G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

how to tell what trim package 05 sedan is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
wkk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to tell what trim package 05 sedan is?

hello all, first post here...

i've been thinking of getting a G for awhile now, and recently saw an
05 sedan 6spd from a dealer.

now i'm not that familiar with the different trims of the G's...
but i believe the aero package comes with OEM rays(correct name?)

and the premium package has 7 spokes rims, right?
(btw is the Sports package?...the same as the Aero package )

the dealer car that i'm thinking of has aftermarket wheels, so i have no
idea what trim it is...

could someone please explain the difference between the trim/packages
and how to determine what a car has.

is there something in the VIN that'll indicate what it is?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Check the struts, if they are red, its a sport model.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Post a picture of the interior and exterior.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
wkk
hey guys thanks for responding.

unfortunately there's only a front pic of the car....

here's the link
http://sunauto.autotrader.ca/used-in...807653bb4b80c7

curious, on the top of the page it states that it's manual....
but under "Powertrain" it says it's a 5 speed auto.....i'm guessing they meant tiptronic...if it is auto, then oh well, the search continues .....

Last edited by wkk; 06-03-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by wkk
hello all, first post here...

i've been thinking of getting a G for awhile now, and recently saw an
05 sedan 6spd from a dealer.

now i'm not that familiar with the different trims of the G's...
but i believe the aero package comes with OEM rays(correct name?)

and the premium package has 7 spokes rims, right?
(btw is the Sports package?...the same as the Aero package )

the dealer car that i'm thinking of has aftermarket wheels, so i have no
idea what trim it is...

could someone please explain the difference between the trim/packages
and how to determine what a car has.

is there something in the VIN that'll indicate what it is?
The Sedans come stock with a 17" 7-spoke wheel, the Sport Package gives you 18" wheels. The Aero Package is separate, but requires the Sport Package and has nothing to do with wheels. If it's got the Sport Package, it also has the Premium Package. So you can look just at the outside and if it's got the Aero Package, it's basically got everything (Premium, Sport, and Aero). Unless of course a previous owner added the Aero kit separately. Nav would be a separate option.

But, when looking at the car in the ad, it definitely has the Premium Package (tilt/telescoping steering wheel tells me that) and I bet it's an automatic. In 2 places it says either automatic or manual shift auto.
It doesn't appear to have Nav, or they would have mentioned it.

But whether it has the Sport Package is unclear. It doesn't have the 18" wheels that come with Sport, but it does appear to have 18" wheels despite the listing saying they're 17x7. Those tires do not look like 215/55-17's. But it also says it has a limited slip differential, which only comes with the Sport. My guess is that it does have the Sport Package with aftermarket 18's. It also says it has a spoiler, but there isn't a spoiler in the picture. It also might have a BBK of some kind. Check out the front tire, that caliper is bright red.

If you're set on a 6MT, then keep looking. But this is a pretty good price on this car considering its mileage (kilometerage?) and packages.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
The only way to know for sure is to go look at the car. I would not trust the dealer listed specs, they tend to copy them and put same options for all G35's. The red caliper is more likely painted OEM caliper than a BBK, but who kows it might be your lucky day.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
All 2005 M/T sedans came with the sport suspension package, red struts, VLSD and 18" wheels (they are different from the 19" forged Rays wheels).

Premium A package includes the Blose, sunroof, reclining rear seats, auto up/down rear windows, dual climate, auto-dimming rearview mirror with homelink, and auto on/off headlights.

Premium B package includes all of Prem. A plus Intelligent key, rear ac vents, auto driver's seat rearward and steering wheel up feature. (IIRC this package is only available on A/T G35's with the sport suspension package.)

Aero package includes rear spoiler and underbody diffuser available to G35 6M/T and autos with the sport suspension.

Post up if you have any other questions, as I have a 2005 G35 brochure.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by conesweeper
All 2005 M/T sedans came with the sport suspension package, red struts, VLSD and 18" wheels (they are different from the 19" forged Rays wheels).

