G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Drifting on a Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:03 AM
Man, you guys are pretty harsh. It's thier cars and as long as they're doing this stuff in a safe manner (ie vacant parking lot), no harm done. As for damage to the car, the only thing you'll damage is the tires. Obviously you could tweak the suspension nicely if you hit a pothole or a curb, but I'd hope you'd survey the lot before doing this. Power slides and drifting isn't going to harm the engine, the transmission, etc as long you keep everything in their operational range.

I'm 34 years old, married, and have two kids and you can better believe if I'm bored one day and I see an open parking lot that's well hidden from the cops, you'd probably catch me exploring the limits of the car. It's a performance car. There's no harm in tapping it's performance when it's safe and you're putting no one in danger.

Next thing you're going to tell me is the 1/4 and auto-x events I've done is BAD for my G. Seriously, guys, you need to get out and enjoy these cars. Sure, they're not Z06s or M3s, but they're still fun as hell and it's a pretty stellar chassis for the money. As for drift cars, I guess many of you fail to notice that G coupes are all over the drift circuit and the last gen Skyline 4-doors were quite popular for drifting.

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:11 AM
Back in SD**
Premier Member
^^^ Thank you for bringing some sense into the matter

Old 01-31-2009 | 05:33 AM

can you drift in a g35 sedan? sure why not.

would i continue to try to drift in my g35 sedan? no id stick with my s2000. the g's a boat in comparison

Old 01-31-2009 | 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
^Such a badass with an Infiniti...HAHAHA

Don't take this personally but judging by your mentality and maturity level your way out of you league for caring who drives the same car as you and how they drive it.
OK Im out of MY league for caring who drives the same car as I do?? Sorry for being embarrased FOR a 17 yr. old that wants to perfect drifting skills and share stories about it on g35driver. Just as Im sure any respectable honda owner is embarassed by/for any other idiot honda driver. This is not a home for that and yeah I'll flame it. Is there anything wrong with spinning around in an empty parking lot no, but for a 17 yr. old, drifting in a parking lot could easily lead to drifting in a street; we were all 17 and know that's completely possible and I don't appreciat a**holes slamming into me or my family.
My mentality: Act your age because it's embarrasing to all of us.
Your comment is a joke.........

Last edited by TwinInfin; 01-31-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2009 | 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by TwinInfin
OK Im out of MY league for caring who drives the same car as I do?? Sorry for being embarrased FOR a 17 yr. old that wants to perfect drifting skills and share stories about it on g35driver. Just as Im sure any respectable honda owner is embarassed by/for any other idiot honda driver. This is not a home for that and yeah I'll flame it. Is there anything wrong with spinning around in an empty parking lot no, but for a 17 yr. old, drifting in a parking lot could easily lead to drifting in a street; we were all 17 and know that's completely possible and I don't appreciat a**holes slamming into me or my family.
My mentality: Act your age because it's embarrasing to all of us.
Your comment is a joke.........

I think you need to step back for a moment. No where in the original post did this guy say he was doing this on a public street. You're the one jumping to conclusions and assuming he's guilty simply because he's 17. I've looked through all 20 posts from this guy and no where do I read he's an idiot tearing it up on public streets. His questions are no different than someone asking how to improve thier drag racing skills.

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:33 PM
Yeah I almost feel bad for the OP.. i dont think he ever posted another thread here.. As long as its in an open parking lot.. who gives a crap what he does.. when people see him tearing it up in a parking lot they wont think "OH, theres another crazy g35 driver..", they'll simply think hes just a kid messing around.. No way does it give us a bad name because hes using a G35... let him be.. he'll learn just how the rest of us learned.. All i want him to know is that its a costly habit to do it on dry pavement..

Old 01-31-2009 | 06:57 PM
all i can say is dont crash into me while im doing donuts in the same parking lot and you should probably practice in a different kind of car like a 240 or something cuz a G35 is a little pricey to fix if you make a mistake

