G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My car is slower than a stock 03.5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
How can it be the driver if they are autos lol
If you're even .5 seconds slower reacting, you're giving him a huge advantage. This is one of many reasons why street racing is worthless.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check your transmission oil if dirty it's not works good. i changed my run alot better.if you have cooler for your at you will be more than happy. i been eat up by civic maybe not anymore. since we hace sedan mosrt power come after 3000rpm.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Just had a tranny service done about a month ago.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
dude just go pick on something slower.... lol

Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by OCG35
Throwing a bunch of mods on your car doesn’t make it faster… carefully choosing the “right” mods and taking care to be sure they are proper for each other… then tuning to take advantage of the correct mods will result in a faster G.
Janik he's right. Tuning will be the ultimate last piece of the puzzle for me when I get everything on my car I want. (Only a couple of more things I think) It ties everything together and pulls as much out of our engines as they allow w/o going FI. Here in Austin, I'm lucky to have UpRev local. I have done a LOT of research and will go with the Osiris tune down the road. It won't be cheap either, a little over $700 for the tune and dyno time, but I'm convinced it will be worth every penny.

PS At least your car looks great, sorry it's so slow =)

Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Maybe the other car just couldn't stand the thought of losing to a pastel-colored car. What color is that? Robins Egg? Sky? Egyptian?

Just kidding, of course. Your cars look awesome. If Lakeshore had come with a Graphite interior, I'd have been all over it.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can race my stock engine 04 on 20s.. maybe regain some of that self esteem if you can win
if you didnt then i would suspect somethings up

Old 05-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Maybe the other car just couldn't stand the thought of losing to a pastel-colored car. What color is that? Robins Egg? Sky? Egyptian?

Just kidding, of course. Your cars look awesome. If Lakeshore had come with a Graphite interior, I'd have been all over it.
So funny guy, you've become a comedian eh? Actually, that was pretty good.

I started out looking for black on black, but when I found my car with the stone interior and the black dash it spoke to me. This may sound weird but I think sometimes cars find us, not the other way around. It certainly was true this time for me. The dealer I bought my baby from had 3 sedans. I went to the lot expecting to compare and decide, but when I got there, my car was on point out front and when I looked inside I was done. Drove the other 2 for grins and giggles, but there was no doubt when I drove up which one was my new girl. The other 2 just didn't FEEL right, even though they were both nice and both loaded.

Gives me goosebumps just to type this.......

Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Poor driving skills.... ?

Drive in manual you will get better time..
Take out the subs and other weight..

Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Comedian, Commodian, whatever it takes.

I started out looking for black on black, but when I found my car with the stone interior and the black dash it spoke to me.
The CX-7 I turned back in had that same basic interior color scheme, but the carpeting was black and the seats were a little more tan than the Stone is, but not nearly as tan as Tan/Wheat. I thought the contrast looked really nice. If the LS or TB had the Stone seats but black carpeting I probably would have gotten it. But I live in snow country, and I can't imagine the Stone carpet staying clean no matter how often I steam cleaned it.

Of course, knowing what I do now, I would probably just replace the Stone carpet with black and have the exterior color I really wanted. But I'm very happy with the DG. It's really sharp and easy to keep clean, so no regrets.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 PM
-MN G Crew-

Janik he's right. Tuning will be the ultimate last piece of the puzzle for me when I get everything on my car I want. (Only a couple of more things I think) It ties everything together and pulls as much out of our engines as they allow w/o going FI. Here in Austin, I'm lucky to have UpRev local. I have done a LOT of research and will go with the Osiris tune down the road. It won't be cheap either, a little over $700 for the tune and dyno time, but I'm convinced it will be worth every penny.

PS At least your car looks great, sorry it's so slow =)
I just cant decide if i wanna tune. Like i'd do it, but i dont want it to run like **** if i ever go back to stock.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI

Lol you know you like it.

We had a DG 04 and the color was nice, but everyone has it. You hardly ever see LS.
Originally Posted by risingson
you can race my stock engine 04 on 20s.. maybe regain some of that self esteem if you can win
if you didnt then i would suspect somethings up
Haha yea i bet.

I started out looking for black on black, but when I found my car with the stone interior and the black dash it spoke to me. This may sound weird but I think sometimes cars find us, not the other way around. It certainly was true this time for me. The dealer I bought my baby from had 3 sedans. I went to the lot expecting to compare and decide, but when I got there, my car was on point out front and when I looked inside I was done. Drove the other 2 for grins and giggles, but there was no doubt when I drove up which one was my new girl. The other 2 just didn't FEEL right, even though they were both nice and both loaded.

Gives me goosebumps just to type this.......
Dude, i bond with my car. it speaks to me every day.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:21 PM

As far a tuning, the Osiris tune for the 05's gives you 5 maps to have programmed. You can choose what you want; ie. valet, track, fuel saver, stock, etc. That way if you go back to stock you just change the map to the stock setting and voila, no problems. What I like is if I sell my car and buy another car that Osiris supports the tune goes with me to the new ride. Just a dyno expense to fine tune the new car and I'm good to go.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
-MN G Crew-

But thats 700 dollars LOL

Well ill have to see. This car is becoming a summer only vehicle, so i can pretty much do anything to it now.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
But thats 700 dollars LOL

Well ill have to see. This car is becoming a summer only vehicle, so i can pretty much do anything to it now.
True that, but it's cheaper than most exhausts and you will potentially get better power gains.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by seankim513
check your transmission oil if dirty it's not works good. i changed my run alot better.if you have cooler for your at you will be more than happy. i been eat up by civic maybe not anymore. since we hace sedan mosrt power come after 3000rpm.
Huh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is slower than a stock 03.5?