Premium A package includes the Blose, sunroof, reclining rear seats, auto up/down rear windows, dual climate, auto-dimming rearview mirror with homelink, and auto on/off headlights.

I think I got screwed, I got the Premium A package, and I can't find my Blose

J/K Thanks for the info straight from Infiniti.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Post up if you have any other questions, as I have a 2005 G35 brochure.
I would love to get my hands on one of those. I had one but I'm pretty sure I recycled it a few years ago. Never thought I'd be getting one.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM
wkk
thank you all for the responses, very helpful info.

i think you're right Buckeye, i think it's an auto too...oh well, the search continues...

hey conesweeper, funny that you mention the 19" Rays wheels....it was one of the
first things i noticed when i started looking for a G....that the wheels on the 05 coupe
looked a little nicer than on the sedan....(i started zooming in on pics and noticed the differences)

oh just saw pics of your car....very nice!...those 19" make you're car look much more aggressive.
and the best thing is that they're OEM...

it's the same thing that i was hoping to do if i ever find the right sedan (hopefully dark grey 6spd with black interior

did they bolt on hassle free?, or did you need to modify anything?

coincidentally, there's someone here locally that's selling his 19" rays for about $1500
(how silly would that be if i got the rims before the car..lol)

well thanks again everybody for the info.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by wkk
it's the same thing that i was hoping to do if i ever find the right sedan (hopefully dark grey 6spd with black interior
It's called Diamond Graphite (my color!)

Originally Posted by wkk
coincidentally, there's someone here locally that's selling his 19" rays for about $1500
Wow, that's extremely high. The better be absolutely perfect with a new set of very good tires or you're paying too much. Check out the Marketplace, you can usually find a good set of OEM 19's for anywhere from $700-$1000.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM
wkk
up here in Canada the dark grey is called Silverstone...but Diamond Graphite does sound better!

and thanks for the heads up on the pricing for used rays....btw, the rims do come with
tires and it's in CAD$.

cheers

Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
I would love to get my hands on one of those. I had one but I'm pretty sure I recycled it a few years ago. Never thought I'd be getting one.
Yea, I made sure to get a copy when I bought my car for whenever I decide to sell her, I could give it to the new owner. Also, it's great to use as toilet reading material haha TMI.... lol

Originally Posted by wkk
thank you all for the responses, very helpful info.

i think you're right Buckeye, i think it's an auto too...oh well, the search continues...

hey conesweeper, funny that you mention the 19" Rays wheels....it was one of the
first things i noticed when i started looking for a G....that the wheels on the 05 coupe
looked a little nicer than on the sedan....(i started zooming in on pics and noticed the differences)

oh just saw pics of your car....very nice!...those 19" make you're car look much more aggressive.
and the best thing is that they're OEM...

did they bolt on hassle free?, or did you need to modify anything?

(how silly would that be if i got the rims before the car..lol)

well thanks again everybody for the info.
Yes, they bolt on fine but with the drop and allignment set up I have, I had to roll the rear fenders. Also, not a big deal but something I noticed is that the OEM lug nuts are more recessed with the rear wheels which requires a bit more finesse when installing the the lug nuts, but it's really not a big deal.

Good luck with your search for a G35. They are really great cars, not once has it left me stranded. Just make sure to look at the maintenance history especially with oil consumption which 05/06 6MT G's are known for.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Yea, I made sure to get a copy when I bought my car for whenever I decide to sell her, I could give it to the new owner. Also, it's great to use as toilet reading material haha TMI.... lol
Reminds me of when I was buying a road bike. I looked at Trek, Cannondale, Giant, a few others. The one store I went to had several brands, and after working with a guy there for an hour or so checking out various models, I asked about some brochures. His response was "Don't worry, I'll send you home with some bike ****."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to tell what trim package 05 sedan is?