G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to the forum!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forum!

Hello all! So like the title says, I'm new to the forum and Infiniti. As a college grad gift from the parents I got an '06 G35X, Brilliant Silver with Premium Package this weekend! (Thanks mom and dad!!) And so far I love the car! I was driving a slightly modded (chip, exhaust, and suspension) 1998 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro. I loved the car but it was just getting old. Since the new car did not have an owner's manual I've already learned through your forum how to get one, set up my Homelink, and later this morning I'll try and set up my bluetooth. So thanks to you all! Looking forward to all the tips and advice on the forum!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the boards bro. You'll find a lot of useful things and information on this site. Any pics of your ride?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM
welcome to the boards man! glad you already found the search button

Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car and especially graduating

You've landed on the best G35 site eva!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I'll take some pics and post later today.

I've got a few questions that are hard to explain without a pic.

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cerr
welcome to the boards man! glad you already found the search button

Old 10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
welcome to the forums!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Pics

So here are a couple of pics of the new car.

The last pic shows a crack/tear in the rear seat bench (the only problem I have with the car). Can this be fixed?

No mods planned yet. Not sure if I really want to yet. Maybe some exterior stuff but no engine mods. At least for the time being. I'm happy with the power so far. Much faster than my A4 with chip and exhaust!

Attached Thumbnails New to the forum!-img_0813.jpg   New to the forum!-img_0814.jpg   New to the forum!-img_0809.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 PM
XM radio ?'s

I tried searching this in the forums but didn't really find anything that helped.

So I'm guessing since I have the little fin on the top of the car that I have a sat link. The radio displays XM 1 and XM 2 and to my surprise it already works. I've never had sat radio and thought you had to pay a monthly subscription fee? Also, there are only a few channels on each station that work. Random channels 2, 21, 83...I forget the rest.

I've included a couple of pics. I'm just wondering if these are free stations and once I sign up if I'll get the all the other stations in between or if whoever had the car before is getting charged the $9.99 a month and never canceled his subscription?

Hope these aren't stupid questions! I know from past experience from Audiworld that some of you hard core forum members get pretty annoyed when us noobs ask dumb questions!

Well, thanks for your help!

Attached Thumbnails New to the forum!-img_0811.jpg   New to the forum!-img_0812.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Welcome to the forums... it is always nice to see another Sedan!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by BCCG35X
I tried searching this in the forums but didn't really find anything that helped.

So I'm guessing since I have the little fin on the top of the car that I have a sat link. The radio displays XM 1 and XM 2 and to my surprise it already works. I've never had sat radio and thought you had to pay a monthly subscription fee? Also, there are only a few channels on each station that work. Random channels 2, 21, 83...I forget the rest.

I've included a couple of pics. I'm just wondering if these are free stations and once I sign up if I'll get the all the other stations in between or if whoever had the car before is getting charged the $9.99 a month and never canceled his subscription?

Hope these aren't stupid questions! I know from past experience from Audiworld that some of you hard core forum members get pretty annoyed when us noobs ask dumb questions!

Well, thanks for your help!
Congrats on the car! IIRC when i got my car I was only able to recieve a few XM stations. They were XM preview stations. If you flip through the channels, one of them will display your radio ID, which you will need if you want to call and re-activate XM radio. There are over 100+ channels so you would likely recieve them all if the previous owner was still paying.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
Congrats on the car! IIRC when i got my car I was only able to recieve a few XM stations. They were XM preview stations. If you flip through the channels, one of them will display your radio ID, which you will need if you want to call and re-activate XM radio. There are over 100+ channels so you would likely recieve them all if the previous owner was still paying.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
welcome to the boards! Us sedan owners are always happy to see another sedan join!

RadioGuy is correct, if the previous owner was still paying, you'd have all 132 (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while) channels.

Have fun with it man, and never say never regarding mods...the bug will bite you eventually!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
welcome to the boards! Us sedan owners are always happy to see another sedan join!

RadioGuy is correct, if the previous owner was still paying, you'd have all 132 (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while) channels.

Have fun with it man, and never say never regarding mods...the bug will bite you eventually!
Thanks! I figured out what I was doing wrong and yup, I've got all the XM channels! As for the mods we'll see. I'm sure I'll end up doing something!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 PM
welcome to the boards and to having a g, after just graduating myself, i have to say my favorite part of the new car is the working heat... my old impala just about spat ice crystals at me in the winter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the forum!