G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

pass window auto up pinch protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pass window auto up pinch protection

my pass window when using auto up it goes all the way up then comes back down 3/4 down and stops . do i need to reintialise or something let me know ur thoughts . thanks

Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant be much help sorry. i think the tag line is correct tho and its prolly the saftey thinking its hitting something.

had this happen on my mitsi evo and drove me absolutely nuts. but it corrected itself. sorry i cant be of any real help. gl tho

Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like it needs reset. Might try try either pulling power to the motor and control over there or just pull your negative terminal on the battery overnight.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
window needs to be retimed. you will probably end up needing a motor if you cant time it.

remove door panel. remove sticky hole cover to access switch.

perform this manually, do not use auto function:

window all the way up
press and hold reset switch, low glass all the way down
release switch, raise window all the way. it is now timed.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pwebb
window needs to be retimed. you will probably end up needing a motor if you cant time it.

window all the way up
+1. Had to do this after sound deadening my doors because I disconnected the motor. The reset switch is right in the middle of the door panel behind a plastic covering. Just look where the window motor is, there should be a hole with a button.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Did the same DIY procedure and worked for me in the past. It has been more than a year, and the problem has recently come up again. I'll have to get the limit switch reset again but it shouldn't take more than 15-30 min to do it.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM
I had the same problem, but with the drivers window on a sedan, where the auto up would have the window go all the way up and than go 3 - 4 inches down.
Here is how I fixed this. It worked on my car, have no idea if it can be repeated on another. Used the key fob and with the windows all up, pressed the Open button once, doors unlock, Pressed and HELD the Open button down until all the windows went down. Tryed the auto up feature from inside the car and the window now works on auto up. Could this be some type of design logic issue that gets reset??? All I know it works fine now.

UPDATE: One week later (fix above did not last)...this window worked properly many many times...but it is failing again, to auto up and stay up. Removed the door panel and performed the window motor reset procedure and it now works properly again. Hope it stays working.

Last edited by marcoguy; 01-29-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Fix did not last. Needed to correct the result.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pwebb

window all the way up

I tried this reset but it still rolls down 3/4 of the way on its own is there a definate way to make sure its the motor?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 AM
If someone knows what senses that the window load on the motor is hitting a object vs at the end of it's travel, than it can be measured. My guess is that some circuit is looking at motor current to reverse the window direction and make it go down. I tried to help the window up by gripping it on both sides to help it up to see if the tracks are dragging. That did not help. I got into this problem only on the drivers window after removing the battery. Maybe someone has the design info to allow a measurement, that can confirm what is the root cause of this problem. I do not.