealer in my area does not have a sedan equipped the way I'd like. I am trying to understand whether I have lost all bargaining power in this situation.

Old 03-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Re: Buying When Dealer Locates Car Out-of-State

I think you've lost some bargaining power but it doesn't matter whether it's out of state or a local competing dealer. Usually, to keep everything even, dealers trade cars not just give them out. Yours will, reluctantly, have to give up something the other wants. Talk honestly with yours and see if it's worth their while or if you should go to the other dealer. You may only be talking the difference of $500. If it's worth that to you to have the car brought to you, go for it. Be sure to have it trucked not driven. You may end up paying the shipping cost. Make some calls and see if the price they charge for shipping is fair or jacked up for profit. Consider calling the other dealer and get a quote from them. Don't know for sure but the sedan's seem to going for a considerable amount under MSRP now with so many sitting on dealer's lots. Once you determine price expectations, you'll have an idea of how much it's costing you to import from out of state. ...dean

Seattle area

Old 03-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Re: Buying When Dealer Locates Car Out-of-State

Not at all, basically, how to locate the car if your dealer's business, you need not to care. you only focus on barganning and have will to wait a little longer, don't fall in the excuse from dealer it' will cost them more to locate the car. they will sell you the car if the price is right no matter if its in parging lot or out of state.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter