G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Manumatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Manumatic

I'm just wondering if all auto G35's have the ability to be used in manumatic mode?
Also I see that some people talk about having paddle shifters, but I haven't seen them.

Can someone explain the whole manumatic thing to me, because it seems kind of interesting, but I'm not sure if all the G's have it. Especially the 05 X.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All automatic Gs have it. The paddle shifter are only available on the 2nd gen G35s and the G37s, but aftermarket companies like Works Bell make kits for the 1st gen G35.

John

Old 12-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
They all have it. To me it's more of a novelty in any car. I used it in my G the first day and then never really touched it.

I love driving real manuals, so manumatic isn't the same to me. The upshifts take way too long for me. I do love how the 05-06 models downshift rev match for you, but in general, i don't use the manumatic mode at all. I just put it in D.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Really?^ Man, manumatic is all I use, everyday. Full auto is just torture.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by SixOneFive

I just can't get into it. It's not the same to me. I've driven other cars with it and get bored after 5 mins of it. My girl's IS250 has the paddle shifters for it and even then i got bored 5 mins later and haven't used it since.

I just need a clutch pedal if i'm going to pick my own gears.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess every body has their own opinion??? I actually love it...

Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
If you use it everyday, then why auto? I can understand people that bought and auto and use the "manumatic" every once in a while, but if you're going to be using "manumatic" everyday, anyway, then why not just buy a manual to begin with?

Old 12-25-2008, 12:24 PM
True true!!! lol

Old 12-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
If you use it everyday, then why auto? I can understand people that bought and auto and use the "manumatic" every once in a while, but if you're going to be using "manumatic" everyday, anyway, then why not just buy a manual to begin with?

Traffic??

I sit in 2 hours of stop and go traffic every day. I did two years with a real manual transmission (and a bad left knee) and it got to the point where i said my next daily driver would be auto.

I've got a 5-spd Mustang too, so maybe that's why i can't get into manumatic. Every time i shift, i press in an imaginary clutch and expect the shift to be instant.

But everyone has their own opinions on it, so i'm not trying to put it down. I still like the ability to use it if i ever decide to.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Traffic??

I sit in 2 hours of stop and go traffic every day. I did two years with a real manual transmission (and a bad left knee) and it got to the point where i said my next daily driver would be auto.

I've got a 5-spd Mustang too, so maybe that's why i can't get into manumatic. Every time i shift, i press in an imaginary clutch and expect the shift to be instant.

But everyone has their own opinions on it, so i'm not trying to put it down. I still like the ability to use it if i ever decide to.
I wasn't questioning you, was I? From what I understand, you use D most of the time and like the option of throwing it into MM sometimes. I'm questioning the people that say they use MM mode EVERYDAY (like SixOneFive, who my post was geared towards). I understand those people that bought automatics and use MM on occasion, but I don't understand those people that bought automatics and use only MM...

I myself have an automatic. And I use automatic most of the time. I throw it in MM sometimes, but if I were using MM all the time then I would have just bought a manual.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Traffic??

Nice!!! answer...

Old 12-25-2008, 04:57 PM
he could be a x owner. where as we have no real manual option! i use it a couple times during the week. when i see a twisty road the needs sum G!! =p

Old 12-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I use mine quite a bit, too. Just wish I had rev-matching.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:26 PM
i guess my car has rev-matching.. wut exactly is this? when i use MM to downshift it seems abrupt/hard!

Old 12-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
I wasn't questioning you, was I?

Only my traffic response was directed to you. Everything else was me just speaking in general..not to you directly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Manumatic