G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Looking at 05 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcohen23
BuckeyeinMI is basically right on the money when it comes to this car.

I have a 2005 G35x, and it has the "X" on it. However, I did not know about the front scoop look, so I learned something here too.

In any event, I would avoid this car for the same reasons these guys mentioned above:
1.) accident
2.) inconsistent body makeup (scoop front with no "X" in rear)
3.) salesman claiming warranty when infiniti will not warranty any car that has been in an accident
4.) accident
5.) salesman is not very knowledgable
6.) accident
7.) price too high for accident

did I mention that you should avoid this car due to the accident?

however, if you really want to give this car a try, low-ball the guy with an offer like $14k

Additionally, I also agree that you will not need AWD if you live in area that gets no snow whatsoever...ever. The price difference between AWD and non-AWD is about $1-$2k, so you'll have to decide if this feature is worth it to you. Keep in mind that when the AWD only kicks in when a slip is indicated or at below 11MPH, otherwise, the car is RWD.

If you really want this car, continue your research on cars.com or carmax over the next few weeks. Also check out infiniti's website, they detail their warranty there plus other incentives. I researched my car for about 7 months before buying it.

Finally, don't feel obligated to use a dealership just b/c your pop "knows" the sales guy. The sales guy doesn't care, and will still look to make as much money as possible (especially in this economy).

P.S. don't worry about these guys ripping into you, they get these kinds of questions a lot, and are more frustrated with the situation rather than at you. don't let them scare you away, they are very knowledgable and are usually always willing to help you out whenever you have a question. I, for one, am thankful that they participate.
First: I dont need AWD, if it has it then w/e

I understand about the X I should steer away but if I can get a good deal on it then we will see. I really want to know what the accident was. On Carfax there are no details which annoys me

I am more interested in the other car I saw yesterday any how (pictured below) Clean Carfax, and interior is in better condition. And I like the color better

And I know how forums work Its cool lol. I expect all of this hehe.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also keep in mind that Carfax does not always tell the full story (so I've heard). I don't think that it will include an unreported accident that was fixed up by an owner that happens to be a good mechanic. But that is more of the exception to the rule.

One thing that I looked for in the carfax was how the current dealership came to own the car (trade-in, auction, leased, etc). If, for example, the car was previously leased, then the dealership should have all of the service records. You can ask them for a copy of that. Then, you can get a more detailed look into the life of the car. Even if not leased, still ask if they have the records, you never know if you don't ask.

the 2nd car you mentioned looks nice. do you have a link to the sales page for this car?

Old 05-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by jmcohen23
also keep in mind that Carfax does not always tell the full story (so I've heard). I don't think that it will include an unreported accident that was fixed up by an owner that happens to be a good mechanic. But that is more of the exception to the rule.

One thing that I looked for in the carfax was how the current dealership came to own the car (trade-in, auction, leased, etc). If, for example, the car was previously leased, then the dealership should have all of the service records. You can ask them for a copy of that. Then, you can get a more detailed look into the life of the car. Even if not leased, still ask if they have the records, you never know if you don't ask.

the 2nd car you mentioned looks nice. do you have a link to the sales page for this car?
Good Idea, I called up the Dealer with the G35x and I asked them to get the service records for me. Thanks for that info

Old 05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd probably stay away from the wrecked one unless the service records show that it was nothing. The fact that your salesman doesn't even know AWD's should have G35x on the back is kind of disturbing. I bought mine from an Infiniti dealership and the guy knew everything about it.

I also like the wheels on that black one better. I love my car, but if I had it to do over I probably would have tried to find a RWD sport with navigation just because I don't really need the AWD very much where I live.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Mr.202?

Just found this out... Top is a random 05 g35x from auto trader and the bottom one is the one at the dealer.. you see the lettering and numbers are off from stock. somethings up..

Old 05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, avoid this car like anyone you know that has been to Mexico recently.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers

Just found this out... Top is a random 05 g35x from auto trader and the bottom one is the one at the dealer.. you see the lettering and numbers are off from stock. somethings up..
Yeah, more than likely it had some work done on the rear end and the body shop did a half-a** job of replacing the emblems. Makes you wonder how much experience the person doing the repairs had.