G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

General computer settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General computer settings

Do you guys know what general computer settings can be adjusted ? I mean things like, how long do the lights remain on after you locked the car, and so on.

I believe I saw some earlier postings about people taking their car to the dealership for computer setting adjustments with their first visit being free of charge.

I would be interested to find out what is adjustable and if so, is there any book that'll teach us how to do it (I read the posting about "remote tricks", but what I'm looking is beyond that).

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: General computer settings

I posted these before:

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 03-10-2003, 11:44 PM

Thanks Gordgee ... I still need to decipher how you enter the working setting and how to engage Mode 1, 2, etc. Can you point me to the location of those charts ?

Old 03-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ack, evil gordgee! You keep posting pictures instead of nice, neat, auto-wrapping text! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 in toronto and remote settings

traian: It's something you'll have to have the dealer set for you. So far no one knows if there is a way to enter these settings yourself, short of buying a diagnostic tool for Nissan cars that costs a few thousand dollars. My dealer told me the first time is free, and any subsequent re-programmings will be $80 labor.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Yeah, but pics are cooler. Besides this way you can print it off to show the dealers who say they can't do it!

BTW, there is an error on the Infiniti sheets. 'Custom A/Light Setting' in mode four is the least sensitive, not more as listed. I went back in to have it readjusted. It was way too sensitive in all other modes.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:06 PM

What printer can print graphics, but not text? [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm more concerned about you messing up the wordwrap on my browser! That picture lets stuff go way to far over on the right, you know. It's just an absolute pain to have to mess with two scroll bars to read a forum. I don't know what this world is coming too. Frivilous jpegs, sex, and violence.. that's the problem with the Internet today.

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Administrator

I'm talking about the dealers that don't believe or deny that the mods exist. Sometimes a print of the picture is the only way. Sorry about the size. [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img] I'll try to be aware of the size when I post. Actually the first time I posted this, it didn't show. Someone else posted it for me and I just linked to his.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:14 PM

I'm just giving you a hard time, I don't really care about the size of your picture. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm running on low sleep today, so my sense of humor may be skewed.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What! no frivolous jpegs, sex, or violence. I knew it was too good to be true. [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-12-2003, 12:47 PM

for those that had the dealer change their hazard and horn mode. after the change, what happens when you try to switch modes with the remote. do both modes default back to stock, or do the changes stay as the 2 switchable modes?

might sound like a dumb question, but stupider things have happened before.

'03.5 Sedan, Silver/Black, Leather, Sport

Old 03-12-2003, 01:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't had that mode changed at the dealer, --someone who has would have to comment on that. But I would think that despite a reprogram (at the dealer) that you could still reprogram this yourself with the keyfob using the instructions in the O/M. ANYONE??????

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-12-2003, 03:13 PM

I think the goal of the question is this: The remote switches between Modes 1 & 2. If I have the dealer set it to Mode 3, what will the remote mode switch do. I see three possibilities:

1) It jumps back to 1 or 2, and starts switching between them. You lose the dealer-set mode, and have to pay another labor fee to the dealer to reset it.

2) It switches between 1 & N, where N is the dealer-set mode. (Or N & 2. Either way.)

3) It locks the mode to the dealer-set mode and the keyfob can't switch it anymore.

Ideally we want behaviors 2 or 3. Number 1 would be a bad thing.

Anybody brave enough to experiment? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2003, 08:17 PM

The one that blows me away is that you have to have a tech set the headlamp delay (time the lights go off after turning off the ignition). This feature has been available on American cars for many years, and it can be adjusted by a contol on the dash. I cannot believe Infiniti set the default for them to stay on so long, and I can't change it myself.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:53 PM

All of these settings should be user-adjustable. Take a look at a Buick Park Avenue sometime.. most of those settings are adjustable per driver even.

Old 03-24-2003, 02:47 PM

My dealer was good enough to do this programming at no charge (I was the guinea pig, they had never done it before). I wanted it to switch between Modes 1&4 instead of 1&2 -- well they programmed it for mode 4 all right, but when I switched modes (lock+unlock) with the fob and switched back it reverted to factory settings.

I talked to Infiniti support about this in detail and they said tough cookies (but more politely of course). It sucks because as it ships from the factory, there's no visual indication in mode 2 of when you unlock the car. Plus, since the range of the remote is so crappy half the time I try to unlock my car in the parking lot and I go to open it and it's still locked. Embarrassing... so essentially you have to give up switching modes if you want to customize this behavior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: General computer settings