G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Who says the Sedan doesn't get any Lovin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:21 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
haha it's a little louder than the HKS, CM, HR Y combo w/o any of the drone. I'm going to meet r1forever sometime and swap my straight mid for his resonated mid and I think that'll take the exhaust to the sweet spot for me. If not re-crue you might get lucky. The power band definitely shifted, I lost a little low end but the car really pulls a lot harder after 4000 RPMs. Time to go to UpRev and get a reflash. I'll be curious to see if the exhaust produced any significant gains by itself.

And Dave I was between buildings in an industrial park with a lot of resonance and echoes so you were just hearing echoes of the tire noise. I have chirped the 1-2 shift a couple of times with no shift kit after I got tuned. That was pretty cool.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Nice vid Tim! I was waiting for your car to reappear and I got distracted by the bug - didnt look up to see your sedan zoom past lol. But I heard it alright .

That's great you bought the VQ dual paired with the XYZ at the same time. I had my VQ dual with the HR y-pipe for a few months and there was slight drone at the highway RPM's. The XYZ took it away along with evening out (smoothing) the exhaust if that makes sense.

The dual VQ is definitely a keeper - shouldn't sell it unless you're gonna sell the sedan. Adding ART pipes will give you a noticeable deepness that wasn't there before....and the extra power in low RPM's is a godsend. Once you go ART's you can't go back.....I've got some vids with passes I'll post up....I miss my ART's

Old 08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Def had drone with my HR too. Cant wait to get the xyz on and drive my car again!

Old 08-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
^ That was an A and B conversation btw.......so you figure it out.

Your opinion doesn't count anyways until the beast is back up and running, kthanxbai

Tim - I'm afraid to post up the vids with the ART's because I don't want you to impulse-buy yet again this summer (6pot BBK anyone?) and not make the trip to the sedan GTGIII. You might miss a mortgage/rent payment & get kicked outta the house!

Let me know if you can resist the urge to get 'em right away after hearing the vids and I'll post up bwahahahahaha

Old 08-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by S 854
^ That was an A and B conversation btw.......so you figure it out.

Your opinion doesn't count anyways until the beast is back up and running, kthanxbai

You forgot the finish.

So C your way out!

Old 08-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Tim the motordyne with the resonated mid is really quiet compared to my old stillen td. To quiet for my taste. Can't wait to pair up the straight mid with the turbo now

Old 08-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Nice vid Tim! I was waiting for your car to reappear and I got distracted by the bug - didnt look up to see your sedan zoom past lol. But I heard it alright .

That's great you bought the VQ dual paired with the XYZ at the same time. I had my VQ dual with the HR y-pipe for a few months and there was slight drone at the highway RPM's. The XYZ took it away along with evening out (smoothing) the exhaust if that makes sense.

The dual VQ is definitely a keeper - shouldn't sell it unless you're gonna sell the sedan. Adding ART pipes will give you a noticeable deepness that wasn't there before....and the extra power in low RPM's is a godsend. Once you go ART's you can't go back.....I've got some vids with passes I'll post up....I miss my ART's

Do the ART pipes increase the overall noise output or just deepen the tone? Post those damn vids already. What happened to your ARTs?

Tim - I'm afraid to post up the vids with the ART's because I don't want you to impulse-buy yet again this summer (6pot BBK anyone?) and not make the trip to the sedan GTGIII. You might miss a mortgage/rent payment & get kicked outta the house!

Let me know if you can resist the urge to get 'em right away after hearing the vids and I'll post up bwahahahahaha
Don't be scared!! I'll hold off until after the GTG no matter what, this summer's been quite a mod adventure.

Originally Posted by r1forever80
Tim the motordyne with the resonated mid is really quiet compared to my old stillen td. To quiet for my taste. Can't wait to pair up the straight mid with the turbo now
I'm thinking it's going to give me exactly what I'm looking for. The exhaust is a little too loud for me with the straight mid and the resonated mid will help a lot. Also, the resonator on my XYZ will deepen and get a touch quieter as it breaks in and I have no clue how many miles are on the muffler.

I'm ready to make it happen when you are. I might even be willing to drive to Dallas Tue. or Fri. to make it happen faster if that works for you. Let me know.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea Tim im gonna be really busy til end of this wk or next. I have to get 2 cars done asap. Your welcome to drive to my shop either day and we can swap the pipes and you can drive back with you new piece

Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM

I just might depending on my workload. If I can get away Tuesday I might make that trip. PM me your shop address and your phone number if you don't mind and I'll check in with you on Monday.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
while ur there tim pick up my coupe seats from chris kthxbye

Old 08-13-2011, 09:13 PM

lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololol

I had to get mine one at a time from the Greyhound station when they came here.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Do the ART pipes increase the overall noise output or just deepen the tone? Post those damn vids already. What happened to your ARTs?

Don't be scared!! I'll hold off until after the GTG no matter what, this summer's been quite a mod adventure.

I'm thinking it's going to give me exactly what I'm looking for. The exhaust is a little too loud for me with the straight mid and the resonated mid will help a lot. Also, the resonator on my XYZ will deepen and get a touch quieter as it breaks in and I have no clue how many miles are on the muffler.

I would say ART pipes noticeably increases the deepness of the exhaust tone when added to the MD Dual VQ. There was a slight increase in loudness but not too much - also I am coming from a VQ Dual muffler/resonated middy/XYZ with HFC. The HFC is probably the quietest one of the three modules.

I had the ART pipes V1 on, but then bought V2's that didn't fit so I am waiting for the V2.1's that should be out in a week or two. Currently forced to go back on OEM cat's and feenin' for the new ART's.

I had installed the MD VQ Dual with resonated middy first and combined with the HR y-pipe it sounded better than the HKS muffler though slight drone remained. Then I added ART pipes V1 - the exhaust note became deeper and louder with less drone. Finally I added the XYZ with HFC - that was the magic component missing. Smoothed out the exhaust, a slightly more deep tonal change, & drone finally gone for the most part. The ART pipe V2's should be slightly quieter with a little more torque so I'm curious how the exhaust tone will change. Definitely blows the HKS muffler/coupe middy/hr y-pipe combo out of the water. Costs quite a bit more, though.

1. Standing start:

2. Pass #1:

3. Pass #2:

4. Pass #3:

Last edited by S 854; 08-15-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
sounds awesome

Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Hell yeah it does. I'm driving to Dallas tomorrow to swap mids and I'll make a vid with the resonated/resonated set up and post it.

Thanks Peter.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Look what i have ready to go
Hey tim i wont be at the shop but my helper will be and will take care of everything for ya. Just let me know if thats ok.

Attached Thumbnails Who says the Sedan doesn't get any Lovin?-1313449160668.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who says the Sedan doesn't get any Lovin?