G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Major problem with stock Navi...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Major problem with stock Navi...

I have no clue what is up with the stock Navi. I will try to keep it as simple and short as possible...

I got lost last night and while I was lost I noticed that the Latitude and Longitude was off by about 350 statue miles. Now this is were it gets all ****ed up, if I am on the map page (showing my vehicle location (direction of travel ect)) It shows me in the correct location, but a lot of the roads it was showing me didn't actually exist... instead it was just fields and gravel roads... now if I tried to type in an address it wont allow me to change the state from California, its just says "NO DATA" or something along the lines of that (I am in North Dakota).

This morning I had a training flight and I decided I would go early...
When I got to the airport I parked and got the Lat/Long and wrote them down and when I went to pre-flight I typed in the Lat/Long into the planes GPS it should have brought it up on the Garmin's as the airport location or at least near by... but it brought me up to B.F.E South Dakota. You may say well the Garmin's could be wrong and let me assure you they are not.
Any one have a clue WTF is going on with the stock navi??? I am thinking maybe the disc has been damaged some how??

Old 02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my friend used to have same problem on his 04 coupe im not really ure what he did or took it to the dealer

Old 02-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
I have no clue what is up with the stock Navi. I will try to keep it as simple and short as possible...

I got lost last night and while I was lost I noticed that the Latitude and Longitude was off by about 350 statue miles. Now this is were it gets all ****ed up, if I am on the map page (showing my vehicle location (direction of travel ect)) It shows me in the correct location, but a lot of the roads it was showing me didn't actually exist... instead it was just fields and gravel roads... now if I tried to type in an address it wont allow me to change the state from California, its just says "NO DATA" or something along the lines of that (I am in North Dakota).

This morning I had a training flight and I decided I would go early...
When I got to the airport I parked and got the Lat/Long and wrote them down and when I went to pre-flight I typed in the Lat/Long into the planes GPS it should have brought it up on the Garmin's as the airport location or at least near by... but it brought me up to B.F.E South Dakota. You may say well the Garmin's could be wrong and let me assure you they are not.
Any one have a clue WTF is going on with the stock navi??? I am thinking maybe the disc has been damaged some how??
I'm assuming you haven't performed an update. This happened to me when I tried using the map disc w/o updating it.

Try cleaning your map disc. I'm thinking that or the actual GPS receiver ( maybe a reset of the battery could help, but I'm betting this is a long shot )

Old 02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
disc can be damaged but more likely its the laser in the drive if it was a hardware related issue.

I'm with phrocker on saying it might be related to you not doing the update. In some cases people have told me the updates doesn't make a difference and on other cars it make a world of difference.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
well i know my GPS wont let me change the state..so you have to choose the city first and then a list of states with the name of the city will show..just choose the state you want.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im thinking about buying a new disc, good place to order online?