G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan
View Poll Results: Which bumper to go with???
Kurukie (rookie's)
23.08%
Nismo/Aero
75.38%
Stock 03/04 OEM color matched
1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Need Opinion: Kurukie or Nismo Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Evaluate where you drive all the time. You hit a Nismo, you won't break it. Hit a fiberglass version and it's going to break/crack much easier.

If you have a really flat drive all the time, get the one you like the looks better. If you have to navigate potholes, curbs etc... I'd go with durability IMHO

Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by g35freak86
I agree.. I am interested to see which one I am going to choose haha.
I presume you used a poll to help with your decision... so the only question now is was the poll to help you go with the masses or be different from the masses

Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Evaluate where you drive all the time. You hit a Nismo, you won't break it. Hit a fiberglass version and it's going to break/crack much easier.

If you have a really flat drive all the time, get the one you like the looks better. If you have to navigate potholes, curbs etc... I'd go with durability IMHO
read post #7

Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah, Jeff serves a good point. The roads I drive on aren't bad at all. Of course there is some rougher ones here and there, but I avoid them anyway even with OEM bumper on.

I think I am swaying with the crowd now on this one on the Nismo. Not just from this comment. From a number of restless nights of sleep and days starring at the car. We'll see!!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
^^^ Wow bro! dont lose sleep over it thats for sure

Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I presume you used a poll to help with your decision... so the only question now is was the poll to help you go with the masses or be different from the masses
Whatever one I end up with, it's not because of what the crowd wants, it's what I want and the way I want it to look. I just put a poll up to see who was actually interested between the 2 of them and which do people like more just to know for the record

Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Red Card Crew

read post #7
I'm not sure how fiberglass can alter it's nature vs polyurethane. I'm sure it's built well though. But IMHO, it won't be able to stand the abuse the Nismo unit would. I could be wrong. If so, let me know

Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure how fiberglass can alter it's nature vs polyurethane. I'm sure it's built well though. But IMHO, it won't be able to stand the abuse the Nismo unit would. I could be wrong. If so, let me know
Apparently you didn’t read post # 7... or you completely misconstrued just about everything it says (as usual)... nothing in that post says anything about "altering its nature vs polyurethane"

Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Red Card Crew

yeah, FG was a concern for all of us at first... but its really not as fragile as everyone (including me) was thinking.
Jesus Christ. Here is post 7.

The issue here is the FG vs Nismo and their RELATIVE strengths. What does "not as fragile as everyone was thinking" mean exactly? Did someone have the unfortunate experience of banging one up and it held up well?? Or was this a visual determination from just looking at it??

Sorry but your general statement and somewhat cryptic post about it's strength really doesn't tell us anything. So it's stronger than people think. Ok, how strong do I think it is?? I'll even defer to your opinion as you actually own one.

Are you saying it's as strong as the Nismo?? If yes, clarify and state why. If you want to quote me and relate it to post 7, then you are going to address the strength/durability as it pertains to both bumper's materials.

After all, it's one of the main concerns of the OP. If both are equally as strong and durable then IMHO it's a no brainer for the OP as I think he likes the non-Nismo better (looks).

Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Whoa whoa guys... settle down haha. I don't want anything to start up because of this thread.

What OCG35 is saying is that it's more durable than one would think fiberglass would be. It's built well and does have SOME give as opposed to a crappier built FG bumper or body part.

What Jeff is trying to find out JUST how strong the FG bumper is. And that is fine. I understand where he is coming from and how he got that from OCG35 saying that it is "stronger than I thought."

All in all, the nismo is obvisouly more durable than the kurukie no matter what anyone says. It's Poly vs FG.

And to what look I prefer more... Nismo. Reasons being is that I have always loved it, looks great, and can't go wrong. As to why I am debating between the two is maybe to try something new compared to everyone else. Be different and unique.

Both are amazingly well designed and aggressive looking bumpers. I will be happy with no matter what I choose. Just trying to figure out what is mroe practical for my car, myself, and how much moola is going to be put into each.

Reason for the poll? Simply wondering which people prefer more just for my own good and anyone else that is interested

Thanks for everyone's opinions and for helping me out!

Last edited by g35freak86; 07-11-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Red Card Crew

It's exactly how I understood it and am trying to convey. Thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 05:08 PM
What does "not as fragile as everyone was thinking" mean exactly?
it means exactly what it says.
Did someone have the unfortunate experience of banging one up and it held up well??
yes, me. And its been discussed, and no I wont look it up and post for you... you look it up for yourself.

Jeff - stop being such a pain in my @ss in every thread. You read a bunch of stuff in forums, then post as an expert. It's not necessary for you to bicker about everything I post.

The bumper has held up well for me. I was originally concerned about its durability. Me and ttrank tried to get Viet to make it in Poly - and as it turns out its not nearly as fragile as I was thinking it would be.

How much more clear can I make it for you????

And where in my post did I compare it to Nismo? Read the statement - then comment on the statement. Stop with the BS you always pull by taking things out of context or trying to insert your non-experienced forum taught knowledge into the equation.

And you must realize by now that with all the people that have said similar things to you that there is a problem. However, I’m sure you will equate it to a problem with everyone else, not you.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Fiberglass has it's pros and cons. It's hard to compare a factory designed and produced kit to an aftermarket kit for durability. The Nismo is a great design and was made to appeal to the masses. It is not insulting in any way really and it is not edgy at all. It does what it was designed to do and it does it well.

Now if we separate rock chips from bumper chips I think this fiberglass is a good material. Will it take a raccoon or other vermin head on? No, but neither will most bumpers. Can you repair this fairly easily yes.

Be happy the choice is even an option.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Red Card Crew

1) Don't cut down my quotes to suit your opinion. Quote all or none thanks.

2)G35 freak understood it 100% with complete clarity. Both in content and intent. I don't know why you are having problems with it? Seriously

I never said YOU compared it. I said it SHOULD be compared.

And please don't think you're special or I'm singling you out. I share the same scrutiny wth everyone.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Rookie to the rescuueee!! Lol Thanks Viet. I completly agree to what you say and has been exactly what I have been thinking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Opinion: Kurukie or Nismo Bumper