G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I need help finding a few things ... stealerhip is trying to make a mint off me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I need help finding a few things ... stealerhip is trying to make a mint off me!

Hey All,

The local stealership is trying to make a mint off me so I'm hoping someone can help. I just need to get 2 more smart fobs and uncut keys for my 05 G35x sedan and a WV2 painted tow hook cover. At the dealership it was going to cost $180 per key (not programmed) and $27 for the cover unpainted. OMG!!! I bought an Infiniti ... not a Bentley. Anywho, please let me know if you got em or where's the best to get em at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

MC

Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mcdesignhaus
OMG!!! I bought an Infiniti ... not a Bentley.
lol.

try Grubbs, they offer a 20% discount on oem parts for members here.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Old 09-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
buy the fob or key on ebay, go to an stealership you've never been to, pretend you're looking to trade in for somethin brand new, chit chat for a salesperson for a while. Then tell them at the end you have a fob and key you need help programming, they'll jump and walk you to the shop, ask a tech to do it for free. End of story. Did it, and told a friend to try it with VW, an it works everytime.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Kazaam35x
buy the fob or key on ebay, go to an stealership you've never been to, pretend you're looking to trade in for somethin brand new, chit chat for a salesperson for a while. Then tell them at the end you have a fob and key you need help programming, they'll jump and walk you to the shop, ask a tech to do it for free. End of story. Did it, and told a friend to try it with VW, an it works everytime.

Coming from a hard-working salesperson, that is fvckin dirty! But I bet it would work. Make sure you find a new guy or something. Just don't come to my store...

Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
See the problem is

See the problem is that when dealerships do this kind of stuff then people like me choose never to support them and then I only go onto chat boards like this and find out who will play fair. If you work at a dealership then you know what I'm talking about - you can't say you've never seen a service customer get worked over ....

BTW - how much do you want for these parts ... 2 fobs and a tow hook cover?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigrose
Coming from a hard-working salesperson, that is fvckin dirty! But I bet it would work. Make sure you find a new guy or something. Just don't come to my store...
Dirty?? Yeah like that's dirtier than 99% of dealerships that will jump on EVERY opportunity to rape someone Get real dude, you may work at one and say you're a stand up guy but it's a game of statistics. Start a thread asking how many have had an attempt or actually gotten "jipped" by someone at a dealership. If your dealership was anywhere near me I'd come looking specifically for you.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
What I'm trying to say here is just look at it from my point of view. I get paid on commission only, so if I don't sell cars I don't make money. If I get some jack who comes on the lot, fakes interest in a car and gets me to talk to him for an hour or more and then I do something for him that comes from me sticking my neck out and basically asking for a favor from the service dept, and then he leaves because that was his objective the whole time, I not only got my hopes up to make some money I wasted time with him that I could have spent with a real buyer. Think about it like that.

I agree the parts department and sometimes service will overcharge for some things lots of the time. Hell, our parts dept. rapes us when we go to buy parts, which is why I don't buy tires or much at all if I can help it from them. But don't blame problems you have with service on the sales dept. and deliberately keep a salesman from making money by lying to him to save a few bucks.

I understand I will probably get flamed now for this but just put yourself in the position of the salesman. I have NEVER tried to screw someone out of money or put them in a position they didn't want or couldn't handle financially. Car sales isn't what it used to be and that requires a new type of car guy. Days of hidden charges and bull**** like that are over.

No disrespect to anyone on here. If you guys want to know anything about the car business or have questions about how you are being treated by sales or management at a certain place or on a certain car deal I will try to help out. PM me.

Also, if you really want me to check on those parts for you, just shoot me over the part numbers and I will see what I can do. Keep in mind, I work for Nissan, not Infiniti, so I may not be able to get the same keyfobs. I can tell you how to program them if you want. Let me know.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not gonna flame but you yourself stated the reason people do this kind of thing. If prices were fair and only what was needed was done all the time, far far fewer people would try to take advantage (there will always be some .. you know that).

I or anyone else is not gonna think about how it affects the salesman. No one except a salesman would.

It's the same reason people take things like clips from under the car when they get a loaner. If they didn't charge $6 a clip, no one would do that kind of thing.

Not that I would ever do anything like that

Old 09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I jump on the wagon to rape someone?

That's why I give out free advice right?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
^ Not you Mike- My parts dept. is rough to deal with. Every store is different. I appreciate your advice and you guys have great prices, most of the time better prices than my own parts dept.

I didn't mean any disrespect.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I got my my '04 coupe from Costa Mesa Infiniti. On the day of delivery, of which they had 2 weeks notice of (and the car on the lot), the tinting was not done, the car had not been prepped and LoJack hadnt even been called. I was told I'd have to make the appointments myself to get it done but they had been already paid for and here's 2 free oil changes for your trouble. My experiences with them went down hill from there, with me making complaints to headquarters about their service with no return calls .... ever. I threw a party when I heard they closed down, I was that happy and would have screwed them over in a second because of how I was treated.

That being said, I drive roughly an hour now so I can deal with Mike in Service and Tony in parts at Riverside Infiniti when I need service and such. Only had a problem once and that was with a loaner and not a big deal (although more than irritating). I feel like a well treated customer and I dont feel screwed over. I repay that the only way I know of. I go back next time I need something done. Really, what more can either side do to keep it fair?

Old 09-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
@Bigrose I'm in sales

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
this thread is changing it's course~ to the op I believe there was a thread about keyfobs and uncut keys on eBay as well programming it. I would help search but I'm typing from my itouch =)

Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
grubbs sold me a key that was already cut for my car for 70 shipped.

cant beat that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need help finding a few things ... stealerhip is trying to make a mint off me!