G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wrx vs G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, they're very different cars. To keep it simple, the WRX is a sporty car that may handle a little bit better, but the G is a classy luxury car. They are both extremely reliable, but the G is by far more comfortable to drive.

If I were you, go drive both and see what you like better. I just bought my G for overall reliability, comfort, and luxury and I absolutely wouldn't trade it for anything at the same price range.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im a coupe guy but I do like the wrx. One thing I hate it that one of my neighbors has one and he just feels the need to roll home at about 3am every night and wake the whole neighborhood with his exhaust. And if I am ever outside washing my car he drops it into a lower gear and floors it by my house. If you buy a wrx or a g please dont do either of these things because people will get pissed off.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by keff108
Im a coupe guy but I do like the wrx. One thing I hate it that one of my neighbors has one and he just feels the need to roll home at about 3am every night and wake the whole neighborhood with his exhaust. And if I am ever outside washing my car he drops it into a lower gear and floors it by my house. If you buy a wrx or a g please dont do either of these things because people will get pissed off.
when i had my evo, the same stuff would happen to me anytime i washed or worked on the car with it being visible to the people driving by on the street.

i hated that. people revving on you and what not.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ that speaks to the WRX's (STI's) owner demographic. they are definitely a "boy-racer" type of vehicle. of course you'll find certain owners of any vehicle that do bonehead things, but the majority of WRX's i see are riced out and driven erratically.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by canucklehead
^^ that speaks to the WRX's (STI's) owner demographic. they are definitely a "boy-racer" type of vehicle. of course you'll find certain owners of any vehicle that do bonehead things, but the majority of WRX's i see are riced out and driven erratically.
yep, its like that with any car demographic.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I don't get it just because I am outside taking care of my car which I pride myself on. You feel the need to drop a gear to make your car all loud and drive like an idiot down the street you live on. I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense to me. If I do this will my d*ck get any bigger?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
to be honest, where i live, i see more g35 owners driving like douches more than i see wrx/evo/honda guys driving like douches.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:16 PM
2 houses down from mine, they use to have a dodge charger. Hilarious, one day out of no where I see the guy flooring down the street his enging revving hard. This is in a residential street by the way with kids playing on it sometimes where you should be going max 25 mph. Needless to say couple days later i see his charger in the driveway with the smashed front end! classic!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I think the WRX is fugly. The styling is bad and the interior sucks. The tranny's is nothing spectacular. However, they are beasts and you can really make them fast.

Unless you are getting the STI I wouldn't even consider the WRX.

I think you will find the G35 more reliable of the two choices also.

The best thing to do is just go out and test drive multiples models of them to see how you really like them.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
oh yeah from a lot of people talk about questionable tranny reliability of 4wd cars. i guarantee you that if you launched your heavily modded g35 hard every day, it too will have its share of tranny issues.

its just a matter of perspective.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I think the WRX is fugly. The styling is bad and the interior sucks. The tranny's is nothing spectacular. However, they are beasts and you can really make them fast.

Unless you are getting the STI I wouldn't even consider the WRX.

I think you will find the G35 more reliable of the two choices also.

The best thing to do is just go out and test drive multiples models of them to see how you really like them.
reliability is a thing of question. There are tons of Subarus still the on the road with more than 200k miles on the odometer. How many G35's are out there with the same amount of mileage? theres a saying for subaru, 150k miles and you just finished breaking the engine in. The cars are targeted towards two totally different demographics. The WRX is a rally sports sedan while the G35 is considered a entry level "sports" luxury vehicle. If you wanted leather seating with plastic interiors than the WRX is not for you. Funny how you mention the interior. I have an 04 G35 and the interior isn't what i would call "luxury" either. Infact i find that the G35 interior from 03-06 are really bland. The 2007+ is what the interior should've been from the beginning. My Subaru has been just as reliable if not more than the G35 in my driveway. I can drive both feeling assured that I will not be stranded by either vehicle. I don't find the WRX ugly at all by all means. The bug eye is unique but i wouldn't call it ugly. The blobeye is by far the best looking WRX, the hawkeyes... not so much.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Alright, awesome, sounds like the cars are pretty equal in some of the aspects that are important to me. Thanks guys. What kind of 0-60 can I expect from an 03 or 04 sedan 5at? a 6mt? I've searched and searched and it's just been a pain, so I figured I'd just asked. And also, does the wrx not viciously outhandle the g? Coming from a 189hp 95' bmw sedan, either car will be much, much quicker, but for an old sedan, my car sure can handle. I don't want to lose anything in that department.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Go with the wrx. You seem more concerned with speed so that will fit you better

Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm not more concerned with speed, I would just like to know how the different cars and models will compare to each other in terms of acceleration and handling. If I was only concerned with speed, I wouldn't be driving a '95 bmw sedan, not that that speaks much for reliability or fuel consumption either..

Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
The WRX is a basically a rally car, it's going to handle better than the G35. Be prepared for a wider turning radius with the G. Other than that, the G is close to as fast stock, it has plenty of kick for every day driving, this coming from a 21 year old.

Furthermore, do you enjoy sitting in extremely sporty seat (not sure if they still only come in cloth), with a little better handling and speed, or would you like extremely comfortable, with heated leather seats that has a very quiet ride, smoother than the WRX, and personally I think way better styled.

Depends on your style, but I think they're very different cars and it's only a matter of what you prefer. They're both good cars though if that's what you're concerned about.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrx vs G?