Old 01-31-2009 | 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I think you need to step back for a moment. No where in the original post did this guy say he was doing this on a public street. You're the one jumping to conclusions and assuming he's guilty simply because he's 17. I've looked through all 20 posts from this guy and no where do I read he's an idiot tearing it up on public streets. His questions are no different than someone asking how to improve thier drag racing skills.
I think you need to re-read my post, I said there was nothing wrong with effing around in an empty lot. What I said was that a 17 yr old and drifting don't mix, especially when that 17yr old is an unexperienced driver. Why don't you read some of his posts from his profile. He is looking for a body shop and he is wondering if he can use the 6MT manual even though he drives a 5AT??
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ed-manual.html .
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...body-shop.html
Now if I see a 17yr old asking s*** like that and then inquiring about drifting, I think maybe he should get a little more driving experience under his belt before he starts whipping his car around. I could really care less if he smashes up his car in an empty lot, but being at his age I could EASILY see him being w/ his buddys on the street and get cocky or a wild 17yr old hair up his a** and crash into somebody. It's people like this that I do not appreciate or have any respect for whatsoever.

Last edited by TwinInfin; 01-31-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2009 | 09:51 PM
well i did my share of fun, never have i done "drifting" in my g35x just powerslided once and a donut once in the snow. i did skid across a field of grass when i took a turn to fast and ended up with a flat tire. g35s are too pricey trear them well

Old 01-31-2009 | 11:32 PM
someone buy my 6mt for 10k and u can turn it into a drift car!!!

Old 02-01-2009 | 01:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Stiffen up the chassis and some power and this car does great.

I say live and let live. If a 17 year old doesn't listen to parents why the hell is he gonna listen to random strangers on a forum?

Hopefully he understands the concern you have for his safety and the safety of others, but my guess is he took most things as condescending.

Old 02-01-2009 | 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
..... I say live and let live. If a 17 year old doesn't listen to parents why the hell is he gonna listen to random strangers on a forum? Hopefully he understands the concern you have for his safety and the safety of others, but my guess is he took most things as condescending.
Kids become parent "deaf" at around 13-15 and more open to community & peer feedback at this time (the American culture primarily). The older they become the more important peer feedback becomes-- no one is immune to this development irrespective if age (15-20-30-40-50 years old) until they begin to reach their 60's and 70's, at which point it begins to decline. . More importantly, the older we become, the more critical this community/peer opinion of us strengthens: essentially, his peers (us in his eyes) disapproved to an extent and this was part of growing up and joining the adult world (good lesson for him).

Finally, our self image. self concept, self evaluation, social cognition, beliefs, values, etc., all develop through social comparison, peer pressure, the need to fit in and belong, and other factors. Participating on the forum, asking and answering questions, banter-- all serve as part the need to belong and fit in (note that our parent's influence is less strong now tho-- for most of us).

Last edited by Braintree; 02-01-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2009 | 08:21 AM
Back in SD**
Premier Member
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
someone buy my 6mt for 10k and u can turn it into a drift car!!!
YOU are selling your car!!! And for only 10K!!! If only you were closer.

Old 02-01-2009 | 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Man, you guys are pretty harsh. It's thier cars and as long as they're doing this stuff in a safe manner (ie vacant parking lot), no harm done. As for damage to the car, the only thing you'll damage is the tires. Obviously you could tweak the suspension nicely if you hit a pothole or a curb, but I'd hope you'd survey the lot before doing this. Power slides and drifting isn't going to harm the engine, the transmission, etc as long you keep everything in their operational range.

I'm 34 years old, married, and have two kids and you can better believe if I'm bored one day and I see an open parking lot that's well hidden from the cops, you'd probably catch me exploring the limits of the car. It's a performance car. There's no harm in tapping it's performance when it's safe and you're putting no one in danger.

Next thing you're going to tell me is the 1/4 and auto-x events I've done is BAD for my G. Seriously, guys, you need to get out and enjoy these cars. Sure, they're not Z06s or M3s, but they're still fun as hell and it's a pretty stellar chassis for the money. As for drift cars, I guess many of you fail to notice that G coupes are all over the drift circuit and the last gen Skyline 4-doors were quite popular for drifting.
Thank you for that answer. I was like this when I was reading some replies here

Old 02-06-2009 | 11:29 AM
I gotta say, i'm sure its fun drfiting in a G35 sedan. We got a loaner car from Mercedes the other day, they gave us a 2009 c300. Let me tell you, drifting in that sedan was definitely turning me on... though I would never do that with my car, but heck why not enjoy the ride when its for free... hah

Awesome car by the way, excellent handling and acceleration; but not better than g35 sedan! Personally, I like the sedan better than the coupe 03-06, I think its too over rated and the back end just seems to be too plain and empty... My thoughts!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drifting on a Sedan