G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Nissan vs Infiniti service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan vs Infiniti service

My closest Infiniti dealer is about one hour away, but I have a Nissan right downtown. Does Nissan service our Infiniti cars (oil change, etc) ? If so, is the quality of parts adequate for Infiniti, or is it a difference between Nissan and Infiniti parts ?

Old 03-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Re: Nissan vs Infiniti service

I am sure they can change the Oil (the filters are probably the same)... but do you give up the use of a loaner? I would not be surprised if there would be screws missing ... I am going to check underneath the G everytime I have it in for service.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:25 AM

why do you think there would be screws missing I hope their isn't. Have you had problems in the past with this.

www.derubeisfineart.com

Old 03-13-2003, 02:12 AM

There are something like 12 screws holding the cover in place under the G. They have to take the cover off to get to the oil filter and oil drain plug. I had something like that before and everytime I got to the car back I had a few less screws ... I cannot say this will happen at a Nissan dealership, because I have not been back to a Nissan service center since I paid $60 an hour (18 years ago) for the idiot to tell me there was an electrical drain on the battery ... only to find out he did not turn the ignition switch to the off positon before he pulled out the key. I should have know better than to trust them after the service manager showed me a wire from my alarm that they said caused the fuel pump to go out. It was a wire that was connected to the door grounding pin for the interior lights.

I am sure there could be "good" Nissan service centers, but I will not trust a Nissan dealership to service anything right. You have to find someone you trust. I.E. I also own a Ford truck and drive past seven other Ford dealerships to get my truck serviced at a dealership I can trust to do the job right and that treats me right.

I guess you could go on some Nissan Auto message boards and ask about the dealership's service. Have you tried the regional board on this site?

Old 03-13-2003, 02:23 AM

no i havent but i will try to check my bolts when i leave the dealer any dealer that is but i have free oil changes for life with miller infiniti in van nuys cal so it looks like im stuck their for a while since the oil change is 65 $ .

www.derubeisfineart.com

Old 03-13-2003, 10:56 AM
IQ9

The parts for Infiniti cars are Nissan. That means evreything is Nissan from filters to alternators. Nissan dealers may not be up on the tech side of the Infinti's serivce process . Toyota does the same with Lexus-Toyota dealers can do oil changes and tire rotation but thats about it.A free oil change is nice but with gas prices being what they are you might save money finding another way to get the oil changed closer to home or at home if you feel you can do it. Oil changes are not hard just time consuming depending on the vehicle and its underbelly aero tricks

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's