G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)

Hey guys, I finally got my NISMO sideskirts on (getting the body kit, piece by piece) and was wondering how much it cost to have your rear lower trim painted? I'm debating whether I should get the NISMO rear or just have it painted.

If painting can yield substantial savings, that will get me much closer to purchasing the NISMO front. Why did I get the sides first, you may ask? Because I got a darn' good deal on 'em.

Now my baby looks semi-retarded w/ mis-matched trim. My understanding is that the rear costs between 400-500. Any and all thoughts appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. also got my coupe middy on today. SCHWEET.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
IMO i'd rather have the nismo rear than the nismo sides.

Now that you got the nismo sides.....you must have the nismo rear!

Painting would probably be around $300, I'd skip a few lunches and pony up for the nismo rear.....you will not regret it! That rear completes the kit.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
IMO i'd rather have the nismo rear than the nismo sides.

Now that you got the nismo sides.....you must have the nismo rear!

Painting would probably be around $300, I'd skip a few lunches and pony up for the nismo rear.....you will not regret it! That rear completes the kit.
Haha, I was afraid you'd say something like this. I don't spend much on lunch as it is, but that rear is soooo tempting.

Question: how difficult is the install of the rear? I haven't seen a DIY for the rear section - only the front and the sides (installed them myself). It looks like it just covers up the trim. Do I need to go out and buy krazy glue and duct tape?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by ohmrwilson13
Haha, I was afraid you'd say something like this. I don't spend much on lunch as it is, but that rear is soooo tempting.

Question: how difficult is the install of the rear? I haven't seen a DIY for the rear section - only the front and the sides (installed them myself). It looks like it just covers up the trim. Do I need to go out and buy krazy glue and duct tape?
bubble gum will do

Actually the rear is not too bad. It is a PITA if you try to do it with the bumper on the car though. If you have the bumper off the car....it's a breeze. The most scary part is to drill holes into your bumper to get the mounting points in there......but the template helps.

All you do is you put it over your bumper to test fit, then you drill holes all along the side of the bumper so you can bolt it on fron the inside. Then a couple screws and viola!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
You must get full nismo Aero kit

Attached Thumbnails How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)-img_2748_1_1.jpg   How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)-img_2779_1_1.jpg   How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)-img_2772_1_1.jpg   How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)-img_2782_1_1.jpg   How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)-frontrs47.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 01-03-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
bubble gum will do

Actually the rear is not too bad. It is a PITA if you try to do it with the bumper on the car though. If you have the bumper off the car....it's a breeze. The most scary part is to drill holes into your bumper to get the mounting points in there......but the template helps.

All you do is you put it over your bumper to test fit, then you drill holes all along the side of the bumper so you can bolt it on fron the inside. Then a couple screws and viola!
So I gather that it's worth the trouble just to take the bumper off the car first? I have no idea how to accomplish that.

Somebody want to volunteer for a DIY? Wink Wink. Nudge Nudge. Cough Cough.

You mention that it's a PITA w/o removing the bumper- but will having two people make it any easier? My g/f actually likes to watch me do my mods..maybe she can actually be of use

Old 01-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Texan1
You must get full nismo Aero kit
That car makes me droool.

I believe I am experiencing G-LUST. My g/f won't be happy if she finds out.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by ohmrwilson13
So I gather that it's worth the trouble just to take the bumper off the car first? I have no idea how to accomplish that.

Somebody want to volunteer for a DIY? Wink Wink. Nudge Nudge. Cough Cough.

You mention that it's a PITA w/o removing the bumper- but will having two people make it any easier? My g/f actually likes to watch me do my mods..maybe she can actually be of use
when i get to the time I'll write up how you take it off.....its easier than you think.

IT's a PITA not because of lack of extra hands.....its mainly the clearance issues.....you'd need really short screw drivers or some sort of an angled set.....not to mention you'll be laying on the floor rather than standing up....overall......bumper off= the way to go

Tell you what bro....get the rear....and i'll walk you through it......now you have a mission to get the full kit!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Aero... full kit. get it now.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I ended up getting the stillen rear lip, and I really like how it looks...

just that rear lip shouldn't cost $300 to paint. I paid $100 for the rear lip & the front splash guards.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
^ Yea that. It should be anywhere from $80-150 at the most, and that would really depend on if they have leftover paint or not.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by g35freak86
This is the first, and maybe the only time I'll ever say this - that painted grille looks very nice with that set-up. IMO, without that bumper with the plastic inserts, it just looks rice.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by g35freak86
Aero... full kit. get it now.

Beautiful car, as always, Chris. NOW SELL ME THAT REAR LIP SPOILER! =D And while you're taking that off, I'll swap my mirror bases w/ yours. I'll swipe the HKS from you too, if you don't mind. I know you have people lined up for that already. But this way you could save on shipping! =P

$80-150 for paint sounds cheap. I would definitely consider that as an alternative, if my position as a street pharmacist doesn't work out.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
^ Yea that. It should be anywhere from $80-150 at the most, and that would really depend on if they have leftover paint or not.
Have you had yours painted? If so, where?

Thank you.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 AM
80-150 sounds about right if you let them spray the color code.

If you need proper prep + 100% color match + doing it right with the right sanding, flexing agent, etc., the labor costs mor ethan 80. Trust me I've had mine done before. Its cheaper if you have more pieces but with the one piece.....300 is for quality work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Much $$ to paint the rear lower trim? (03-04)