G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

More Time In Shop Than On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Time In Shop Than On Road

It seems like my 2004 G35 I purchased in January has spent more time in the shop than on the road. I left the dealers lot in Scottsdale with the tire pressure monitor light flashing. The dealer there swore the pressure was correct in all 4 tires and was sure the light would go out as soon as I got the car on the highway. After 2 weeks of waiting for a loaner to be available, I got my back car into the only dealer in Tucson (which is closer to where I live). 2 and ½ days of driving the loaner, waiting for the dealer’s techs and Infiniti’s tech support staff to determine what the problem was and get parts to Tucson.
4 or so weeks later the navigation system started giving me problems. “DVD Read Error”. Several weeks of calling the dealer to complain, Infiniti decides they should replace the nav system. Part is on back order for at least 4-5 weeks. The car is drivable but it’s not as much fun when your nav system reads error.
10 weeks into ownership, a 16-year old kid smacks into my right rear ¼ panel while I sit at a stop light with no where to go. $9000.00 damage. (No one was hurt, although I wanted to kill the kid.) 5 weeks in the best body shop in southern AZ, a lot of the time waiting on OEM parts. The nav system arrives at the dealer while my pride is in the body shop. Dealer threatens to send it back unless I can get my half-put-back-together car into their shop to replace the nav. This, even though the body shop is on the phone with the same dealer several times a week to order more parts or find out where the parts they have ordered are. I got the car back from the body shop and right into the dealer for the nav replacement.
11 days ago the AT Check light comes on, the nav system freaks out and the cruise won’t set. Dealer says bring it in right away. I do. They still have it. I had to drive a Ford F150 for a week because the dealer was out of loaners and it was all the rental company had left. Now I am driving a very basic loaner G. The part to fix all the problems apparently didn’t so… Infiniti has decided to replace the transmission. The dealer can’t tell me how long this is going to take. They have to order parts! I don’t know how the transmission is going to fix the nav system and the cruise but the dealer assures me it’s the transmission mixing with all the computers.
I love my car. I just want a chance to drive it! The collision aside, has anyone else had this much trouble with his G35??

Old 06-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: More Time In Shop Than On Road

Don't they have a lemon law in your state? It sure would seem that you more than qualify with your car.........

Sorry your having such a bad time with infiniti. This is my 2nd Infiniti, and other than a bad seal in my first cars steering rack, (which was a nightmare in itself) I have had no major or minor issues with the cars.

I would think if you contacted infiniti directly and found out what your options are regarding all the time and effort wasted in repairs that didn't work, you may have a good chance for some sort of compensation.....
just my .02 Good luck..

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-16-2004, 10:37 AM
IQ9

Look at the bright side at least they still want to fix the problems. All I get is lip service. My drivers seat has rocked & clicked since I got it and every time they "fix" it it starts 5 or 6 days later. They no refuse to fix it or even look at the problem. Call Infiniti customer service to see if they can assist you. I did and it helped...in the begining.

03.5 Sedan/B.Sil/Prem/Wntr/Aero/Tint/Rims/Hotchkis Sways--WHERE ARE OUR PARTS!
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 06-16-2004, 08:23 PM

Wow, sorry to hear of your problems! If that was happening to me [knock on wood], I would be going nuts! For the lemon law to apply, doesn't it have to be the same problem re-occuring over and over again?

Old 06-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But, don't mention the accident whatever you do, they will try blaming the problems on that!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had some minor repetitive problems with the CD player jamming (replaced 3 times, with a wait for parts and a wait after the replacement for my CD's to be extracted and returned each time), and a driver's seat wobble issue. Nothing terribly serious. I've had plenty of time to drive the car.. it's at 12k miles now.

The tire pressure monitor is annoying, but not a major driveability problem. The Nav issue is even more annoying, but it sounds like that's only happened to you once so far. The only big issue you've had is the tranny replacement thing. As long as that repair holds up, I'd say you're good. You can't blame Infiniti for the accident. You may have grounds for lemon law.. I'm not sure what Arizona law is, but with your car just sitting in the shop for over a month, you're bound to hit some sort of criteria for it. To me, it seems like these are all separate issues, though.. so I'd give it one more shot. You might want to see if they have any FX loaners they can switch you over to in the meantime, for your trouble. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
IQ9

The problem has to happen 3 times in the first year of ownership. I've got me seat "fixed" 5 times so I'm good...if that word can really be used here..?

03.5 Sedan/B.Sil/Prem/Wntr/Aero/Tint/Rims/Hotchkis Sways--WHERE ARE OUR PARTS!
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 06-18-2004, 11:34 PM

Wow, thats terrible luck. It is VERY, VERY rare for this AT to go bad. Its the same unit in the 340 HP Q45, so this tranny is very undertaxed in the G. How many miles did it have when you drove it off the lot? Was it a dealer demo or something? It may have been driven like hell on a test drive or something. My car had 4 miles on it. I must have been the first non-Infiniti/shipping employee to drive it.