G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Best Mod to increase Fuel Economy??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:54 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
The best mod you can do to your car to increase the MPG is the Flintstone mode.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jimrockford
I've found that if I time my work commute correctly, I can improve my gas mileage by 3-4 MPG just by avoiding traffic. Luckily, I have some leeway when it comes to the hours I work. I usually try to avoid the morning rush by leaving for work early, and then knock off before everyone else leaves. Smooth sailing=high mileage.

The techniques Texasscout mentioned work as well, but it can be damn near impossible in traffic. Well, unless you want to be an asshøle.
I wish there were less of them here!!! Every since the gas prices rocketed there are sh!tloads of a-holes going 55-60 in the FASTLANE!!!!

I dont mind people cruising to save fuel - but damn! At least go the speed limit or get the f out of the way!

End rant.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I agree with several here. I put a high flow air cleaner and a HKS rear section exhaust and we now get a consistent 23 MPG with a 75% highway/25% city driving mix. The easiest thing to do is driving style. Learn "Demand style" driving technique.

Most folks will benefit from the cruise control, but you can make better MPG without it. The basic idea is to attain your cruising speed on flat ground and DON'T MOVE YOUR FOOT! It's like having an old style pull type throttle that you can lock in one position. even though you may slow up the hills, you will gain momentum on the down side that will make up for it. By not changing your throttle position, you don't use more gas going up the hills and you use less gas going down the hills because you pick up speed. It can work when there is not much traffic or you have multi lanes to drive in. Only use the cruise control on FLAT roads.

Everything you ever wanted to know about getting better gas mileage can be found HERE
Thank you!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohhhh...how nice it is too read through a gas mileage thread without someone griping about "you shouldn't have bought a g35 if you're worried about gas mileage" blah blah blah

I set the cruise, and put car in neutral as I'm rolling to a red light or stop sign.... I also use 93 octane (for some reason I feel like my gas mileage drops if I use less than 90)

Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shabarivas
LMAO Calling BS... well maybe you lost 10 lbs off your right foot and dont floor it as hard... so what you saying? if i remove my spare + back seats (30 lbs about) i will see a 3mpg improvement? hahahah no ways ...

hahahah come on bro you know its a joke

Old 07-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
The best mod you can do to your car to increase the MPG is the Flintstone mode.

hahahha!!! do i have to put some boulder wheels on for that modification???