G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Doors automatically locking!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Doors automatically locking!

Is it possible for the doors to be set up to lock when you hit like 20 mph as my wifes cirrus has that feature just curious if anyone knows if it can be done let me know thanks

Old 05-04-2004, 10:47 AM

Yes, it happpened to me. Got into the car(unlocked it with Key Fob), drove home and stopped at our community mailbox. I left the car running and got out and I thought the car locked itself! As I later found out, as I was opening the door with the inside latch, as I was releasing the latch, my hand was pushing down on the lock on the handle! I was still surprised that It would lock itself as my previous Hondas and Toyota wouldn't allow that to happen!
Hope this helps.

WinterPeg
2003 Premium Sedan DP Auto

Old 05-04-2004, 12:23 PM

Car should not auto-lock with key in ignition...time for dealer to do warranty work.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

As I later found out, as I was opening the door with the inside latch, as I was releasing the latch, my hand was pushing down on the lock on the handle! I was still surprised that It would lock itself as my previous Hondas and Toyota wouldn't allow that to happen!

<hr></blockquote>

Normally those cars wouldn't let you lock the door with it open, but when you're holding the latch open, it bypasses that feature and lets you lock it. I was in the habit of pulling the handle and hitting the lock switch as I exited my Accord.
<hr>
For the G35, it came with a wallet key. I suggest you put it in your wallet, it can be a big lifesaver when you need it. I'm also in the habit of rolling down the window if I'm going to exit the car with the keys still in it, especially with the engine running. That's not a habit I picked up with this car, it's just a habit I've had for years with any car. Incidentally, my car doesn't lock itself in the way you describe.. only on the unlock-with-the-keyfob-and-don't-open-the-doors will it autolock.

No, there's no way to make the G35 autolock at 5 or 15 or 20mph in factory form. I believe someone was working on a circuit board to do that trick. It started out as just a mod to roll up the windows with the keyfob and grew: How about window roll-up via OEM remote?

Old 05-04-2004, 05:26 PM

Hum! I wonder if that's what happened...It would give me a reasonable explanation.

I called the dealership and they claim if it's not repeatable, they can't do much about it.

I am nevertheless in no doubt about the first scenario where it auto-locked even after opening the door, because I didn't get anywhere near the latch and I clearly heard it auto lock from the outside.