G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just bought G35 had Mustang please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AceG35X
Thats a bold statement my friend..a bit on the ignorant side..
no. i've seen it. it looks terrible. i guess maybe not if you like wheel gap . it's so apparent when you have rubber band tires.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by the750
no. i've seen it. it looks terrible. i guess maybe not if you like wheel gap . it's so apparent when you have rubber band tires.
The750 visits G35driver? You're a 6mt regular if I remember right...eh?

I agree. 20's with stock suspension is going to look horrible. Actually...I think almost all aftermarket wheel setups without a drop look terrible. Jimmy's car looks pretty decent @ stock ride height, but he's got some meaty wheels goin...

Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 AM
i got bored over there!

Old 12-21-2008, 01:47 AM
troof. I got bored over there very quickly. Too bad you can't have the dog-bird avatar you had way back when I surfed 6mt. That thing was awesome haha

Old 12-21-2008, 01:49 AM
ohh i still have the dogbird hidden away somewhere. too bad you've got to pay to have avatars here though.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Amen. Who ta **** pays to have an avatar?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm confused.

First of all you have an X. Your choice of mods especially suspension wise is very limited so be careful with what tire and wheel size you run. I would check out the sticky on the AWD. Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Second of all, H&R Sedan Sport Springs. $250. They're easily one of the best springs you can run on the X, and the drop looks fantastic. Here's my car sitting on 17" stockers after the drop. This is my daily driver and the ride quality is excellent.

Im confused because I don't understand how a drop is not affordable but new wheels and tires are.

Last edited by G35MTK; 12-21-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
I'm very confused as to what it is exactly that you want. Why bother with rims if you don't care what it looks like? The car will look MUCH better, and ride MUCH better, with a set of 350z and or coupe springs on stock wheels, than it will on 20's.

I beg to differ.

I have zero intention of lowering my car or doing any sort of mechanical mods....but i'm still planning on putting on coupe 19's come spring time.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I beg to differ.

I have zero intention of lowering my car or doing any sort of mechanical mods....but i'm still planning on putting on coupe 19's come spring time.
and i beg to differ that it will look anywhere near as good as coupe 19s plus an inexpensive drop....

Old 12-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35MTK
and i beg to differ that it will look anywhere near as good as coupe 19s plus an inexpensive drop....

He's right. Why bother with expensive wheels but leave the stock suspension with the 4X4 ride height? Obviously if you're swapping wheels, you want people to notice your car but all they're going to notice is the huge gap in the wheel wells. They're going to say "Oh look, some old lady let her son put flashy new wheels on her G and drive it around but she wouldn't let him install performance springs."

Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I beg to differ.

So your like the guy in his Mustang that I saw on 22's....Obviously not interested one bit in performance or looks, just that everyone else on the road notices you in your absolute stupidity. But seriously, go ahead, it'll make your car perform worse, and your car will ride and look like poop.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:25 AM
And I just wanted to let you know I came from another car forum, registered, and made that post just because I couldn't believe what I was reading. If that tells you anything...

Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes.

#1, read the CALLING ALL X's WITH A LOWERED SUSPENSION

wheel gap looks bad on a G...we have big wheel wells. You can get yourself a set of 350Z springs and drop the ride height an inch or so and I bet you can do that for under $100 if you do the work yourself.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Atenza
So your like the guy in his Mustang that I saw on 22's....Obviously not interested one bit in performance or looks, just that everyone else on the road notices you in your absolute stupidity. But seriously, go ahead, it'll make your car perform worse, and your car will ride and look like poop.

Wow, way to read into something WAY too much. I'm sorry you felt you had to register just to post that, but you are way off target.

First off, i would never put 20" wheels or bigger on any car. It looks stupid. I'm also not into those "hey look at me" type mods like carbon fiber hoods, huge triple stack spoiler, 19,000K HID kits, gawdy body kits, etc. So your comment that I am "one of those only concerned with being noticed" insults me to the highest degree.

Second off, who said anything about not being into performance? I own two cars. One is my performance fun car and my G35 is my cozy daily driver. My second is a highly modified 5.0 Mustang. Nothing is stock engine-wise, suspension-wise or braking-wise. This is the car I drag-race, Autocross and cruise around with on nice sunny weekend days with. I'm all about performance with this car, so it's been semi-gutted, no A/C, no sound deadener, weighs 2900 pounds, etc. I would be right there with you laughing at the guy in a Mustang (prob a V6) with 22" rims.

Thirdly, my G35 is my daily driver/commuter car, so I am not all that concerned with modding it. It serves it's function for me getting me from point A to point B. I take clients from work out to lunch/dinner with it so it needs to stay professional looking. I'm not going to bother with intake kits, exhaust, springs, etc because I already have a car I do that too. (and much cheaper I might add) If i want to add to it's looks with tint, and some OEM 19" wheels, then I'm going to do so even if i don't want to lower the car. I have my reasons for not lowering = specifically BAD roads filled with potholes, speedbumps, my driveway which is at a 45* angle and a few others.

Fourthy, you said you were from another board, but you did realize the rims i mentioned in my post were OEM G35 rims right? The 1st gen sedans come with 18's stock and the coupes with 19's? The 2nd gen sedans also come with 19's. These are the rims i was reffering to putting on. If you feel i need to lower my car before I do so, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting here, but you should be writing a letter telling Infiniti to recall all the cars that left with 18's and 19's and lower them. Or maybe you should head over to the coupe boards and tell those guys then need to take their original wheels off until they all lower their cars. Those 19" wheels are also forged and lighter than the cast 17's i currently have. I don't even like aftermarket rims. Most look too gawdy and "hey look at me" in my opinion.

I can't beleive i need to defend myself on putting OEM wheels on my car

BTW, these are the wheels I was referring to and what my car would look like exactly. This car is at stock height. Now if this puts me in a class of people only concerned with people noticing me in my absolutely stupidity....then I guess that's me.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 12-21-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Joe_Camel
He's right. Why bother with expensive wheels but leave the stock suspension with the 4X4 ride height? Obviously if you're swapping wheels, you want people to notice your car but all they're going to notice is the huge gap in the wheel wells. They're going to say "Oh look, some old lady let her son put flashy new wheels on her G and drive it around but she wouldn't let him install performance springs."

And at that point I'll prob say "Damn, that Joe_Camel guy was right! I need springs. Let me hop over on g35driver.com and see what i should go with!"

Seriously, you are right. Springs do make the car look better, but right now I am fine with stock ride height. I have my reasons for not wanting to change springs, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could. I prob would. I'm not against doing it.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 12-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought G35 had Mustang please help